Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre match

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

And we have a nasty habit of letting out of form players score against us......

Aye probably. **** it. What will be will be, If he doesn’t Kante probably will. I’m already preparing for Drinky to smash one in when we play Burnley 

I'd  hope BR has seen the performance today and realised we need to press and hassle their back line. Zouma doesnt look comfortable at all when targeted. 

If we can get players in and around him, and set passes through their midfield we can cause some serious damage.

I think Chelsea have looked good tonight and even the United game could have been very different if one of their numerous chances went in. 

They'll be really up for it but us scoring first could really open the game up perfectly for us. Not to mention create a toxic atmosphere given their first 2 results.

They're still a talented side who've played better than their results.  They'll be on edge and so will their fans - the worst thing we can do is start another defensive lineup like we did against Wolves and let Chelsea settle in the match in a comfortable, safe environment.  Take the fucher to them and kick them when they're down.

Edited by Deeg67

7 hours ago, Manini said:

Yeah probably. I’m still not sure I’ve ever seen him have a good game mind. I know he’s young and all that. 

20+ goals 2 seasons in a row for 2 different teams at his age is no mean feat. He hasn't until now been given a chance at prem level and people are writing him off already. 

I agree with Jonny and everyone else

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-duty-set-ambitious-3210087

We need to be ambitious.

We also need to show it on the pitch, with a strong winning mentality and urge to win, unlike once again how Chilwell slowly brings the ball up with no sense of urgency at the end of the last game (and similarly in previous games). We may not win, but we need to play like we really want to win, like Vardy and Schmeichel (and Fuchs when he plays) always do.  

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

20+ goals 2 seasons in a row for 2 different teams at his age is no mean feat. He hasn't until now been given a chance at prem level and people are writing him off already. 

Lots of penalties. He’s not great. Very over rated. So looking forward to his first two goals of the season on Sunday. 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The levels of confidence shown by quite a few on here about a game at Stamford bridge where I think Chelsea lost once last season ?. It’s quite astonishing 

we arent Man City or liverpool 

thats liverpool who lost once last season and yesterday couldn’t beat this Chelsea side who are apparently ‘there for the taking’ at their own ground

im concerned that when the game turns out to be a tight affair where we show little ambition (and probably lose), too many will be slagging off Brendan as Claude mk 2.   it’s a league season of 38 games and a point at the bridge would be a great result. 

if everything clicks into into place for us and we ride a bit of luck then we have a chance of an upmarket smash and grab type performance  ......but surely that’s where we are at the moment ? 

Btw, I though Abraham was decent when he came on last night and showed why lampard will select him to start on Sunday 

Agree with pretty much all this. Kante looked excellent last night and they looked miles ahead of us as a team. The problem this season is that the pressure on us to do well is different from the pressure on us just to survive. How our young players respond to this will be key. The top 6 looks as far away as ever just now.

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The levels of confidence shown by quite a few on here about a game at Stamford bridge where I think Chelsea lost once last season ?. It’s quite astonishing 

we arent Man City or liverpool 

thats liverpool who lost once last season and yesterday couldn’t beat this Chelsea side who are apparently ‘there for the taking’ at their own ground

im concerned that when the game turns out to be a tight affair where we show little ambition (and probably lose), too many will be slagging off Brendan as Claude mk 2.   it’s a league season of 38 games and a point at the bridge would be a great result. 

if everything clicks into into place for us and we ride a bit of luck then we have a chance of an upmarket smash and grab type performance  ......but surely that’s where we are at the moment ? 

Btw, I though Abraham was decent when he came on last night and showed why lampard will select him to start on Sunday 

Abraham! 

Only good enough for Lincoln imo! 

• Haha 2

Our FBs and Ndidi will have a tough day at SB. Emerson, Pulisic and Pedro are a handful, pacey and tricky and their midfield is class with Kanté running the show. Their real weakness is obviously the CBs, neither Zouma or Christensen gave a reassuring impression, although the former was much better in Istanbul than at OT (which wasn't a great feat). They're also vulnerable on the counter with their high line defense, as well as on set-pieces, and marauding FBs and lack bench depth. Giroud can give us a headache with his aerial ability and his holding play but Abraham while blessed with pace is wasteful.

I don't think Ndidi can be left alone with the dirty job and Choudhury will probably be starting again unless we put Pérez behind Vardy. We absolutely need width against this lot. I'd go:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilwell

Ndidi

Choudhury  Tielemans

Albrighton                 Barnes

Vardy

or (edited):

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilwell

Ndidi    Tielemans  

Albrighton   Perez/Maddison     Barnes

Vardy

Don't know if Praet is ready though, but I can't see a diamond away against Chelsea.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1