Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

13 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Our FBs and Ndidi will have a tough day at SB. Emerson, Pulisic and Pedro are a handful, pacey and tricky and their midfield is class with Kanté running the show. Their real weakness is obviously the CBs, neither Zouma or Christensen gave a reassuring impression, although the former was much better in Istanbul than at OT (which wasn't a great feat). They're also vulnerable on the counter with their high line defense, as well as on set-pieces, and marauding FBs and lack bench depth. Giroud can give us a headache with his aerial ability and his holding play but Abraham while blessed with pace is wasteful.

I don't think Ndidi left alone with the dirty job and think that Choudhury will be starting again unless we put Pérez behind Vardy. We absolutely need width against this lot. I'd go:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilwell

Ndidi

Choudhury  Tielemans

Albrighton Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

or

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilwell

Ndidi    Tielemans  

Albrighton   Perez     Barnes

Vardy

Don't know if Praet is ready though, but I can't see a diamond away against Chelsea.

Not sure we can sneak the 12th player on in the first formation mate  :ph34r:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Damn copy paste. Would have been ideal though.

Agree with you though. 

I think we need wingers to pin back their full backs and wingers who seem to be the most dangerous players for them. 

But I also think we need energy in midfield; I'd almost be tempted to go Ndidi, Hamza and YT/JM. With those 3 we may lose some creativity, but sure as hell have ability to win the ball back and hassle the midfield trio. 

Id be in 2 minds as to whether to Barnes and Perez under instruction to stay wide. Or go for JM with one of the two and utilise the gaps that appear in and around the back line 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Master Fox said:

If you take N’golo out of their team they’d be relegated. They have a lot to thank us for. God I hope we thrash them. 

No they would not, this has got to be the most stupid comment i have read on here, 

(and there’s been a few) 😂 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

We need to get back to the traditions of Association Football....

Leicester:

Schmeichel

Justin                                                                    Chilwell

Soyuncu       Morgan       Evans

Gray       Tielemans         Vardy        Maddison      Albrighton

Sub (for injured player): Ward 

Chelsea:

Arrizabalaga

Rudiger                                                               Alonso

Christensen    Jorginho      A.N. Other

Kante      Barclay       Abraham      Willian       Pedro
Sub (for injured player) Loftus-Cheek

It's a bit like looking on the School notice board in the 60's to see if your "in" :) At last a formation I understand, every kid standing on his designated spot at kick offs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Agree with you though. 

I think we need wingers to pin back their full backs and wingers who seem to be the most dangerous players for them. 

But I also think we need energy in midfield; I'd almost be tempted to go Ndidi, Hamza and YT/JM. With those 3 we may lose some creativity, but sure as hell have ability to win the ball back and hassle the midfield trio. 

Id be in 2 minds as to whether to Barnes and Perez under instruction to stay wide. Or go for JM with one of the two and utilise the gaps that appear in and around the back line 

Agreed. Puel did it last season and we got a win there.

They're only weak at the tip and at the back (which could change if Rüdiger plays). The rest is fast, very comfortable with the ball and they combined well yesterday. Pedro and Pulisic ran riot on the wings. We need pace that's why I'd only play Perez/Maddison behind Vardy. Maddison out wide would a great disadvantage imo, as his natural tendancy to drift in would leave Chilwell alone dealing with Pedro and Emerson. Perez in the Shinji position to harass and disrupt their attacking as soon as they get the ball.

However the man to take out of the game is Kanté, if that's even possible. Everything starts from him and almost every attack is broken by him. Many criticized Sarry for playing him on the right but his overall play seemed to have greatly benefited from it.  At least from what I saw yesterday.

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Agreed. Puel did it last season and we got a win there.

They're only weak at the tip and at the back (which could change if Rüdiger plays). The rest is fast, very comfortable with the ball and they combined well yesterday. Pedro and Pulisic ran riot on the wings. We need pace that's why I'd only play Perez/Maddison behind Vardy. Maddison out wide would a great disadvantage imo, as his natural tendancy to drift in would leave Chilwell alone dealing with Pedro and Emerson. Perez in the Shinji position to harass and disrupt their attacking as soon as they get the ball.

However the man to take out of the game is Kanté, if that's even possible. Everything starts from him and almost every attack is broken by him. Many criticized Sarry for playing him on the right but his overall play seemed to have greatly benefited from it.  At least from what I saw yesterday.

They're definitely there to be got at and we have the ability to cause them issues. 

They've been shown to be weak to pace running at them. Will be interesting to see how BR sets this up. 

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They're definitely there to be got at and we have the ability to cause them issues. 

They've been shown to be weak to pace running at them. Will be interesting to see how BR sets this up. 

I think that, tactically, BR has the upper hand and Chelsea have a weak bench. It will be a tough game but we still can get something out of it, if we don't concede first.

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I think that, tactically, BR has the upper hand and Chelsea have a weak bench. It will be a tough game but we still can get something out of it, if we don't concede first.

We should have a fatigue advantage as well, Especially this early on.

Chelsea have just played 120mins. Let's say they travel back today, which'll be recovery. Theyd maybe have a light session on Friday.

The United and Liverpool games should give great insight into where we need to defend and how we can get at Chelsea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

I wonder if BR will play the same starting line up against Chelsea. Unpopular here if he does but he might think get 2 clean sheets in the first two games could set us up for the season.

I could understand two DMs against Chelsea at home. Besides the fatigue of the season is yet to set in. I just hope we bring on Barnes sooner if we're still unable to hit the target.

Dump the diamond!

I always liked Claude's 4231. Especially against the big teams.

It suited our personnel, kept us lively up front (and therefore the oppo wary of us), protected on the flanks and protected in front the centre halves through the middle. 

Choudhury (who neatly filled in for marauding full backs last year as well as midfielder disruption) with wilf.

Maddison, Tielemans and Albrighton  (or barnes) interchangeable as the attacking midfield three.

I'm afraid Perez would get the old heave ho. I thought he was garbage v Wolves.

41 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Dump the diamond!

I always liked Claude's 4231. Especially against the big teams.

It suited our personnel, kept us lively up front (and therefore the oppo wary of us), protected on the flanks and protected in front the centre halves through the middle. 

Choudhury (who neatly filled in for marauding full backs last year as well as midfielder disruption) with wilf.

Maddison, Tielemans and Albrighton  (or barnes) interchangeable as the attacking midfield three.

I'm afraid Perez would get the old heave ho. I thought he was garbage v Wolves.

Chelsea would be ecstatic if we went with that lineup.  It was a disaster against Wolves and really should only be taken out of mothballs for the likes of Pep and Klopp's boys.  Maybe Spurs, maybe not.

If you like a 4231 (and I agree it often worked under Puel) I think you go with Wilf and Praet playing behind Tielemans, Maddison and Perez (on the right) with Vardy as a lone striker.  I like Tielemans deeper as a general rule, but with Praet behind him I think the formation could be balanced enough to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Think Chelsea looked good in 1st half especially last night, they cant lose 3 on the bounce? L for me, just being realistic. 

Unless we become a lot lot better we are losing this one for sure. This means we have to beat Sheff Utd the following week, although we have a poor record there, then Bournemouth at home. Certainly not any easy games!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but sticking Vardy upfront alone, which is likely to happen, will eliminate him from the match. Its alright going defensive and playing for a point but Chelsea have the quality to cut through even the best defensive teams.

It's a given that Kante will absolutely dominate midfield and cut out almost all chance of Tielemans creating anything for Vardy to latch on to.

I suspect this will be 30 minutes of negative possession football before Chelsea's quality begins to show - Then I fear.

Mason Mount showed last night as an attacking central midfielder how to do a job on the left in a 4-3-3. If Maddison had that same level of versatility then I think we'd have found the ideal formation and personnel to play against the best sides in the league but currently he is the weak link against the top sides in that formation. I would be tempted to play Albrighton or Barnes and if Rodgers is brave then Maddison over Choudhury but if not then Maddison sadly has to drop to the bench.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mason Mount showed last night as an attacking central midfielder how to do a job on the left in a 4-3-3. If Maddison had that same level of versatility then I think we'd have found the ideal formation and personnel to play against the best sides in the league but currently he is the weak link against the top sides in that formation. I would be tempted to play Albrighton or Barnes and if Rodgers is brave then Maddison over Choudhury but if not then Maddison sadly has to drop to the bench.

Any chance for a Praet debut? Choudhury too defensive & Maddison too attack minded. So what about Praet? He is supposed to be more of an all round player, who can get forward and create but also do the dirty work defensively.

Might be early in his Leicester career, but I bet new arrivals at other clubs will be involved this weekend.. Pepe, Iwobi, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Sarr to name a few..

:dunno:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Any chance for a Praet debut? Choudhury too defensive & Maddison too attack minded. So what about Praet? He is supposed to be more of an all round player, who can get forward and create but also do the dirty work defensively.

Might be early in his Leicester career, but I bet new arrivals at other clubs will be involved this weekend.. Pepe, Iwobi, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Sarr to name a few..

:dunno:

You make a good point but your examples are terrible.

Everton were in need of a winger, so Iwobi will probably play. Same with Arsenal and a CM, Newcastle with a winger. 

19 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Zouma is an absolute car crash.

Their defence really isn't great at all. Zouma and Christiensen can be got at. Azpelicueta has been a good defender for Chelsea and the league in general though.

• Like 1