Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Just now, Blue and white said:

We never recovered after that stupid foul he gave away just into stoppage time when we were completely dominant.

Correct needless foul and killed all momentum I said that at the time and game fizzled out, arsenal were looking for any excuse to go down 

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

He did well tonight, well he created the goal which is more than perez managed who was utterly dreadful. I'd start him over perez without doubt if it's between the 2. 

Perez was decent tonight, got in some great positions and showed some neat turns. Whilst we all sometimes see games differently, to say he was utterly dreadful is ridiculously harsh 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Perez was decent tonight, got in some great positions and showed some neat turns. Whilst we all sometimes see games differently, to say he was utterly dreadful is ridiculously harsh 

In the first half he was knocked off the ball with ease every time he had it, killing all momentum, or so it seemed to me, and second half I can't remember noticing him at all. Would start any of our wingers/attackers over him next game after that performance he was our worst offensive player on the pitch I thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He'll only ever be a squad player here, but occasionally he does something worthwhile like the assist tonight. The difference is at the minute we've got 5 subs, rather than 3, so he's getting used more.

Fair play for creating the goal tonight though.

Apart from Iheanacho who obviously started tonight he’s the only player I look at on our bench who could come on and impact the game offensively when we’re losing/drawing. Although that probably  says more about our options rather than his ability 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

In the first half he was knocked off the ball with ease every time he had it, killing all momentum, or so it seemed to me, and second half I can't remember noticing him at all. Would start any of our wingers/attackers over him next game after that performance he was our worst offensive player on the pitch I thought. 

Barnes was abysmal when he came on

Gray is awful. Sorry. Whether he created the goal or not, every dog has his day. I'm fed up of us building up moves for minutes, getting players forward only for Gray to put a terrible inswinger straight into the keepers arms. We can do so much better for an impact sub.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Barnes was abysmal when he came on

Won't disagree with that. I like Barnes but he was terrible when he came on. I'd still start him over perez though as I get the feeling barnes might be able to create or do something, I just don't get that from perez. It's clear we aren't exactly blessed with a wealth or winging talent. 

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Won't disagree with that. I like Barnes but he was terrible when he came on. I'd still start him over perez though as I get the feeling barnes might be able to create or do something, I just don't get that from perez. It's clear we aren't exactly blessed with a wealth or winging talent. 

Well thats the main area we need to invest in this summer window  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Like it or not, he's having much more impact currently than barnes and he cant be worse than albrighton 

He isn’t like. They are about level. Barnes had a bad one tonight. Then claimed two assists against Palace. 

29 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Summed in his sub appearance 

Brilliant assist. 

Four minutes left sticks a cross in the chest of the Arsenal keeper 

Was his left which he caught too well with too much whip, was poor tho

15 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

These games shows how much Pérez isn’t a wide man! He caused much more problems centrally which we all kinda knew anyway! He’s one hell of a frustrating player tho, he’ll do something really good but will finish off trying to much and loses it! Still want to see him more in those central positions, much be difficult playing wide for so long then coming back in the middle.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He isn’t like. They are about level. Barnes had a bad one tonight. Then claimed two assists against Palace. 

I'm not sure about this. Apart from the last game Barnes has been poor for a while whereas Gray has actually been quite good on a number of occasions. I think potential wise yes Barnes has abundance, but does he fulfil it? Who knows! 

You have to give credit where credit is due. Gray made a huge difference when he came on. Looked lively and created things. 

37 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Like it or not, he's having much more impact currently than barnes and he cant be worse than albrighton 

Is he? While I agree Barnes was poor tonight he literally got two assists just last game as a sub.

Barnes and Gray are both decent players that have good and bad games, and usually have better impact against tiring defences so I think Rodgers is right to just hope one of them comes on and does something brilliant.

The only thing both of them show is that we are desperate for a new winger that is more consistent.