Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

8 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

Maybe because of rodgers kasper wanted out i reckon he never leaves this club if rodgers aint here

Not sure about this, it's well know that if Kasper wanted a manager out, he'd be out. 

My presumption is that following the Spurs and Forest shambles where twice in 4 days we conceded twice in a minute, think about that a moment, professionals doing that twice in a matter of days, Rodgers presumably gave them a *******ing, the public one we saw and phrases such as something like some of them think they’ve arrived and have achieved all they’re going to achieve, then undoubtedly behind closed doors with video analysis etc. We don ‘t know how the individual players responded to this but there are likely to have been disagreements, denials and open discussions / arguments with some taking it better than others.

Different responses, different willingness to take it on board and improve, different levels of honesty different levels of resentment to Rodger’s and from Rodger’s different levels of culpability per player not just one collective brush stroke of blame.

Whatever happened though it’s been 6 months now and we’re fielding a bomb scare error prone guy who tries hard over an error capable one who can look like he doesn’t give a **** but who we know can be good enough when  paired with Evans rather than Amartey, a Danish walking wardrobe, full backs or a filling in DM. It’s harming the team now though, fielding Amartey increases the oppositions XG before they take to the pitch. We’ve started the season unprofessionally unprepared. The refresh would be to lose (sell) them both and bring in 3 CB’s (to cover Wes’s loss too). We have 5 days .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deano1 said:

We have two international centre backs but we play amartey in front of these yet we are averaging letting in 2+ goals per match you have to ask the question

It is strange we are conceding two a game and Rodgers just doesn’t seem to want to give cags a go next to evans. Amartey isn’t good so it won’t hurt to give it a try 

• Like 2

Noticed when Evans went down and Cags started warming up that Cags enthusiastically responded to the away end chanting his name. Is Rodgers refusing to play him because he fears he'll be proved wrong? Crazy to suggest this but Rodgers will always put himself first ahead of the club let alone individual players.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, hejammy said:

Not sure about this, it's well know that if Kasper wanted a manager out, he'd be out. 

..he (Kasper) probably wasn't backed this time, considering the timing and the amount necessary to make it happen!!!

I also suspect why the offers are not there is because his agent has informed other agents that he only wishes to go to a specific club. I would hazard a quess that it would be Olympique Marseille.

image.png.08ee05b59f715f941c87c8d7480303f5.png
I get he's trying to send a message to Vestergaard but at least from the sounds of it, he wasnt half bad against Stockport in the cup, putting in plenty of blocks.

The only slight issue with him is that once a player is past him, thats pretty much it. So we gotta ask ourselves, do we want to be caught on the counter more often or do we want to give away free shots from the edge of the box

• Like 1

15 hours ago, deano1 said:

We have two international centre backs but we play amartey in front of these yet we are averaging letting in 2+ goals per match you have to ask the question

Daniel Amartey is an international CB who will play in this year’s World Cup.

Soyuncu’s Turkey lost all three group stage games at the last Euros and didn’t qualify for this year’s World Cup. 

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Daniel Amartey is an international CB who will play in this year’s World Cup.

Soyuncu’s Turkey lost all three group stage games at the last Euros and didn’t qualify for this year’s World Cup. 

I wouldn’t use the World Cup as a barometer of player success. 

Ginola, Hyypia, Litmanem, Rush, Cantona, Kubala, Giggs, Weah, Best or Di Stefano didn’t play in one. 

If qualification wasn’t split via continent, then half of the African teams wouldn’t be playing and you’d be getting more teams from Europe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sly said:

I wouldn’t use the World Cup as a barometer of player success. 

Ginola, Hyypia, Litmanem, Rush, Cantona, Kubala, Giggs, Weah, Best or Di Stefano didn’t play in one. 

If qualification wasn’t split via continent, then half of the African teams wouldn’t be playing and you’d be getting more teams from Europe.

He's just making a point to the original poster that the international centre back point doesn't really work when Amartey is as well.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...