Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Some of the prices they quoted were ridiculously high; but as has been said, that seems to be the way football is going.

I think those prices will be corporate prices though. I get the idea that upon completion there'll be a fair amount of corporate seating. The west stand might no longer be considered the "main stand" with restaurants etc moving over to the east stand 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Or move the Visitors?

If there is a fan zone east stand side and an extra tier would the away be moved to west stand corner?

Isn't there something to do with policing that says the away end must be as close to the train station as possible?

Maybe I imagined that though! 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Or perhaps the opposite as standing up fans can see over seated ones better than the other way round? 

Yeah hence the 'double tier' to alleviate such issues. However, if Top was to come and consult me then I would begrudgingly accept said compromise.

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yeah hence the 'double tier' to alleviate such issues. However, if Top was to come and consult me then I would begrudgingly accept said compromise.

Oh, I see what you mean now, it's my slow brain. I suppose if in the process it didn't lose any potential capacity from their point of view it could work well. I can't stand anymore cuz I'm an ode knacker with a dodgy back but would still vote for it as I remember liking to stand up. There's room for both I think.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

i don't agree to be honest I think they will try and move everyone into the KOP. keeping the away fans where they are over two tiers.

This is what I’m saying they will do. Away fans one end of the ground, people who want to sing in the Kop at the other end of the ground...

Will kill the atmosphere even further. 

Best thing they could do is keep the away fans where they are and allow for those who want to stand and sing to still be next to the away section (which means moving the Family Stand).

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We really need to upgrade 3 sides of the exterior of the stadium as well. It looks rubbish at the minute. 

So does the front apart from the glass badge.

Cov blue colours on the windows and looking like some 60s office block.

19 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We really need to upgrade 3 sides of the exterior of the stadium as well. It looks rubbish at the minute. 

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

So does the front apart from the glass badge.

Cov blue colours on the windows and looking like some 60s office block.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm amazed how little it cost by today's standards. £32m is seriously good value for a stadium that operates by 20th century standards but designed to be upgradeable in the future. Can't wait to see our plans while we have 3 times that amount to spend on just one side of the ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm amazed how little it cost by today's standards. £32m is seriously good value for a stadium that operates by 20th century standards but designed to be upgradeable in the future. Can't wait to see our plans while we have 3 times that amount to spend on just one side of the ground.

It seemed like so much money back then. Crazy when you have think about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Two things:

Make the Kop double tiered or 'divided' somehow. 

Install safe standing in the lower tier 

Done.

I've been to the Allianz area in the tier above their kop/Ultras. 

It's superb and the upper tier is raised enough so that the lower tier all stands and they constantly wave flags etc and nobody's view is obscured in the upper. 

The only time they down flags is at half time 👍

36 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I've been to the Allianz area in the tier above their kop/Ultras. 

It's superb and the upper tier is raised enough so that the lower tier all stands and they constantly wave flags etc and nobody's view is obscured in the upper. 

The only time they down flags is at half time 👍

Bayern Ultras are a serious outfit. They give tremendous support.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

As much as I hate how American it is Spurs have played a blinder getting fans staying in and around the ground. I'm surprised at the amount of people that are content paying premium prices for shit food and worse beer in bare, draughty concourses. Obviously, I'm not a market research business but if you sell a mixture of better beers, local produce, without cretins serving you at a reasonable price you're going to have more fans spending more time and money in the ground.

Compass having a long contract can't be an excuse anymore either, we're a Premier League club with European ambitions, we're not getting held hostage by some wanky corporate catering company probably headquartered in some hovel London satellite town.

Pretty rare to see American fans staying inside a stadium or arena after a game is over because of cutoff times for alcohol sales.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

RIP L1.

Clear from this survey that they want to turn that area into corporate-type season ticket seating.

Best thing they could do is move the Family Stand to a corner and create a new Kop in the North Stand next to the away fans in the corner.

They won’t, of course. They’ll try and get everyone to move to the South Stand, make a terrible hash of it and kill the atmosphere even further.

Maybe they will go ahead with safe safe standing and season ticket holders in l1 will be given first refusal on standing season tickets. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Pretty rare to see American fans staying inside a stadium or arena after a game is over because of cutoff times for alcohol sales.

Yeah wouldn't want too many mad heads smashing down loads of 3.6% beers too late

• Haha 2

I just go the survey this afternoon, and I am not a season ticket holder (although I went to a majority of the games last year) -- I found the seating choices they kept offering a bit odd. I also found it odd they didn't ask more particular questions about how much money I spend at the stadium. I often pick up a couple of bag of crisps for the boys, and sometimes have a drink (but only if I am just going with the wife). However, I would probably buy food EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. if it wasn't disgusting. I ordered food the first two times at the King Power, and spat it out both times (and I often eat some disgusting stuff. I'm an American.) Also the service is slow and incompetent. 

It was interesting going to the Atalanta game, since we were in the Keith Weller section (first time in any kind of "upscale seating", but it was only £15) The bar had a much better selection, but again, the service was awful (but I have a feeling they were shortstaffed, and the keg cellar was having some problems, supposedly.)

As for the safe standing, I said I supported it, but wouldn't use it. 

3 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Two things:

Make the Kop double tiered or 'divided' somehow. 

Install safe standing in the lower tier 

Done.

Surely the ideal scenario would be for the whole of the south stand to ultimately be converted to standing. There'll be enough room around the other 3 sides of the ground for those that prefer to sit. A nice new low roof to hold the noise in would be nice too. 

Personally, with another tier being added, I'll like to also see the back half of the current East stand (or lower tier as it will become) converted to standing too. 

Shift the away fans down to the other end of the end stand too, and it would be perfect. 

Edited by Snik-Snok