Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

3 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Anything's possible. But to think that we will play them off the park, like some are implying, is delusional.

Must have missed those comments about “playing them off the park”.

I just think the many of the overly negative comments are unwarranted and the game will be more closely contested than some of the sentiments expressed on here. However, Chelsea has actually played well in both defeats (the Super Cup is of course technically a draw) and now desperately need to win to avoid early pressure on Lampard, and Lampard’s competitive home debut would be ideal. Accordingly, wouldn’t be surprised if they ultimately edged it but it will be keenly contested.

Edited by NaijaFox

10 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Must have missed those comments about “playing them off the park”.

I just think the many of the overly negative comments are unwarranted and the game will be more closely contested than some of the sentiments expressed on here. However, Chelsea has actually played well in both defeats (the Super Cup is if course technically a draw) and now desperately need to win to avoid early pressure on Lampard, and Lampard’s competitive home debut would be ideal. Accordingly, wouldn’t be surprised if they ultimately edged it but it will be keenly contested.

You certainly did.

It will be a tough game for both teams.

11 hours ago, Goober said:

Been quite impressed with these this season. Midfield is top 3 in the league for me, slightly let down by their options up top and at the back but they're still a very good side. Anything we get here is a bonus so I'm looking forward to it.

Kante (who virtually had no preseason) made ALL the difference on Wednesday. The midfield was not terribly impressive against Man Utd. 

Edited by NaijaFox

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Kanye (who virtually had no preseason) made ALL the difference on Wednesday. The midfield was not terribly impressive against Man Utd. 

They dominated large periods of that game then collapsed. If you think they're not up to much then fair enough but for me they're very much a quality outfit 

7 hours ago, Goober said:

They dominated large periods of that game then collapsed. If you think they're not up to much then fair enough but for me they're very much a quality outfit 

See one of my comments above to the effect that they played well against Man Utd. Nonetheless, their midfield was still single-handedly dominated in the second-half of that game by Pogba. Against Liverpool on Wednesday, Kante did not put a foot wrong and won, retrieved, harried and passed the midfield to a different level. Without him, Chelsea has a good/solid midfield (like Wolves). With him, they have a top 3 midfield. Add Kante to our midfield and it’ll be better than Chelsea’s.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, Goober said:

They've played 2 and looked good in both?

You're talking about them being top 3 in the league for midfield, they have only played 1 league match and lost that by 4 goals. I don't know what you've based your statement on but it's can't be how they've performed so far this season when they've not even won a match. 

Edited by nwl fox

6 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

You're talking about them being top 3 in the league for midfield, they have only played 1 league match and lost that by 4 goals. I don't know what you've based your statement on but it's can't be how they've performed so far this season when they've not even won a match. 

Because their midfield is full of quality players who have proven themselves over a number of years. I've watched them twice and they've looked good for long periods in both games. I'm not sure what's so confusing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

for a start they have the best DM currently playing in world football backed up by solid international players. I would have thought that was enough to start with. OK so they got off to bad start but that will mean nothing come next May. That said I do think they are the most likely to struggle to maintain top 4 due to the loss of Hazard

Kasper

ric   Evans   Soy  ben    

marc  Youri  mads/praet  barnes 

Perez

Vardy

Gona need to break fast to have any hope, thought we lost the edge in the final third against wolves. Perez in the okazaki role to harry zouma/christensen, youri and Maddison to get the ball moving quick, although I wouldn’t mind seeing praet instead, thought Maddison was average last weekend.

Edited by Clarkey123

8 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Kasper

ric   Evans   Soy  ben    

Perez

Vardy

It would take a very brave manager to pick that team at home against a champions league side let alone for an away game. Let us not forget that they have Kante who is still one of the best players in the world. Kante vs Madders in central midfield is an epic mismatch.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Kasper

ric   Evans   Soy  ben    

Perez

Vardy

Gona need to break fast to have any hope, thought we lost the edge in the final third against wolves. Perez in the okazaki role to harry zouma/christensen, youri and Maddison to get the ball moving quick, although I wouldn’t mind seeing praet instead, thought Maddison was average last weekend.

Not going to happen. It will be a surprise if we only had one DM, never mind none.

3 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

People suggesting Maddison could be dropped after one average game but would select Albrighton. Wow.

I wouldn't drop him based on his Wolves performance (I think that would be unfair) but because I don't think this is the right game to use him in. We will play probably play two DM's + Youri which means Maddison is likely end to end up out on the left again which isn't his best position. I would prefer Barnes' extra bit of pace in that role as Utd showed that this could be a big weakness in this Chelsea side.

• Like 2

After a successful prediction last week - I'll go 2-1 Chelsea

Tight first half where Wilf, Hamza and NG don't allow the ball to leave the centre circle. Vardy gets booked when charging thirty yards to forcefully win the ball of NG. 

Second half. Soyuncu slips on his arse and Abrahams scores. Vardy tap-ins after Ricky rips up the right wing. Then Barkley scores a winner which deflects of Giroud's hand into the top corner over Kasper 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Kasper

ric   Evans   Soy  ben    

Perez

Vardy

This team would be fine as long as we never, ever lose posession

After we score, I'd be worried about getting the ball back after they kick off  

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

After a successful prediction last week - I'll go 2-1 Chelsea

Tight first half where Wilf, Hamza and NG don't allow the ball to leave the centre circle. Vardy gets booked when charging thirty yards to forcefully win the ball of NG. 

Second half. Soyuncu slips on his arse and Abrahams scores. Vardy tap-ins after Ricky rips up the right wing. Then Barkley scores a winner which deflects of Giroud's hand into the top corner over Kasper 

Would be disallowed under VAR so no worries there

• Like 1
  • Haha 2