Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

21 hours ago, norwichfox said:

We got "stuff all and a bit" out of Vardy (very reminiscent of the supply to him under Puel) on Sunday, and I didn't notice any "press" if you mean high press. We didn't concede thanks to VAR versus Wolves, and frankly we never looked like scoring. Just hope for better soon....bloody soon if its destination Europe. I wasn't fully convinced that Rodgers was the right option and  I still hold that opinion.

I would rather not see us having to change managers any time soon though.

Sounds like you think we were fortunate to not concede a goal that was rightly chalked off

1 hour ago, Rasmic123 said:

Sounds like you think we were fortunate to not concede a goal that was rightly chalked off

my words..." We didn't concede thanks to VAR versus Wolves," i.e. we had conceded until VAR reversed that decision, I never mentioned fortunate at all...and I stand by my "and frankly we never looked like scoring". Interpret it how you want Rasmic, just don't put fcuking words in my mouth.

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

my words..." We didn't concede thanks to VAR versus Wolves," i.e. we had conceded until VAR reversed that decision, I never mentioned fortunate at all...and I stand by my "and frankly we never looked like scoring". Interpret it how you want Rasmic, just don't put fcuking words in my mouth.

What about when the ball went through Vardys legs from about a yard out? Pretty sure we looked like we could score then

It’d be really nice not to get dicked tomorrow and end up in 16th.

If we do, so be it but I hope we put a formation out that gives it a go - then I’ll be sound with it. Saying that we did them at their place last year playing two DCM’s but we’ll need a bit of luck. In Brendan I err trust.

On 16/08/2019 at 13:52, Cardiff_Fox said:

After a successful prediction last week - I'll go 2-1 Chelsea

Tight first half where Wilf, Hamza and NG don't allow the ball to leave the centre circle. Vardy gets booked when charging thirty yards to forcefully win the ball of NG. 

Second half. Soyuncu slips on his arse and Abrahams scores. Vardy tap-ins after Ricky rips up the right wing. Then Barkley scores a winner which deflects of Giroud's hand into the top corner over Kasper 

Wud get disallowed by VAR 1:1

I'd go with...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Choudhury - Ndidi - Tielemans 

Perez/Albrighton - Vardy - Barnes

Two CDM's again for me, it will look negative to some but we played Ndidi and Choudhury together against Chelsea twice last season and picked up four points. They give us better security defensively and I think they'll both be needed tomorrow for our pressing game. The big selection comes with our front three, only way I see us playing effectively is to press Chelsea in midfield and hit them with pace like Man Utd did last week, their defence can be got at. That means Barnes needs to come in over Maddison and potentially Albrighton needs to start too. 

As for Chelsea they'll be looking for a reaction, a lot of their players have to step up to the plate though. They are a much weaker side without Hazard, they don't have a top quality striker, Pedro and Willian aren't as good as they were a few season's back, apart from Kante their midfield didn't look all that great last season and they have frailties in defence.

We can get something from this game but it all depends on Rodgers' team selection, I'll go with 1-1.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2019 at 18:24, Ashley said:

I'll be happy with a draw. They should be knackered after Extra Time and Penalties in Turkey though. 

Potential win... maybe :dunno:

Should have been a similar case with wolves last week after their travels but if anything they were unlucky not to win.

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

A difficult game to call with little to go on as guidance.  A point away from home is always a good result but a win would boost moral among Fans and Players greatly.

Provided we can keep Willan and Pedro quiet a special strike from Youri will do it but I'd take a draw now.

We should be beating these in their current form. If we're serious about top 6, gunning for draws is going to leave us short. 

I'm disappointed we were so defensevily stacked against Wolves and I think I'd be disappointed again if we did the same today. A point at home last week needs to be made up for today. 

Chelsea are there for the taking, go out and hit them with Vardy and Perez up top pressing their back line.  Youri and Hamza can deal with their midfield. 

Barnes and Albrighton need to play today. They both looked so much more threatening when they came on. 

4-4-2

Kasper

Ricardo soy.     Evans chilly

------------------Hamza----------------

Albrighton  Youri     Barnes 

Perez.  Vardy

Attack Chelsea and we will win, not as good at flooding their defence as Wolves were....

As much as I think Choudhury deserves his place it’s Ndidi for me today, same back 4 with Kasper of course, Tielemans & Maddison in the centre, Barnes left (still not sure he works well with Chilwell though) Perez on the right with Vardy up top. Maddison mustn’t start wide again as it ruins Chilwells game, Ricardo plays well in whatever set up.....

Come on our team, if we are to push for top 6/4 we have to beat a Chelsea side in transition and hopefully a bit weary after the Super Cup final...

Up the City... :scarf:

• Like 2