Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Maguire gone (official).

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

Anyone else have the heart to unfollow? lol:cry:

Might unfollow him on Insta as it’s only a moment of time until he’s in some shit selfie with Lings and Pog.

His bird on the other hand......:nigel:

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Haha 1

80 mil is a great piece of business if we spend the money wisely. Disappointed to see him go we will see if we will really miss him or not over the next few weeks. Utd fans can finally stop crying about us not letting them get what they want now the finally payed the price. Hope he does well just rather it wasn’t at Utd ?? don’t personally think he will make a massive difference to them buy Again we will see. 

He goes with My best wishes,sad hes gone!!!

Bit after 400 pages,all sorry words exchanged....

Manutd still go their man!!.

Ist Not the money....£80 mil...Stick it!!!

In Football Terms we have lost the Argument !!

We lost an up und Coming Potential WClass center back...Money is no compensation!!

Snidey thoughts,charleten remarks, ideoligical Thoughts on Money gained....wont change the position,

Like all Football stories,over 60yrs..we still lost out to the traditional Big club....

Harry Leaving opens the doors,for us to find/develope that next International Class CB...We have that potential already

In Soyu & Benkovic.  Plus 2 International experienced wise heads,in Evans & Morgan...

Plus a couple of Youngsters who might enjoy & see this Season has a Great Chance to Break through....

But we still lost a major,Proven Link in our Backbone....Money does Not replace that.....!!

He was Part of our Rebuild and Steady development....

So the vicious Circle just keeps on turning.....

We have expanded und developed our potential,where we can have higher ambitions...

But those horrible facts......follow us like the dark-cloaked figure in the shadows..!!

Name and tradition,is a fiendish competitor..!!!

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

wanted to leave after just one season.  great player but won’t cry over him leaving.

Exactly this. No disappointment here really, it was a deal that suited everyone involved.

I guess it cushions the blow a little that despite Sky over hyping he is one player we could cope without, we are better with him in the team but we won't fall apart without him either. I think Utd fans that are hailing him as the second coming of Ferdinand are in for quite the surprise.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Good player and seemingly a good bloke. At least we don’t have to listen to his shit chant anymore. 

Don’t bank on it. He’ll get more support from some of our lot in the Kop than our own players when they come to town...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

All of this leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth. What was an exciting season ahead is now looking like another boring mid table mediocre season. 

Just feels like we’re now destined to lose all of the players we have now. Can’t really get behind them knowing they’re going to piss off. I hate that players like Maguire would rather join a failing United team with such an awful fan base. 

Kante, Mahrez, Maguire all playing for other Prem clubs.  No other team has lost such quality players. We’re becoming Southampton. What’s the point of all this “Vichai’s dream” talk when we keep allowing our best players to leave to rival teams?

This whole “saga” has been totally shit for us. Times like this make me hate football. Then you see Harry there all smug chatting up his mates still here at Leicester. The whole thing stinks. We should’ve held out and told them to f’off. 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst I am not going to sit here and be bitter by saying good riddance, I must admit I am a lot less bothered about Maguire's exit than I was Mahrez, Kante and even Drinkwater (At the time)…

Yes Maguire is good, and yes his daft runs gave a bit of excitement at times but they were just some of the displays of how out of position he could find himself. For the position in which we are aiming in the league, I'm not sure his departure will be the making or breaking of us. 

The arrival of Tielemans numbs any pain for me.

14 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

All of this leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth. What was an exciting season ahead is now looking like another boring mid table mediocre season. 

Just feels like we’re now destined to lose all of the players we have now. Can’t really get behind them knowing they’re going to piss off. I hate that players like Maguire would rather join a failing United team with such an awful fan base. 

Kante, Mahrez, Maguire all playing for other Prem clubs.  No other team has lost such quality players. We’re becoming Southampton. What’s the point of all this “Vichai’s dream” talk when we keep allowing our best players to leave to rival teams?

This whole “saga” has been totally shit for us. Times like this make me hate football. Then you see Harry there all smug chatting up his mates still here at Leicester. The whole thing stinks. We should’ve held out and told them to f’off. 

Samaritans_Lockup_RGB.thumb.png.8208ea36949b4cf10d66c1208abf80ac.png

14 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Vardy, Maddison, Chilwell, Kasper, big dick Rick, Ndidi, Perez, and Youri farking Tielemans are all still here though.  Chin up.  :) 

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Good luck to him, always gave it his all for us. I hope he goes on to be a world class defender for England's sake now.

When you say he gave his all, i’d say that’s a prerequisite for being a professional footballer and a leicester City first team player anyway. I hope he does well but I hope that the club he now plays for doesn’t have domestic success because I’m a leicester fan and I want us to be better than them! 

15 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

While I get what you’re saying, no one is immune to losing a player or two when they don’t want to. We have just seen Hazard leave Chelsea for Real Madrid. Chelsea a team who one of our players jump ship to without a second thought even though they were not in Europe.

what we are doing to counteract the inevitable is building a squad of players with ready made replacements in case someone leaves. Justin James fits that bill in case Ricardo joins his boyhood dream club next year for example. 

It seems apart from Madrid and Barca no one has the prestige anymore for a player to stay put for too long. How you react from that is what matters. You can be a Southampton and react once the player goes or an athleti which seems to get stronger each time thy lose a player.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

While I get what you’re saying, no one is immune to losing a player or two when they don’t want to. We have just seen Hazard leave Chelsea for Real Madrid. Chelsea a team who one of our players jump ship to without a second thought even though they were not in Europe.

what we are doing to counteract the inevitable is building a squad of players with ready made replacements in case someone leaves. Justin James fits that bill in case Ricardo joins his boyhood dream club next year for example. 

It seems apart from Madrid and Barca no one has the prestige anymore for a player to stay put for too long. How you react from that is what matters. You can be a Southampton and react once the player goes or an athleti which seems to get stronger each time thy lose a player.

Great post. I'd argue that it's just Real Madrid now. Even Barca aren't immune, just look at the situation with Neymar. 

As you say, we need to follow the example set by Atletico, they are the masters of this situation, albeit they're a far bigger club than we are.

• Like 1