Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The difference is Gray is 24 years old in his 5th season in the EPL. Barnes is 22 in his second season in the EPL.

Or, more damningly, Gray is in his 4th full PL season whilst Barnes is in his 1st full PL season - and close to cracking 15 G+A, whilst Gray is on just 5.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He isn’t like. They are about level. Barnes had a bad one tonight. Then claimed two assists against Palace. 

Barnes is better, purely because he gets actual goals and assists more frequently than Gray. Other parts of his game are still raw but he at least knows where the goal is, and has better vision and better ability to execute that vision, regardless of Gray's last two assists.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure about this. Apart from the last game Barnes has been poor for a while whereas Gray has actually been quite good on a number of occasions. I think potential wise yes Barnes has abundance, but does he fulfil it? Who knows! 

You have to give credit where credit is due. Gray made a huge difference when he came on. Looked lively and created things. 

The stats say with Barnes and Gray have set up the same amount of goals post restart 

43 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The stats say with Barnes and Gray have set up the same amount of goals post restart 

That's a fair stat to use when Barnes has had way more minutes since restart? Shouldn't we look at assists per minute? 

Edited by hejammy

Credit where it's due, it was a great cross for the ball.

Doesn't change my opinion on him though, miles off being good enough as an impact sub if we're chasing top 6 let alone top 4. That was his 75th sub appearance or something like that and you can count on 1 hand how many times he's genuinely changed a game (for the better).

Liiiitle fun fact

Gray has the same amount of assists as Maddison, in way less minutes so maybe let's cut him some slack

Brendan worked wonders on Iheanacho and I can see him doing same for Gray

• Like 2

Gray as an impact player works, there's been a number of games this season where he has shown this (Burnley at home, Watford and Arsenal away) plus others, however he has also shown that almost every start this season in the league and cup he has been anonymous. Hopefully he can maintain his importance from the bench as we need every bit of help we can get in these last 4 games.

• Like 3

Lovely assist. Just infuriating that he had about 7 opportunities to do the same and he went backwards, put it down the keepers throat or passed the ball out of play every other time. 

I swear he's on the wind up.

He is what he is - a decent squad player. He's not a starter. Barnes is, and Barnes has missed some truly awful sitters this season (Chelsea at home for example).  

Keepbhim. Unless we get a £12-15m offer from the likes of Palace or Bournemouth (like Schlupp). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barnes is better, purely because he gets actual goals and assists more frequently than Gray. Other parts of his game are still raw but he at least knows where the goal is, and has better vision and better ability to execute that vision, regardless of Gray's last two assists.

There's is actually very little between them this season in this regard.

Barnes' Goals and Assists per 90 minutes = 0.67

Gray's Goals and Assists per 90 minutes = 0.66

Both have been more productive than Perez (0.56 per 90) and Albrighton (0.35 per 90).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach

Both Gray and Barnes looking more useful as impact players right now , the difference for me is that Barnes will become a top class player and Gray will not. Gray is a championship player and that is where he will get the most game time.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There's is actually very little between them this season in this regard.

Barnes' Goals and Assists per 90 minutes = 0.67

Gray's Goals and Assists per 90 minutes = 0.66

Both have been more productive than Perez (0.56 per 90) and Albrighton (0.35 per 90).

Looks even better for Gray if you count that cross against burnley that brushed against Barnes's leg as a Gray assist, which i think it should as barnes didnt change the direction of the ball. Say what you want about gray as a starter but his ability to make a pass is leagues better than any of our other wingers, it's just his decision making that lets him down. 

• Like 2

I think we just have to keep using him as an impact sub. He only ever looks good off the bench. Imporantly though he's played a part in turning both the Watford and Arsenal games in our favour, so respect for that.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think we just have to keep using him as an impact sub. He only ever looks good off the bench. Imporantly though he's played a part in turning both the Watford and Arsenal games in our favour, so respect for that.

that's coz the game is stretchered an the defenders are tired.

31 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree, although I was screaming for him to make some off-the-ball runs. So many times one of our players was carrying the ball and Gray was just waiting for a pass into his feet. I want to see him run in behind and into space. He really needs to add that to his game.

I've always likes Dimi's style of play but he when you watch him start games he always seems scared being further up the pitch iff everyone around him isnt there holding his hand. I think that's why he thrives as an impact sub.

I said when he set up the goal that it may turn out to be worth his transfer fee alone. If we make the champions league by 1 point, I will forever see him as a good signing. Probably his most valuable contribution to this team and yet the majority of our fans still refuse to give him praise for it. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I said when he set up the goal that it may turn out to be worth his transfer fee alone. If we make the champions league by 1 point, I will forever see him as a good signing. Probably his most valuable contribution to this team and yet the majority of our fans still refuse to give him praise for it. 

Didn't he cost us about 3.5 million pounds? No matter what anyones opinion of Gray's end product, surely we can all agree we've at least got our money's worth for such a low fee. We've probably spent more than that on clappers. lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Didn't he cost us about 3.5 million pounds? No matter what anyones opinion of Gray's end product, surely we can all agree we've at least got our money's worth for such a low fee. We've probably spent more than that on clappers. lol

okay well worth his and Ghezzals lol

25 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

You get 3 or 4 Grays to the Ghezzal, thats not a bad conversion rate. Only a 10th of a Slimani too lol Christ, we've wasted some big cash on shite.

Not to mention 6 Musa's. Or as he's more commonly known Schlupp without  ability 

• Haha 1