Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

8 minutes ago, taupe said:

The "loner" tag intrigues me because that's something I think I can see in him. There's seems a quietness to his manner; not unfriendly but quiet. I'd imagine that the process of learning English, of being in a different environment, meant he was not at the heart of the squad as more extroverted individuals (like Fofana for instance) might be. I would have imagined having Under around made a big difference, then having him go must have been a wrench.  

Integrating is hard enough as it is, not being equipped with an outgoing personality makes it that bit harder.

Yeah he definitely comes across like this, I wasn’t surprised reading that article. He has always come across a bit introverted. I’ve always the liked the bloke as a person from what I’ve seen. Most footballers are bellends, let’s be real, he seems like a chill guy off the pitch.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I mean he did get the ball and just kicked it into Romero… seems ridiculous to drop him because of that IMO. I just figured it was his general form for a period coupled with occasional issues with his temperament. 

Edit: tried some slomo… Soyuncu has already touched it in this still here, Romero is running at full spring and flying in with that scissor challenge is wild. Arguably makes the correct call not diving in with him, they’d both come out of it pretty badly… but Romero has all the momentum, could easily break his leg.

1B6A7FD5-847D-42C7-B5F8-685FD3F351B8.jpeg

Yep, that was a leg-breaking tackle by the Spurs guy, a nailed-on red card offence, yet not penalised at all by the ref.  Looking at that it didn't come across to me as a "pulling out" by Soy.  V unlucky if that incensed Rodgers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Yep, that was a leg-breaking tackle by the Spurs guy, a nailed-on red card offence, yet not penalised at all by the ref.  Looking at that it didn't come across to me as a "pulling out" by Soy.  V unlucky if that incensed Rodgers.

Part of the problem is that Cags faked being hurt straight after. It was something picked up on MOTD where they criticised him for not getting up and tracking back. They really did a number on him, and although Cags f***ed up I felt that more should have been made of Romeros challenge. At the time, the conspiracy theorist in me wondered if Rodgers had okayed the critique of Cags. Bearing in mind he has not played since, I wonder if I may have been right.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bryn said:
1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Part of the problem is that Cags faked being hurt straight after. It was something picked up on MOTD where they criticised him for not getting up and tracking back. They really did a number on him, and although Cags f***ed up I felt that more should have been made of Romeros challenge. At the time, the conspiracy theorist in me wondered if Rodgers had okayed the critique of Cags. Bearing in mind he has not played since, I wonder if I may have been right.

Rodgers okayed the BBC criticising Soyuncu?????

ffs

I wonder if you need to give your head a wobble and displace the tinfoil hat.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Rodgers okayed the BBC criticising Soyuncu?????

ffs

I wonder if you need to give your head a wobble and displace the tinfoil hat.

Jeeze - calm down. All I was saying was at the time the critique felt way overblown considering Romero was coming in like a rocket.  We know Rodger’s plays the media well and has good connections. Doing a number on Cags and now playing him again all felt a little too convenient.  I did say the ‘conspiracy theorist’ in me. I’m a bloody Rodger’s in guy too!!

• Haha 1

The BBC aren’t going to slate a player at the behest of his manager whatever his connections.

Remove tinhat before posting, surely you’ve realised that at the moment any daft claim becomes a fact within seconds on here.

Edited by hackneyfox

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I mean he did get the ball and just kicked it into Romero… seems ridiculous to drop him because of that IMO. I just figured it was his general form for a period coupled with occasional issues with his temperament. 

Edit: tried some slomo… Soyuncu has already touched it in this still here, Romero is running at full spring and flying in with that scissor challenge is wild. Arguably makes the correct call not diving in with him, they’d both come out of it pretty badly… but Romero has all the momentum, could easily break his leg.

1B6A7FD5-847D-42C7-B5F8-685FD3F351B8.jpeg

I remember Rodgers’ post match comments on the tackle more than the tackle/Cags’ role in it.

There is no way 9/10 CB’s go in for that tackle with Romero’s excessive force…as others have said…Cags was stupid to roll around “injured” afterwards but how many times would that be blown up as a foul so think football/protection for CB’s at times influenced Cags’ decision there.

You can’t sugar coat his last seasons performances but could say the same for most of our players bar Madders from December onwards.

There is a player in there and would love to see Cags sign a new contract just can’t see it sadly.

Don’t worry we have Big Dan and Jannik to step up 🥹

I don't see a way back from him here. Rodgers is playing Amartey at LCB over him, this tells you all you need to know regarding BR's confidence in the player. 

In other circumstances you could argue its because he's not signed a new deal but neither has Youri and he plays every available minute going. 

It’s a stretch, but imagine we sacked Rodgers and a new man comes in and reinvigorates the squad…

Cags signs a new contact and saves us £15/20m signing a replacement. That’d cover a lot of Brendan’s payoff…

I do still believe there’s a real player in Cags, would be a shame to see him leave at the end of the season, especially on a free.

If Cags is as great as some on here believe, why are there no offers for him?  Why does no one seem to want him?  

As for playing with Evans - so what do we do if Evans gets injured early in a game.  Sub them both?  Is that what we really want, a starting CB who can only play when conditions are perfect?

Sorry to all his newfound fans.  He needs to go and a replacement needs to be found when we are financially able to do so.

Edited by marbles

If Rodgers has decided he cannot trust Cags and is not prepared to revisit that decision then it's the end of the road. All Cags can do is turn up and train, bide his time until he's released from the dog box he's been put in. But that doesn't add up for me. There has to be more to it than that. I have no idea, and I'm not about to suggest anything based on guesswork. Cags is rash, can be volatile, but he's a decent enough player.

3 minutes ago, marbles said:

If Cags is as great as some on here believe, why are there no offers for him?  Why does no one seem to want him?  

It's a good question but then we don't know that there hasn't been enquires. Maybe Cags' wages are beyond the clubs that have asked and he prefers to sit it out on good wages. I get you don't rate him but he would be of interest to some clubs. We're not in Benko territory here. For me,  it doesn't add up. 

Just now, taupe said:

It's a good question but then we don't know that there hasn't been enquires. Maybe Cags' wages are beyond the clubs that have asked and he prefers to sit it out on good wages. I get you don't rate him but he would be of interest to some clubs. We're not in Benko territory here. For me,  it doesn't add up. 

Doesn’t add up for me either.

Maybe we just haven’t heard, but it seems no one has even inquired?  Really?  I don’t get it.

9 minutes ago, taupe said:

If Rodgers has decided he cannot trust Cags and is not prepared to revisit that decision then it's the end of the road. All Cags can do is turn up and train, bide his time until he's released from the dog box he's been put in. But that doesn't add up for me. There has to be more to it than that. I have no idea, and I'm not about to suggest anything based on guesswork. Cags is rash, can be volatile, but he's a decent enough player.

I can only assume that cags not interested in taking any option to move this summer his really pissed the club off

when compared with amartey, cags will bring a decent fee in 

but then you’d have thought the same with YT - but then we don’t know what has gone on behind the scenes. Perhaps YT has been engaged in discussions on a contract extension whereas cags has not.  Could be that cags has indicated that he will be leaving next summer on a free whatever the circumstances. Could be that cags has a niggling injury that rodgers doesn’t want to reference. 

all we can do is speculate BUT the journos could actually ask the question…..

36 minutes ago, marbles said:

As for playing with Evans - so what do we do if Evans gets injured early in a game.  Sub them both?  Is that what we really want, a starting CB who can only play when conditions are perfect?

Sorry to all his newfound fans.  He needs to go and a replacement needs to be found when we are financially able to do so.

I think there is def a question mark on Cags’ mental aspect of his game BUT you don’t go from dropping Cruyff turns and getting into the PL and Bundesliga team of the season if don’t have something about you.

As others have said, Rodgers has made reference about “broken” players before….Cags is that right now, try and fix him rather than playing a below average Big Dan.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can only assume that cags not interested in taking any option to move this summer his really pissed the club off

Yes, that's a possibility. To me, it smacks of cutting off the nose to spite the face to bench him, especially when (as you say ) Youri's situation is not dissimilar, but it's true - we don't know what's gone on. Further, I'd guess we'll never know but imo there doesn't seem to be a road back for Cags at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Call me old fashioned, but when a player is obviously having a slump in form, the manager's job is to try to work constructively with that player to help them to regain it. 

Soyuncu has shown with us he can be a very good PL defender.  He had a very bad Euros with Turkey,  and his form with us dipped badly too with his rash side coning to the fore.  I hope Rodgers would have worked with him to help him rather than hang him out to dry, especially at a time when we need a good CB.  However,  Brendan has form it seems in cold shouldering players.  

Let's just gloss over the fact that he 40 games last season and he's been on the bench for both games this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Let's just gloss over the fact that he 40 games last season and he's been on the bench for both games this season

But if we say he was on the bench behind a bang average (at best) Amartey as a LCB that itself is madness.

If Big Dan was at RCB it wouldn’t be as damning…he can’t play there (LCB that is) yet Cags easily has and can.

• Like 1