Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Strong rumours the pink caps aren’t actually pink. If this is true I can’t bloody wait for the meltdown when people kick off about it.

lol they’ll probably be black to match the trim/shorts

It's a difficult decision on a number of fronts.

Do you got big and play the middle trio of Youri, Maddison and Ndidi and try to be creative and out create Chelsea? Or do you drop or move Maddison and bring in Hamza to help try to deal with Kante?   

Then winger wise; do we go a combo of Barnes/Albrighton/Perez/Gray or potentially try an inverted winger with Maddison?

Chelsea, like Utd and Arsenal this season are there to be attacked. I'd be a little disappointed if we set up too defensively.  If we have serious aspirations of breaking into the top 6 this season which I think is achievable, then these games are a good measure as to where we are and we can't set up scared against them, let other teams do that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

We're undefeated in our last two visits against better Chelsea sides. In their current predicament, I'd be really dissapointed if we don't come away with all 3 points. We've got to be positive and play 

They just drew with the best team in Europe over 120 mins

i think you’re setting your expectations a little high 

• Like 1

It will be a test, Question marks hover over both sides, so it’s going to be interesting, without being too meaningful at this early stage. I think we’re capable. But it depends if we’ve rid ourselves of this soft underbelly Puel so brilliantly established. I think we’re going to harder under Rodgers, and occasionally not particularly attractive but productive. I’d rather we be cautious early doors and get points on the board, and once we’ve found our feet start to open up a bit more. But I’d be surprised if we saw Barnes or Gray, I’m not sure Brendan is ready to start either of them. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Strong rumours the pink caps aren’t actually pink. If this is true I can’t bloody wait for the meltdown when people kick off about it.

Fake news surely?

BTW, 'Fake' means not true. I just made up the word - don't think anyone else has used it ….. ever!

image.png.a4f57a0ae0fee94ab384e5e8b167ee25.png

49 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Barnes starts, we win.

Based on??

I'd understand something like this if he was hitting the back of the net on the odd occasion.

However let's not pin to much hope on the young lad.

I generally think if we start Ndidi and Choudary we will lose.

We need to attack this young chelsea team and put them under pressure for 90+ minutes and make them make mistakes 

Lampard's first competitive home game, some individual performances that didn't warrant the results in the last 2 games, Pulisic looking like he's going to  be a real star for them, youthful exuberance and real attacking intent throughout the side and Kante back and potentially playing in his best position. There's a lot to be wary of in this game.

But, this Chelsea side have a lot of inexperienced players and their passing was at times atrocious against Man Utd last weekend. If we can keep them out and stop them from scoring early doors, I think they're there for the taking. I'd love to see Praet, Madders and Youri running the show personally but I can't see BR starting Dennis just yet.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It will be a test, Question marks hover over both sides, so it’s going to be interesting, without being too meaningful at this early stage. I think we’re capable. But it depends if we’ve rid ourselves of this soft underbelly Puel so brilliantly established. I think we’re going to harder under Rodgers, and occasionally not particularly attractive but productive. I’d rather we be cautious early doors and get points on the board, and once we’ve found our feet start to open up a bit more. But I’d be surprised if we saw Barnes or Gray, I’m not sure Brendan is ready to start either of them. 

Brendan is too smart to start Gray...ever