Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There's is actually very little between them this season in this regard.

Barnes' Goals and Assists per 90 minutes = 0.67

Gray's Goals and Assists per 90 minutes = 0.66

Both have been more productive than Perez (0.56 per 90) and Albrighton (0.35 per 90).

This is the point! For some fans Gray is the worst player we have ever seen and Barnes is the messiah, even though this stat suggests there isn't much between them. If anyone can see what the stats are since restart that could be interesting. One of those really that Dimi isn't a "fans" favourite and Barnes is the local lad who can "do no wrong". It's a bit unfair and unjust really. 

Barnes is a lot earlier into his time here than Gray is and without double checking I'm sure he's not far off Gray's total for goals and assists so I think that's why Barnes gets a bit more leeway - granted Barnes was full of awful errors yesterday.

Gray will forever frustrate I feel but he actually does look alright off the bench every now and then so I'd just keep him there really, harsh as it may seem, because I cannot remember his last good performance from the start.

That was a really good ball for Vardy yesterday.

Gray needs a loan I think his decison making is bad due to confidence issues. I think once he gets his confidence back by playing for a championship team where he can score for fun he will be able to make the step up. He has the ability if he didn't we would have sold him when bournemouth came in for him like we did with schlupp.

Edited by Fightforever

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Gray needs a loan I think his decison making is bad due to confidence issues. I think once he gets his confidence back by playing for a championship team where he can score for fun he will be able to make the step up. He has the ability if he didn't we would have sold him when bournemouth came in for him like we did with schlupp.

he would never agree to a loan to a lower league, and even if he did we would end up covering half his wages! he will either stay and be happy being used as an impact sub/cover or will be pushing for a move. If palace sell Zaha, i think he could well end up there and if they offered us anywhere north of £10M i would take it, providing we have enough in the kitty to splash out on a quality wide man.

4 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I can lend him a tenner....

4 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I think they should of sent him out on loan a couple of years ago. He will probably end up moving on permanently at the end of the season.

What gray needs is a drop down championship, get a game every week as his career has stalled here, as he needed to play 90 minutes in the important part of his development.

If we are all honest gray has been given enough chances here, under numerous managers, and he’s  just not for filling his early promise, he needs to move and rebuild his career, as we need quality not quantity.

Definitely a player in there, somewhere. Sometimes he looks brilliant when running with the ball. Sometimes just a bit meh. Frustrating but still time to make a good career somewhere, sadly probably not with us. 

He’s been here a while now under several managers and hasn’t really improved . But and it’s a big but since lockdown  and to give him his due he’s looked like he’s Starting to cause problems coming off the bench . The question is, is it too little to late . The lads still only 24 we got him pretty cheap .I wouldn’t have him as a starter but sub or cup games maybe . I’d be tempted to give him another 6 months to a year then go from there it seems stupid to get rid when he just started to look  a little better . 

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Knew this thread would get bumped cos he scored. If Barnes had Gray's finishing he'd be quite some player. Gray himself - does some things well but on the whole a Championship level player let's call it how it is.

Championship player who has 2 goals 3 assists (4 if you count the cross against burnley that nicked barnes on the way) in 500 PL minutes. Lay off him he's clearly got quality but it's been hard for him as a young player who's had half the club's fanbase on him for the last 4 years.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Knew this thread would get bumped cos he scored. If Barnes had Gray's finishing he'd be quite some player. Gray himself - does some things well but on the whole a Championship level player let's call it how it is.

Gray's finishing? It's not always the best...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Lol I don't understand this. Gray comes on and does what we're shouting for Barnes to do but somehow someone begrudges Gray but praises golden boy Barnes. :nigel:

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Lol I don't understand this. Gray comes on and does what we're shouting for Barnes to do but somehow someone begrudges Gray but praises golden boy Barnes. :nigel:

He just can't win I tells ya. In the match thread people were criticising his first touch after the goal. (Which wasn't perfect I admit - but there's a time and a place ffs)

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2

It would be good if he could use his pace more.  Some very good coaches have not helped him develop as he might have.

I still want him to become  wonderful player but it's hard to see.

Did well today.  When he put on the burners and won an Impossible ball, it was a good moment.  His goal was a better moment.