Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

26 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I managed to use a sample size once (3 days) which suggested my company turns over £90,520,000

In reality; the final annual figure will be roughly 2 percent of that.

Some people will understand what I'm saying, but I do rather worry it will be lost on others.

I read that as 'I have three days where I made a total of around a grand, but my annual turnover will be about double that' 

What I think you are saying is 'can someone send me a link to the DS01 form' 

Its a shame that this guy gets continually criticised after every time he plays even when its a positive contribution. 

Since the restart, he's played decent when he's been called upon and helped the team with real good work rate and no sulking, good attitude in my book.

Is he the answer longer term? Probably not.

If we dont get a good offer for him then I'd absolutely keep him as a squad player to bring off the bench

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nick said:

I think Gray and Barnes right now are our bench utility fwds. Both young, both can play wide or as a support striker. For me we keep them both. Perez similarly.

What we need to do is replace our starting fwd/wide wingers which Barnes isn’t quite that yet - I’m beginning to wonder if we should move Albrighton on this summer (I know) and replace with a starting first choice wide man.

All our forwards seem to be able to play wide or 10 - even Madders. Just not 9. Wonder if Brendan sees a 4-1-4-1 with the second bank of four being able to overlap and play anywhere within it or a 4123 with four of the top five players capable of playing every role - maybe five watching Vards last night...

He will always want 3 at back

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

I read that as 'I have three days where I made a total of around a grand, but my annual turnover will be about double that' 

What I think you are saying is 'can someone send me a link to the DS01 form' 

Its an interesting take, I'll give you that.

14 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

Loan to Villa for next season. He lives local and would do well there.

Bloody hell, is the aim to find him a fanbase who'd be even more on his back than ours aat any opportunity? lol

I mean, it's not like he's a product of Birmingham City or anything...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

I love how you could see what that goal ment to Grey. As a fan, this says to me he cares not only about the club, and is desperate to win his place in this side. Was a lovely finish to btw. 

I agree, every time he has scored you can see it means the world to him. He really is a confidence player and has really struggled with this. I actually think we should keep him and use as an impact sub. He is frustrating as he clearly has pace and talent. Maybe the club need a sports psychologist for the youngsters as a few are confidence players and have been effected by pressure.

• Like 1

We have European football next season, we will need to use the squad. Gray needs to perform when he gets the chance, but he also needs chances to perform.

We need to have options next season and if Gray can be relied upon to start against the lower league teams and have an impact and come on as a sub when we need to close out a game then great, we need that in our squad.

At the moment our squad lacks depth and Gray isn't going to be the answer to that problem, but he can be part of the solution.

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It's taken 4 years but I think we've realised what Gray's role is. In basketball you get players who's sole purpose is to make a difference from the bench, so why should that be any different in football?

For his game to progress he needs to be a regular starter, he's not going to get that here. 

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

We have European football next season, we will need to use the squad. Gray needs to perform when he gets the chance, but he also needs chances to perform.

We need to have options next season and if Gray can be relied upon to start against the lower league teams and have an impact and come on as a sub when we need to close out a game then great, we need that in our squad.

At the moment our squad lacks depth and Gray isn't going to be the answer to that problem, but he can be part of the solution.

Perfectly put (especially the last sentence). 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It's taken 4 years but I think we've realised what Gray's role is. In basketball you get players who's sole purpose is to make a difference from the bench, so why should that be any different in football?

David Fairclough - the original supersub. Definitely impact substitution can be a speciality but young football players wish to graduate beyond that and feature in the starting VI. 

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

David Fairclough - the original supersub. Definitely impact substitution can be a speciality but young football players wish to graduate beyond that and feature in the starting VI. 

6? Is he playing volleyball?

17 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Apropos of not very much but he's constantly retweeting one of those for profit pastors from America. Weird behaviour that. 

Really that is an instructive observation … Demarai truly does behave as though he thinks he is part of something bigger than himself.  Even though he once appeared to be the epitome of the selfish player!  I was sure his decision making was beyond coaching.  I was wrong.  In retrospect, young attacking players who keep their heads down and shoot first, last and always are common as the grass.

Not sure his future is here, but lately he is passing the eye test and acing statistics.  Some PL side is going to give him a very good contract.  Happy if he stays … we have European football and need to cut deadwood, not rapidly improving 24 year olds.

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Really that is an instructive observation … Demarai truly does behave as though he thinks he is part of something bigger than himself.  

Good luck to the guy if he's getting the solace he needs. 

Edited by foxile5

Just now, foxile5 said:

Maybe I'd be inclined to agree if it were just religion. But those for profit pastors are beyond stupid to follow aren't they? They're scam artists of the highest order. 

Not for me. But happy days for him I guess. 

Yeah, salvation-for-cash is a vile racket.  I don't read Demarai's (or any footballer's) tweets ... was just thinking that if faith in something bigger is part of what makes him tick, it's been a force for positive change in a lot of people.  And helps me move on from seeing him as an overly selfish player.

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He's got the talent just needs the right coaching which looks like he is.. there is a player in there needs more game time though in the first team ..

Sterling was shit until Pep got the best out of him.

20 years old, 50m move

7 goals 7 assists in his last LFC season

95 games played at 20 18 goals in total....

well shit

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1