Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Things just link up better with him in the side

38 minutes ago, Manini said:

I like Pérez. As an attacking player i suppose he’ll get judged on his assists and goals which is fair enough I suppose, and it’ll always bring him some criticism because I don’t think he’ll score many - but if you spend any time watching us play it’s easy to see how much better we are when he plays. 

22 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Links up play well, some of his hold up play and passing can be quite shit at times but I like the look of us much more going forward when he’s in the side 

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Every time he receives the ball I expect him too lose it.. just does not fill me with any confidence.

Wont go up for a header and spends half his time on his arse. 
That all said, He when we are playing well, he fits our style of play.

Most, if not all, of this could be in a thread about shinji. 

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Watch him carefully on Saturday, watch his link up with Ricardo + Tielemans and watch his movement off the ball. 

I'm there on Saturday, I'll look hard and hope for the best because I ain't seen it yet. We look far more effective and more likely to score from the minute he gets substituted by whoever. If he plays well, if selected, I'll very happily eat humble pie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

I must have been at a different game to most as I thought he was average at best and our worst player - weak and a passenger most of the time.

Dozo...!!  We were not playing in Blue..that was Everton!!  Perez was the Good guy in Pink..!!:D

5 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I must have been at a different game to most as I thought he was average at best and our worst player - weak and a passenger most of the time.

Agreed, constantly giving the ball away, constantly fouling and so weak. The amount of times he gave the ball away and created a 2 vs 1 against Perraira was unreal.

• Like 1

No more needs to be said than the fact that when he went off, 35 year old Leighton Baines was able to bomb on unnoticed.

Out wide isnt his best position, but it probably speaks volumes about his character that he's our best out there on the right.....By a distance too, simply because he has some football intelligence unlike Gray/Marc.

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm there on Saturday, I'll look hard and hope for the best because I ain't seen it yet. We look far more effective and more likely to score from the minute he gets substituted by whoever. If he plays well, if selected, I'll very happily eat humble pie.

Not saying he’s a world beater but some of the criticism on here is extremely harsh. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not saying he’s a world beater but some of the criticism on here is extremely harsh. 

I haven't read all of it to be honest. I think he gives of his best but is lightweight and easy dispossessed but more importantly,  he's incredibly expensive in giving the ball away which really is something that you just can't afford to do agsinst Man City or Liverpool as both have the players capable of punishing us. He's had ample opportunities to shine, a lot more than certain others and with the exception of one solitary game, has failed to take them. I believe that the only reason he's had all these opportunities is his price tag and that he's a Rodgers signing. We've better alternatives who have contributed more in the short time they've been substituted on for him. He could still come good but unlike Barnes, he's already supposed to be an almost finished article. I see the valid optional reasons for his initial purchase but as yet he's failed to live up to expectations sadly with a heavy price tag to boot. He's poor as an out and out winger and his finishing, bar that one game, suggests that hed never be anywhere near clinical enough to replace Vardy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I've done that 2 or 3 times, wanting to believe all this unseen work FT tells me about. Yet I don't see it. I've looked but it's not there.

Generally I saw some occasional nice touches, 3/4 I incidents losing possession, a lack of pace and a missed half chance or two. Then a dramatic improvement in team performance when he's subbed off

• Thanks 1

I hold my hands up and admit I was one of those who thought Perez was a good signing. However for whatever reason it hasn't worked out yet. It would appear to be a confidence issue.

I agree that he links up well with Ricardo and Ricardo plays better when he is on the pitch but that is all he is bringing to the party at the moment.

Last night against Everton was as poor as I've seen him and as people have said we cannot afford to lose the ball so cheaply in key areas over the next 2 matches.

There is definitely a player in there somewhere but I'm not convinced we can take the chance trying to find it against Liverpool and Manchester City.

7 minutes ago, Remember Kember said:

I hold my hands up and admit I was one of those who thought Perez was a good signing. However for whatever reason it hasn't worked out yet. It would appear to be a confidence issue.

I agree that he links up well with Ricardo and Ricardo plays better when he is on the pitch but that is all he is bringing to the party at the moment.

Last night against Everton was as poor as I've seen him and as people have said we cannot afford to lose the ball so cheaply in key areas over the next 2 matches.

There is definitely a player in there somewhere but I'm not convinced we can take the chance trying to find it against Liverpool and Manchester City.

I'd argue that the defensive side of his game is exactly what we need against sides like them. Who else is there that we can start on the right wing? Gray. 

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, he's always been an inconsistent finisher, he will hit some real form at some point this season I imagine. My only real gripe is how easy it is to disposess him, it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would be that difficult to cut out of his game.

Barnes excepted, our forwards are the skinniest in the premier league  Perez could do with 10 lbs. of muscle on him. He's not playing with Rondon now.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I haven't read all of it to be honest. I think he gives of his best but is lightweight and easy dispossessed but more importantly,  he's incredibly expensive in giving the ball away which really is something that you just can't afford to do agsinst Man City or Liverpool as both have the players capable of punishing us. He's had ample opportunities to shine, a lot more than certain others and with the exception of one solitary game, has failed to take them. I believe that the only reason he's had all these opportunities is his price tag and that he's a Rodgers signing. We've better alternatives who have contributed more in the short time they've been substituted on for him. He could still come good but unlike Barnes, he's already supposed to be an almost finished article. I see the valid optional reasons for his initial purchase but as yet he's failed to live up to expectations sadly with a heavy price tag to boot. He's poor as an out and out winger and his finishing, bar that one game, suggests that hed never be anywhere near clinical enough to replace Vardy.

They said that about Vardy..

Perez He's not been here 4 months.

Critic,and negative perspective,too far over the top and far too early,from some posters..The team is  still  bonding,and still needing to find,their rythme and weight of pass,plus teammates runs into space..We are far from the finished article,despite our league placing.

The biggest improvement,we are believing & learning to win those awkward games,and moments..

Like BR said these are exciting times,and there is alot to build on..

Klopp needed for L'pool also a few seasons and they have more financial clout & can up their Anti,alot quicker player quality wise..We need time to knead ,and to mould.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
18 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It could also ruin his game tbh. Allegri nearly destroyed Dybala's career by making him put on too much muscle. 

Different era maybe but Martin Chivers would have looked like Godzilla compared with our lot even Harry makes us look tiny.

1 hour ago, Remember Kember said:

Why a confidence issue?  He looks to me the same player that we saw at Newcaste - inconsistent, frustrating and lightweight. 

We knew what we were getting which is why I was so disappointed that we paid £30m for him to follow the £12m wasted on Ghezzal.  We have known for two years that we needed a quality RW, even before Mahrez finally left.  I guess they are not that easy to find but I would have rather gone with what we had until the right player became available and then go all out for that rather than start from a position of -£42m.  Either that or bring in another up and coming player like Bowen.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I've done that 2 or 3 times, wanting to believe all this unseen work FT tells me about. Yet I don't see it. I've looked but it's not there.

Generally I saw some occasional nice touches, 3/4 I incidents losing possession, a lack of pace and a missed half chance or two. Then a dramatic improvement in team performance when he's subbed off

You must be sitting right next to me! 😁

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

They said that about Vardy..

Perez He's not been here 4 months.

Critic,and negative perspective,too far over the top and far too early,from some posters..The team is  still  bonding,and still needing to find,their rythme and weight of pass,plus teammates runs into space..We are far from the finished article,despite our league placing.

The biggest improvement,we are believing & learning to win those awkward games,and moments..

Like BR said these are exciting times,and there is alot to build on..

Klopp needed for L'pool also a few seasons and they have more financial clout & can up their Anti,alot quicker player quality wise..We need time to knead ,and to mould.

Agree 100% re Klopp etc and the sentiments. I don't think Vardy is a fair analogy though as he cost 1m and jumped into Premiership football from non league obscurity. Perez came from Newcastle with a price tag suggesting that you could reasonably expect a bit more. The fact that he's no better than Gray, Barnes, Albrighton and Nacho is a little troubling. If the latter 3 of those had been afforded the same opportunities I think we'd have seen more improvement in them.

• Like 2