Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Horrendous in a horrendous style.

Play to his strengths, play to the strengths of the majority of our players and I’m sure there would be an upturn.

But nah, it’s not in this new found philosophy or the way to play football is it.

Soyuncu was brilliant before in the same style. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Turkey are just the international version of us

Defensive mistakes costing them big time

1st goal

2nd goal

Very talented player, clearly fragile as far as confidence goes.  Playing for that shower has gone a ways toward ruining him.

So probably not the guy to plug back into a similar situation at the KP.

I hate to see such talent wasted.

edit: Cags needs to go to a club with good defensive coaching, that can work him gradually into their rotation.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

I don't get why Rodgers doesn't say to him, "look, im going to give you a chance. Don't let me down and play well and you can be in with a chance for first team".

If he plays and is utter rubbish (like Rodgers tells us he will be) then fair enough. But he can't be any worse than what is happening now.

Can it?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

His total exclusion is baffling (guess BR doesn't think he's training well), but Soyuncu was below par for both club and country last season. Our results would not be appreciably better with him in the team. He hasn't suddenly turned into prime Franco Baresi just because BR won't pick him. The manager's tactics are a far bigger issue right now than the playing personnel.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Yet Cags was on the bench on Saturday so it can't be that bad.

Who knows.

The injuries we’ve had in Rodgers’ tenure.

The injuries players have played with/through in Rodgers’ tenure.

On 08/10/2022 at 17:52, kiwiturk said:

This is personal. 

The Under was subject to same treatment. He was benched after  been voted MOTM in Arsenal game.

I'm seriously questioning BR's mental stability beyond football now.

He’s a poisonous petty little dwarf. We’re talking about the man who pulled Kasper after 149 consecutive appearances.

• Like 1

My gut feel is that there's more to the Cags situation than we'll ever know. Some of the words, I can accept (not training well, etc) and maybe Cags has completely given up, but how did we get there? I don't necessarily blame Rodgers (I can't, I don't know what's gone on) but it looks to me like Rodgers has given up on Cags as much as  vice-versa, both going through the charade.

Cags is either gone in Jan for a token sum or he walks next summer. Either way, I doubt we'll see much of him.

• Like 2

I just don’t trust much of what Rodgers comes out with lately. 

We’ve all seen the talent and ability that Cags possesses, yes there have been some bad performances but he should be ahead of Amartey in the CB picking order. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, taupe said:

My gut feel is that there's more to the Cags situation than we'll ever know. Some of the words, I can accept (not training well, etc) and maybe Cags has completely given up, but how did we get there? I don't necessarily blame Rodgers (I can't, I don't know what's gone on) but it looks to me like Rodgers has given up on Cags as much as  vice-versa, both going through the charade.

Cags is either gone in Jan for a token sum or he walks next summer. Either way, I doubt we'll see much of him.

If we can get 5 million for him in Jan that should be a nice deposit for sacking Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would add to the above, Rodgers has proper Trussed it, but why does Caglar deserve to start? Don’t get this frequent call for him to start. 

I think it's more that the alternative is Amartey. 

It's not that Soyuncu necessarily deserves to start but we need a more capable option at CB than Big Dan and Soyuncu has at least at some point in his career with us shown himself to be a capable player. Whether that's still the case or not now is up for debate, but we can't know unless he actually plays a game now.

Honestly, I'd take Lewis Brunt having a go at this point even as a backup CB, but considering injured Soyuncu seems to be preferred on the bench to Brunt I highly doubt that will happen, and it may not be a good idea to throw in an inexperienced CB into our shambles. It'd be a nice risk to take though, at least it'd be trying something else out other than the tedium of our current malaise.

• Like 2