Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

24 minutes ago, majaco said:

It would be good if he could use his pace more.  Some very good coaches have not helped him develop as he might have.

I still want him to become  wonderful player but it's hard to see.

Did well today.  When he put on the burners and won an Impossible ball, it was a good moment.  His goal was a better moment.

He just doesn't have the skill set or quality as much as we'd like him to. Lacks ball control, poor weaker foot, lacks strength, lacks speed of thought, poor vision (unless going to the furthest man on far side, can't do that every time) and in top of that does not have a good head on his shoulders. He does have speed and quick feet and good technique (on one foot) but it's not enough. Still plays like he is a raw 19 year old, he just hasn't developed at all. He's not where he should be and I don't think he ever will be. Don't let a goal tonight mask that 

He’s been better than Barnes since the restart. Had a positive impact whenever he’s cane off the bench. Sealed the win tonight, an assist at Arsenal, played a big part in the Watford goal. We’d all like to him to realise his potential of course. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Always glad to call it how it is.  How about goals and assists?  We can all agree on those.  Among PL players with 500’ played, Gray is in the top 25 in goals plus assists per 90 minutes (behind only Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes in our squad).

One advanced stat I find interesting is Goal Creating Actions (dribbles, passes, shots and fouls drawn that lead to a goal).  Our “Championship player” Demarai is fifth in the Premier League in Goal Creating Actions per 90'.

GCA.thumb.JPG.14789dcdbfb49d2bc556b2b32d41272e.JPG

Players develop despite some fans’ desires for them to stick to their narratives (“lazy”, “no footballing brain”).  I myself thought Gray was done here at the end of last season.  But I’m thrilled to see him improve.  As an impact sub he is today quite valuable -- he wins games for us.

I will agree the part in bold is true. He lacks an all around game for me, but, can't deny his impact. Maybe that's what the future holds for him, impact sub. He dies undeniably offer something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katy said:

Dimi did in 2 minutes what Barnes couldn’t do for most of the game. 

I’ll give him that. But it’s a shame those types of performances come once in a blue moon for him 

Edited by FLAN

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Knew this thread would get bumped cos he scored. If Barnes had Gray's finishing he'd be quite some player. Gray himself - does some things well but on the whole a Championship level player let's call it how it is.

His finishing?  Didn’t Maguire score not or the same goals in less games?

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Always glad to call it how it is.  How about goals and assists?  We can all agree on those.  Among PL players with 500’ played, Gray is in the top 25 in goals plus assists per 90 minutes (behind only Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes in our squad).

One advanced stat I find interesting is Goal Creating Actions (dribbles, passes, shots and fouls drawn that lead to a goal).  Our “Championship player” Demarai is fifth in the Premier League in Goal Creating Actions per 90'.

Players develop despite some fans’ desires for them to stick to their narratives (“lazy”, “no footballing brain”).  I myself thought Gray was done here at the end of last season.  But I’m thrilled to see him improve.  As an impact sub he is today quite valuable -- he wins games for us.

I’m sure when you tend to play later in games with Fresh legs against a tiring opposition it can bump up stats like these. Would love to see it when starting games 

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Small sample size though. Last season where he started 23 games his G + A p90 was 0.22, he's certainly been better this season but he's not really played any significant amount of time. 

112891058_Screenshot2020-07-17at01_56_14.thumb.png.1f8f56b23957f0fe18f1bf7bdd9d16ba.png

Those stats are from this season and last season, shows that his work rate has improved massively but his general offensive play is average at best or really poor. He's fine as an impact sub but I really can't be arsed for the cycle of him impressing as a sub, starting, being shit and getting dropped. His contract is running out soon-is and if we can get a reasonable fee I'd be looking to sell.

• Like 2

He's a good lad and ran his socks off today from the get go. Gave it everything and what calm cool collected goal that was from a very difficult angle. I hope Barn-door was watching! That kid really needs to finish his chances. so bloody frustrating but good play otherwise.

Big decision needed on his future when the season finishes, really we will either have to sell him on or renew his contract as he only has 1 year left and I can't imagine they will let him walk for free next year

I think when he's been on the pitch since football returned he's done well. He's actually got two assists and a goal which is really good going tbf. I said after the arsenal game he should get more game time, as he's showing himself to be a more composed, less erratic and more of a team player. 

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Small sample size though. Last season where he started 23 games his G + A p90 was 0.22, he's certainly been better this season but he's not really played any significant amount of time. 

112891058_Screenshot2020-07-17at01_56_14.thumb.png.1f8f56b23957f0fe18f1bf7bdd9d16ba.png

Those stats are from this season and last season, shows that his work rate has improved massively but his general offensive play is average at best or really poor. He's fine as an impact sub but I really can't be arsed for the cycle of him impressing as a sub, starting, being shit and getting dropped. His contract is running out soon-is and if we can get a reasonable fee I'd be looking to sell.

I could have told you without looking that if you include his stats from last year they would have been poor. He wasnt very good that year in a generally lacking side going forward, but we move on and he's already got more g+a than that year.

I managed to use a sample size once (3 days) which suggested my company turns over £90,520,000

In reality; the final annual figure will be roughly 2 percent of that.

Some people will understand what I'm saying, but I do rather worry it will be lost on others.

• Like 2

I think Gray and Barnes right now are our bench utility fwds. Both young, both can play wide or as a support striker. For me we keep them both. Perez similarly.

What we need to do is replace our starting fwd/wide wingers which Barnes isn’t quite that yet - I’m beginning to wonder if we should move Albrighton on this summer (I know) and replace with a starting first choice wide man.

All our forwards seem to be able to play wide or 10 - even Madders. Just not 9. Wonder if Brendan sees a 4-1-4-1 with the second bank of four being able to overlap and play anywhere within it or a 4123 with four of the top five players capable of playing every role - maybe five watching Vards last night...