Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

He was horribly mismanaged under Rodgers in my opinion.  Rodgers strikes me as a manager who doesnt have win or lose as a team but rather when we lose he blames individuals and then those individuals lose confidence, fall out with him etc.

My comment isnt based on our team alone, but also the former players stories of been frozen out by Rodgers and even been bullied out of clubs just because they had a bad few games.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He was horribly mismanaged under Rodgers in my opinion.  Rodgers strikes me as a manager who doesnt have win or lose as a team but rather when we lose he blames individuals and then those individuals lose confidence, fall out with him etc.

My comment isnt based on our team alone, but also the former players stories of been frozen out by Rodgers and even been bullied out of clubs just because they had a bad few games.

Im not privy to the dynamics on the professional training ground, but i did see bit of the Liverpool documentary where Rodgers made a massive example of a young Raheem Sterling. Rodgers came across as a massive ***t in my opinion, but i presume football is full of these sorts of attitudes. A club like Liverpool can afford to get rid of players the manager dislikes. For Leicester, it can be devastating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Just hope he keeps that mature for a couple of weeks because you do fear the rashness still 

It was still there on Saturday at times. There was one occasion in the first half where he pressed the player like he does and left a huge gap behind him as we no longer have an Ndidi to fill the gaps.

Like you say though, hopefully he keeps this form up for a few weeks as it’s all we need.

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/raheem-sterlings-agent-claims-half-the-liverpool-squad-didnt-rate-brendan-rodgers-313162

Sterling's manager himself stated that Rodgers was a core reason for Sterling leaving Liverpool.

Rodgers is an incredibly destructive force to have at your club, in the same vein as someone like Antonio Conte. The difference is is that instead of having trouble with the board like Conte, Rodgers demoralises and alienates the players whilst staying on the good side of the board. At least with Conte he doesnt end up sticking around long enough to leave the club in tatters like Rodgers has done with us.

This is what I’d heard was going on down there in the end, falling out with players on a weekly basis, alienating them, the coaches (I’m assuming LCFC coaches rather the his own that he brought in) where also getting pissed off with him. 

We’ve spent unnecessarily on Souttar too it seems. Rodger’s pigheadedness alienated our best keeper, our best striker and our best centreback. When you say that out loud it hits home that in truth, our league position does not reflect this squad. We are a top half team and I refuse to believe we will get relegated. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

sustained downturn maybe, he had a rough time of it after the collapse at the end of the season and then Turkeys euros campaign, these things happen, players who are consistent and never have a bad spell don't play for Leicester, they end up at Real Madrid or Man City, that initial slump in his form was not Rodgers fault, the continued mistreatment of him and shattering his confidence was. like his appearances last season weren't his imperious best, Saturday was, and that's the difference between playing for a manager who uses you as a whipping boy Vs a manager who makes you feel like a million quid 

Soyuncu wasn't the only one lots of players seem to have gone backwards under Rodgers and how he could pick Ward instead of Iverson is baffling.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

We’ve spent unnecessarily on Souttar too it seems. Rodger’s pigheadedness alienated our best keeper, our best striker and our best centreback. When you say that out loud it hits home that in truth, our league position does not reflect this squad. We are a top half team and I refuse to believe we will get relegated. 

With Soyuncu leaving on a free at the end of this season I think Souttar could pay off long term if we stay up.

He's been pretty good for us so far, especially considering the situation the club and the defence was when he joined. Next season in a side that's not in crisis I think he'll prove to be a good pick up.

• Like 3

What a Fuching Rock of a Fuching player we need to keep hold of this guy is immense and should be awarded with a new contract, Brendan Fuchup blame everyone else but him Twatterz has ruined our players and season, Cags has shown in 2 games what we’ve been missing in defence all season because Rodgers had a problem  with Cags so Deano, JT & Shakey  come in we look stronger at the back playing with more passion & heart  look like we want to win games for a change !

Rodgers had a problem with the fact he couldn’t take Responsibility for his failings he benched players he should of been playing to improve our chances of winning games but his Ego was bigger than the clubs Premier League’s safety, I just hope now our lads can keep their heads and concentrate & continue to improve and keep our performances to keep winning and keep us from going down which I believe we can and will !!

COME ON YOU FUCHING BLUES LETS GET INTO THEM AND FUCH THEM UP TRY AND WIN EVERY GAME KEEP OUR PREMIER LEAGUE STATUS SAFE AS FUCH !! 💙🦊💙🦊💙

Edited by justfoxes

Been binge-watching Ted Lasso, and the more I watch, the more I'm associating Rodgers with Nate. An over-inflated ego, a real nasty streak and personal grudges hidden behind an awkward facade, without a hint of self-awareness to understand that he was helped to where he was today by some lucky breaks and taking advantage of the good will of naive people around him. :ph34r:

Honestly, I was mentally prepared during the Marsch rumours for our club to become the real-life AFC Richmond while Brendan went to Spurs. Doubt we'd get Zlatan in from under his nose, mind you. lol

I'm just pissing in the wind at this point saying what a disgrace it is that Soyuncu's career was stalled because of one man's ego. It's frankly criminally incompetent for him to have been intentionally sidelined and now set to leave for nothing to a Champions League club. It's been said by almost everyone at this point. Doesn't make it any less true. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

With Soyuncu leaving on a free at the end of this season I think Souttar could pay off long term if we stay up.

He's been pretty good for us so far, especially considering the situation the club and the defence was when he joined. Next season in a side that's not in crisis I think he'll prove to be a good pick up.

About Souttar,

Excellent in aerial combat 

Smart positioning 

Very poor in reflexes.

Not fast enough for quick opposition players or chasing them down.

7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Assuming cags doesn’t now sign a new contact ofcourse 😉 

16 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This is what I’d heard was going on down there in the end, falling out with players on a weekly basis, alienating them, the coaches (I’m assuming LCFC coaches rather the his own that he brought in) where also getting pissed off with him. 

Matt piper has called out Rodgers today.

He said "if Soyuncu was not putting it in as rodgers claimed how is he fit enough to play two full 90 minutes"

Or similar to that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We know what we see with our own eyes;:

CAGS IS FIT

CAGS IS SHARP

CAGS IS STILL HUNGRY TO PLAY

so, if we are to believe Rogers. Why wasn’t  Cags willing to train properly? Personal issues? Confusion? Poor preparation? Whatever it was it needed to be resolved !

can you imagine this kind of drama happening under Vichai’s watch? For this long too while our performances suffer.

he would have been down to the training ground in a heart beat and see first hand wtf is going on and why!

I think Rogers had way too much freedom hence so much drama went under the radar. The board is complicit in this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Matt piper has called out Rodgers today.

He said "if Soyuncu was not putting it in as rodgers claimed how is he fit enough to play two full 90 minutes"

Or similar to that.

EPL management 101:

1. Start Ward for 26 games

2. Don’t play your best defender

3. Prepare for championship football

:brendan_still:

19 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It was still there on Saturday at times. There was one occasion in the first half where he pressed the player like he does and left a huge gap behind him as we no longer have an Ndidi to fill the gaps.

Like you say though, hopefully he keeps this form up for a few weeks as it’s all we need.

Occasions happen up and down the league,why bother chasing shadows..

How many good moments did you notice..! :dunno:

14 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

To allow an international star leave on a free transfer - bad management.

For about the 2000 time, you cannot make players sign contracts, neither can you force them to leave. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

To allow an international star leave on a free transfer - bad management.

Another Leicester recruitment catastrophy..

but all these tails on tittle tattle true,twaddle false come just before a game..

Media timing..

I want Cags to stay,always tried to shine his star,but if he is off,give us 6 games,then

all the best,  to an underrated rescource.