Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

10 hours ago, reynard said:

Agree with pretty much all this. Kante looked excellent last night and they looked miles ahead of us as a team. The problem this season is that the pressure on us to do well is different from the pressure on us just to survive. How our young players respond to this will be key. The top 6 looks as far away as ever just now.

Whilst Leicester could well lose it is ridiculous to expect it. We are stronger and Chelsea weaker. They failed to score against us  last season we won there under Puel so I would say any normal Leicester fan would fancy our chances plus their 4-0 defeat at Man U Aand playing 120 minutes last night.

1 minute ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Whilst Leicester could well lose it is ridiculous to expect it. We are stronger and Chelsea weaker. They failed to score against us  last season we won there under Puel so I would say any normal Leicester fan would fancy our chances plus their 4-0 defeat at Man U Aand playing 120 minutes last night.

Really struggling to make a prediction for this. No result would surprise me (within reason). We probably won't be getting anything if we play like we did against Wolves. Chelsea won't be parking the bus, though, so I expect Vardy will be much more involved.

We might finish the game better than them having not played 120 mins in Turkey last night, but it might not be much of a factor.

The match will suit us more than the last one, but Chelsea are a better side than Wolves.

Based on nothing, I'll say 2-1 win, without playing particularly well. A bit of a robbery.

45 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Since Azpi’s been captain tho I think it’s made him worse, maybe it’s the burden but he just seems angry and shouts at everyone rather than focus on his job, he’s a good player so don’t see why he doesn’t just lead by example. 

What’s the ‘burden’ of being a captain - leading the team out and  being present at the coin toss

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Their defence really isn't great at all. Zouma and Christiensen can be got at. Azpelicueta has been a good defender for Chelsea and the league in general though.

My hope is that Rüdiger doesn't play. If we get enough pace and movement in the last third, their defense won't be able to cope with it.

Azpi is starting to age and it shows. Martial should never have scored the 2nd for United.

Problem is Kanté.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue Ed said:

I wonder if BR will play the same starting line up against Chelsea. Unpopular here if he does but he might think get 2 clean sheets in the first two games could set us up for the season.

Not sure that 38 points (38 x 0-0) will be enough to keep us up

They are going to be keen for the win and Lampard is under pressure already. Certainly going to leave some gaps so I would definitely get Barnes in for pace on the counter and to offer a bit of width. I wouldn't play two defensive CM though. I would let Ndidi just sit and the others be allowed to express themselves a bit. I would drop Perez for Albrighton, again for a bit more width. We were too defensive v Wolves and I think Rodgers got that wrong. 

Kasper

Ricardo    Evans    Soyuncu     Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi

Albrighton  Maddison Barnes

Vardy       

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Justin, Praet, Choudhury, Perez, Iheanacho 

I'm confident we can get something out of this game. Chelsea looked poor at times defensively, and they will be playing a higher line than Wolves did, which will will suit Vardy. The only concern I have is containing their wingers. We like to push our fullbacks high, which could be costly against quick wingers like Pedro, Pulisic and Willian. 

An okay United team made them look mediocre last weekend. Add to that the travelling to Istanbul, and playing a tiring game out there.

Look we were poor last week, but I think this Chelsea side are average. No hazard for that spark and no David Luiz or rudiger to martial the defence.

We have more going for us then them I feel, so if we turn up we will get a result.

Although below their recent levels, Chelsea are still a class act and we'll have to be pretty much near our best to beat them. 

I fear a Lampard homecoming love in and I might have to hide under my pink hat. 

Know too many Chelsea fans to even contemplate a heavy defeat. 

But you never know, get into them from the off👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Come on now!! 

Pull yourself together. 

I can't see them losing 3 in a row.  Particularly when they were well in the games and looked the better side for long spells.  They've had some misfortune.  I think we'll be on the receiving end of the backlash good and proper come Sunday.

On 12/08/2019 at 09:29, Nicolo Barella said:

That Diamond/shit 4-3-3 really didn't work out. No width at all. It's not fair to expect Chilwell to hold down the entire left flank, providing offensive width and covering for Soyuncu (Ricardo can do it but he's one of the best RBs in the world). I wouldn't mind if we started with Hamza/Ndidi in midfield again (worked a charm last year against big teams) but Maddison can't start on the wing. Has to be Albrighton or Barnes. 

Agreed 👍 

Chelsea certainly look a threat from what I've seen so far (yes, even in the 4-0 loss!) but I always think these teams like Chelski, Man City, Liverpool etc all look great when i see them play, but we always seem to up our game and pretty much match them on the day when we play them.

The Wolves game was a mixed bag for a number of reasons, whereas I think this game we will really get to see a lot more from us (good or bad!). I'm really excited to see how the boys do and I think it will really give us a good indication of where we are at.

It will be a very tough game, especially up against the three Kante's they have in the middle but I really think we will step it up and it will be a close contest! 2-1 WIN!

Been quite impressed with these this season. Midfield is top 3 in the league for me, slightly let down by their options up top and at the back but they're still a very good side. Anything we get here is a bonus so I'm looking forward to it.