Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

12 minutes ago, Hales said:

Agreed. I just don't like the way he has treated several of the players. Its really actually quite rude and disrespectful - Kel, Dennis and now Cags.  I bet they can't wait for him to leave! Cags clearly lost form and confidence so he dumps him. All that Kel has done and again just dumps him.  Dennis has the patience of a Saint! Hopefully he will get his chance now. Any excuse to freeze them out and throw them under the bus. I thought he was supposed to be a brilliant man manager.......... 🤔🙄

Yes particularly Kelechi who saved his season not once but twice. We know whar a goal threat he is. Sometimes you just have to indulge a players failings knowing that their best efforts is contributing to the teams success.

Praet is a strange one, I called it in Jan 2 years ago that he'd be off in the Summer and so it proved. He left on loan to Torino. He's technically a good player but lacks the strength or pace for the Premiership. Having said that he has looked better in preseason games so I think he's worth another chance. The problem is where do you play him.?  He's another poor signing by Brendan at a time when we needed a RW not a midfielder.

Sack off the back 3 and if Evans or Fofana is injured, Soyuncu is the next option for me in a back 4, irrespective of him winding down his contract to presumably leave on a free. Unfortunately Rodger’s clearly has a problem with him maybe because of the contract situation, and that Spurs ‘tackle’ was the straw that broke the camel’s back. 

2 minutes ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Soyuncu had a bad last season. But i cant remember the last time Evans,Wes and Cags played together. For me the main reason Cags struggled last season was because the constantly changing backline. Play Cags with Evans and Wes and he will be a rock again. Club has to be ashamed to treat a respectful guy like Cags this bad.

He;s been our best left sided CB even in a 3.

I think he's at his best playing alongside Evans, Where they play close together and snuff out the Danger. Knowing they have cover on either side at RB and LB.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2022 at 14:53, Guest said:

I think you overestimate the ease with which senior players who have been playing football all their lives can be "fixed" unfortunately. Of course coaching can and should help players improve but that's through fine-tuning their existing skills and setting the team up to get the best out of their collective abilities (and of course you could certainly argue Rodgers is not doing the latter at present) rather than transforming them.

A new manager is not, for instance, going to come in and make Soyuncu a calm and cool-headed defender upon whom we can always rely, Tielemans an all-round athlete with pace to burn, Ndidi a top-class technician, Daka a forward who thrives when dropping deep and linking the play, Praet a goalscoring midfielder, and so on, just as nobody's going to rectify Adama Traore's horrific end product or David de Gea being crap with his feet. If it were a simple matter of identifying and "correcting" these huge underlying flaws, whether technical, physical or mental, every player at the top level would have none.

....those traits you have listed are contrary to the individuals' skillset!!!

There is always going to be part of a player's ability where it is not equal to what they are proficient at. The way Youri struggles with pace and stamina is part of his makeup, Ndidi plays in a certain way, and putting him in a position that leans heavily on what he is not good at, will only make him look poor.

Identifying players' strengths and building a team where those strengths are continually brought to the fore is a skill of management and observation.

Traore should look to supply only, simplifying his game would take away the rabbit in headlight decisions that he makes alleviating pressure in those situations. 

Sometimes putting a player in another position will suit them better, they just have to think about the game differently.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Really want this to happen, so bizarre how we've had no concrete interest in him, so many teams need a CB right now and he'd be available for less than £20m on modest wages.

The situation with him is very strange, seems unwilling to sign a new contract and seems no interest in him.

Very similar to YT, not sure if they both just have dodgy agents. 

• Like 1

If Fofana leaves (and Vestergaard hopefully), I would like to see us sign two CB’s.

An experienced pro to cover Evans and a young upcoming CB to compete with Soyuncu.

Cags seems to really struggle without an experienced leader next to him, so we need someone of that ilk to cover Evans whenever he’s injured.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

On 13/08/2022 at 23:05, Mickyblueeyes said:

I thought he was pretty poor (for his standards) last year. However, he was also asked to play a lot of season next to Amartey or Vestegaard. It’s unfair not to give him a fresh start. Once Brendan develops a grudge, it’s very hard to shake off. Just ask Kel, Praet and Cags.

Exactly and most of the time with Thomas next to him all we need to do to fix our defensive problems is play a flat back four of Castange Evans Soy Justin.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, taupe said:

The Cags situation baffles me too. If he doesn't get a run at Stockport than I really will suspect something's amiss.

I know the landlord who rents him his house (£3k a month) and he has told him he wants a double your money contract from the club…hence why he’s been benched.

On 13/08/2022 at 23:17, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Soyuncu had a bad last season. But i cant remember the last time Evans,Wes and Cags played together. For me the main reason Cags struggled last season was because the constantly changing backline. Play Cags with Evans and Wes and he will be a rock again. Club has to be ashamed to treat a respectful guy like Cags this bad.

3 atb dont work don't matter if we play Nesta, Cannvaro and Cellini the formation is flawed.

The mess we’re currently in could be solved by showing faith in cags again, getting rid of Vestergaard and signing a prospect instead. It’s clear Brendan doesn’t like him and I’ve been told specifically from the closest source you can get in terms of our transfers that he’s become a bit of a loner in training. Something has to give 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Odd that he wouldn't sign a new contract for the best part of a whole season, does an interview about loving the club that gave him a chance and now nothing is happening. 

No further contract talks. 

No transfer speculation.

Not starting (bad decision).

Personally, would rather hope he stays. Given what we saw of how good he could be, I'm ever the optimist that he can become that good and settled again. I'd rather sell Amartey and Vestergaard than Soyuncu. 

Just odd how it's all gone very quiet. 

When I read that interview I kind of got the feeling he might have been "sowing the seeds" ahead of a possible contract extension if he doesn't get a move he wants this summer, which itself looks very unlikely

Similar to Youri, I think he was expecting at some point to have got an actual offer from a big club and get a big move, I think there was supposedly interest from Barcelona at one point? and so turned down any new contract we put in front of him

But with his past 18-24 months or so of being quite poor his chances appear to be completely gone now, like you mention there isn't a mention of any interest at all lately

Edited by moore_94

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. BR loves a broken player and here is one waiting to be re-integrated and fixed.

Let's get this done Brendan and Caglar. Good half season; sign new contract. Lovely.

Does this mean he's being reintegrated or is this just your wish? 

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At about 1:15

I mean he did get the ball and just kicked it into Romero… seems ridiculous to drop him because of that IMO. I just figured it was his general form for a period coupled with occasional issues with his temperament. 

Edit: tried some slomo… Soyuncu has already touched it in this still here, Romero is running at full spring and flying in with that scissor challenge is wild. Arguably makes the correct call not diving in with him, they’d both come out of it pretty badly… but Romero has all the momentum, could easily break his leg.

1B6A7FD5-847D-42C7-B5F8-685FD3F351B8.jpeg

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Thanks 1