Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Maguire gone (official).

47 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

All of this leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth. What was an exciting season ahead is now looking like another boring mid table mediocre season. 

Just feels like we’re now destined to lose all of the players we have now. Can’t really get behind them knowing they’re going to piss off. I hate that players like Maguire would rather join a failing United team with such an awful fan base. 

Kante, Mahrez, Maguire all playing for other Prem clubs.  No other team has lost such quality players. We’re becoming Southampton. What’s the point of all this “Vichai’s dream” talk when we keep allowing our best players to leave to rival teams?

This whole “saga” has been totally shit for us. Times like this make me hate football. Then you see Harry there all smug chatting up his mates still here at Leicester. The whole thing stinks. We should’ve held out and told them to f’off. 

Yeah this is going to be like that awful time when we struggled to replace Cambiasso and we never recovered.

Oh wait....

• Haha 1

The revisionism when someone leaves is strange but happens at all clubs.

Should go without saying he was excellent for us. Made the odd mistake he might be more crucified for in future, but was by and large quality.

Some great moments too such as the goals against Man U, Liverpool and Southampton and do worry about our set pieces at both ends as most of them were aimed at that considerable head. Never mind the ability against sides sitting back to go on those runs.

Suddenly a lot of pressure on Soyuncu, but also a great opportunity and hopefully he fits in comfortably from the off on Sunday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

All of this leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth. What was an exciting season ahead is now looking like another boring mid table mediocre season. 

Just feels like we’re now destined to lose all of the players we have now. Can’t really get behind them knowing they’re going to piss off. I hate that players like Maguire would rather join a failing United team with such an awful fan base. 

Kante, Mahrez, Maguire all playing for other Prem clubs.  No other team has lost such quality players. We’re becoming Southampton. What’s the point of all this “Vichai’s dream” talk when we keep allowing our best players to leave to rival teams?

This whole “saga” has been totally shit for us. Times like this make me hate football. Then you see Harry there all smug chatting up his mates still here at Leicester. The whole thing stinks. We should’ve held out and told them to f’off. 

be careful about leaving your house, there’s any number of things and people that could hurt you...

• Haha 1

Let's remember despite "sky sources" sh*tstirring, he's been 100% professional, even preseason, and not thrown his toys out the pram or handed in a transfer request like a couple of others that have left us in the last few years. And we still give them polite applause when they play against us, so he deserves respect for that. 

Thanks for last two seasons,Slabhead. 

All the best + Good luck for the future (except on 14/09/19 & 17/05/20, or any other dates sky move them too). 

Keep it up for England too. 

You may now be a red, but once a fox always a fox ? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Not a title winning legend for us. Not a local lad. I don't think he was here long enough to have a real affiliation with us. Doest feel like when we lost Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez for me. Good luck in the Europa this season. 

Mahrez and Kante yes, wasn’t bothered about drinkwater tbh

I’m too bloody old to worry about players leaving. I’ve watched the city long enough to realise any great players we have will eventually move on.

Maguire was a terrific player for us, you can see by the posts from other players he was well liked and good to have around the place.

Not at club legend status, but a player I will always be proud to say was one of ours.

He will captain England and United one day and I hope he gets a warm reception every time he visits the KP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep reading that Man Utd have bought him to be a much needed leader in their team. Does he have this in him? People seem to think he's a likable character but he doesn't strike me as a leader. If he is he never really displayed it here. And also will people stop saying he was 'Great' or 'Excellent' for us. He was a decent midtable PL defender at best and you can't possibly say we've looked defensively strong very often over his time here. And I don't get where this idea that his bringing the ball out from the back (and himself out of position) was a crucial part of the way we played has come from! Fully expect him to become a bit of a meme and a joke figure at Man Utd when he doesn't live up to the astronomical price tag.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I feel slightly miffed when he talks about being excited by OGS's vision and plans for the club as one of the reasons for his move. It's tantamount to saying that Brendon, Top and Leicester's vision and plans weren't good enough.

Obviously I'm biased but I reckon team like Leicester trying to break into top 6 team like Man U struggling to maintain place in top 6 is far more vision from us.

Empty words to appease the plastic millions from Slabhead there.

Let's be honest here, Gollum's "vision" will have consisted of a ten minute chat about taking Manchester United back to "where they belong".

It's just an easy soundbite for Maguire to regurgitate in front of the cameras to get everyone on side.

For me I'm sad to see him leave as he's been a good player for us but at the same time there is simply no way we could ever turn down that sort of money for him.  It's high-risk desperation from Manchester United

The only thing I'm miffed about is the fact we won't be able to bring in any sort of replacement at good value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woddyuk said:

Let's remember despite "sky sources" sh*tstirring, he's been 100% professional, even preseason, and not thrown his toys out the pram or handed in a transfer request like a couple of others that have left us in the last few years. And we still give them polite applause when they play against us, so he deserves respect for that. 

Thanks for last two seasons,Slabhead. 

All the best + Good luck for the future (except on 14/09/19 & 17/05/20, or any other dates sky move them too). 

Keep it up for England too. 

You may now be a red, but once a fox always a fox ? 

This maybe controversial but I don’t agree with this, he was professional till the end. Someone from his side “leaked” the conversation he had with Vichai last year. Someone from his side specifically mentioned Vichai’s name - not the club, Vichai. There was an obvious reason for that, to put Top under pressure (he didn’t buckle, which was great to see!). To me, that has an element of playing the game - with very underhand tactics - it was mentioned twice which gives the impression he didn’t ask who ever was bringing up Vichai’s name to stop. That’s not professional to me, it’s an attempt at emotional blackmail - the fact his goodbye tweet hash tagged the boss just rubs salt in the wounds. 

I appreciate this maybe a controversial opinion but it hasn’t  even been year since the tragedy, was there any need for it to be brought up in a Football transfer saga.

On 05/08/2019 at 20:31, Master Fox said:

On 05/08/2019 at 20:40, Master Fox said:

Give it another season and they’ll all be gone. 

Pretty sure you're invited to a lot of parties and you seem like the right type of guy to call if one feels depressed.

Chill out, we aren't in League One yet.

Thanks  for the contribution Harry, you looked class at times for us and a bit ropey on others LOL, and have gone on to be an England regular. Loved by England fans as you played for a non-top 6 side, lets see if you now get the same love! Amazing profit for the club for a very solid player but not the best defender in the world as the transfer fee seems to suggest.

Like with Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez moving on, we will continue to move forward without Harry so it isnt doom and gloom. Hopefully Benkovic gets a chance in his absence. 

• Like 1

Well rodgers clearly isnt happy with the maguire business in his tv interview but hopefully he can work round it.

He also made it known, the club have had more than enough time to prepare a replacement so its on them to get that sorted.

Edited by Chrysalis

I loved having a good 'old fashioned' in terms of physique CB, loved seeing a Leicester player convincingly earn his place in the England starting 11, and wish Maguire all the best, save for when he plays against us.

its as simple as that really

• Like 3

Last home game of the season - Harry thumps in a spectacular own-goal which wins the game for Leicester and gives us a CL spot at Utd's expense...He rips off his red shirt to reveal a Leicester top beneath and everyone realises it was all part of Brendan's elaborate plan...