Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Monty

Maguire gone (official).

34 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

These numbers look suspect.  Chelsea sold Hazard for £90M. No way they have a net income of £173M.

Didn't they get about 50mill for Morata? 

• Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 01:42, Chrysalis said:

Net spend ended up been a bit meh, what happened to the claimed going for broke some predicted?

skysports-graphic-data-transfer_4740034.png

I know it doesn’t make much difference but it was actually a net spend of £20 million because we had to give Hull £9 million. 

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Might be unpopular, but I've got more love for Drinky than Kante in all honesty, obviously Kante was a huge catalyst but Drinky was there at the start of the build and also had a bit of a roller coaster ride himself.  Remember how much he was slated after the Barnsley game? You could argue his rise here was quite similar to Vardy's, go from thinking he's pretty disposable to then becoming such a key player the club. I think the euro 2016 snub did actually get to him, because I don't think he was the same player after that. Like with Kante, while I'll have fond memories of him, I just can't quite love him after he ran straight for the exit immediately after winning the title. 

I have no love for either of them.  They're Chelsea players.  They move on, so do we.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

11mil is that a joke. I hope a considerable amount of cash is on ice to be used in the next two transfer windows or else Rodgers got hoodwinked again.:)

Rodgers spent nearly £100m in a single window. I don't know what else he'd possibly want.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Might be unpopular, but I've got more love for Drinky than Kante in all honesty, obviously Kante was a huge catalyst but Drinky was there at the start of the build and also had a bit of a roller coaster ride himself.  Remember how much he was slated after the Barnsley game? You could argue his rise here was quite similar to Vardy's, go from thinking he's pretty disposable to then becoming such a key player the club. I think the euro 2016 snub did actually get to him, because I don't think he was the same player after that. Like with Kante, while I'll have fond memories of him, I just can't quite love him after he ran straight for the exit immediately after winning the title. 

Not me, Mate.

it was clear to me that Kante was world class for us and I just feel privileged to have seen him in a Leicester shirt. I think we were lucky  even for  just that. Drinky was a likeable chap and fit in well to what we played but his limitations were there for all to see. how their careers have gone since is a clear indication that Kante was destined for a bigger stage and Drinky wasn’t. In other words, drinky thought more highly of himself than he should have whilst Kante had every right to believe he belonged at a higher lvl.

• Like 2

As if he's turning down Man City, what a load of rubbish.

quite a few of our fans bitched about him while he was here ( not a perfect player  every game etc etc) they're still bitching,   now  that hes gone.   

you can't have it both ways you twa*s!

• Confused 1

story is probably going round old trafford that he would have preferred man city... agent probably released this story to save face at United.

35 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

quite a few of our fans bitched about him while he was here ( not a perfect player  every game etc etc) they're still bitching,   now  that hes gone.   

you can't have it both ways you twa*s!

This is actually only having it one way.

It would be both ways if they praised him like a messiah while he was here and now slagged him off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

For sure, at least Mahrez stuck around for the Champions League, and helped give the fans a European adventure to remember. He was linked with Arsenal amongst others but he was waiting for a Barcelona/Real Madrid to call, and to be fair this Man City side are up there with that sort of level of quality, just without the European trophies. 

Fair enough if those sides come calling, but a Chelsea side who had just finished 10th when he had a contract offer on the table from us for more than 100k a week, just felt a bit disrespectful when we had Champions League football on offer and was the key part of our greatest side ever. 

He should have gone to a Juventus, Real Madrid etc to really show how good he really is. Not ****ing Chelsea. 

He left and has since won the league again, fa cup and europa league. That's more than those teams you've mentioned and more of a challenge in some respects. Plus he could still get another move - he wasn't to have foreseen Chelsea's transfer ban when signing which hinders them competing at the same level. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike