Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think you have to give credit to Everton's system for that, as they cancelled out all of those players. Perez to be fair got in between the lines a few times and probably should have scored. For me it was a bit frustrating that he went down too easily a few times and in one case instead of going down for a penalty, had he have hit it he could have worked the keeper at the very least.

Under Puel we 100% lose that game IMO. Rodgers was brave enough to switch to 352 and unleash the Nacho man, and those changes made all of Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy come alive. I expect Watford will do the exact same thing so it might be a case of deja vu on Wednesday. 

For me the biggest learning was that we have another option to go to if opponents play a 541 deep block. We had that Man United under Fergie look of scoring inevitably and was just a case of if we could do it in the time left or not. If that came had kept going we would have scored for sure such was our ascendancy. 

I'm still amazed how persistent and confident we are against teams that for 60-70 mins have frustrated us. Less than a year ago if we hadn't made a breakthrough fairly early on you never felt like we would manage to find a way through and yet 4 games on the spin now we have won games after an hour or more of being frustrated and we haven't just pinched them 1-0 either, we've scored twice in every one of these games. Amazing belief and tactical improvements on all the players part.

Perez is always going to be one of those players that is inconsistent, I accept that and I do think he is slowly becoming a very important player for us. I am glad we signed him, he fits in well. I was impressed more with Barnes yesterday, he was probably our best attacking player just a shame his hard work didn't result in a goal or assist again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm still amazed how persistent and confident we are against teams that for 60-70 mins have frustrated us. Less than a year ago if we hadn't made a breakthrough fairly early on you never felt like we would manage to find a way through and yet 4 games on the spin now we have won games after an hour or more of being frustrated and we haven't just pinched them 1-0 either, we've scored twice in every one of these games. Amazing belief and tactical improvements on all the players part.

Perez is always going to be one of those players that is inconsistent, I accept that and I do think he is slowly becoming a very important player for us. I am glad we signed him, he fits in well. I was impressed more with Barnes yesterday, he was probably our best attacking player just a shame his hard work didn't result in a goal or assist again.

Yeah totally agree. Out of rep points! The relentlessness we have shown and our second half record is truly admirable, especially for a team with so many young players.

The celebrations at the end tell you all you need to know about the feeling in the club. They think they can win the title! Most likely we will fall short, but games like that one yesterday are the ones that make you start to believe. The two games against Man City and Liverpool will be huge, but I remember in 2016 when we had to play Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal all in a row and we didn't do too badly then eh!?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he needs to stop falling over at a stiff breeze especially in our own half

Go on the count..Vardy spent also a few Moments on the floor....

Perez Spends less Time kissing dirt,than Shinji did. Plus his runs,driving forward,or Running back...has been more to the Advantage of the Team und negative.

Like other players,this forum have a dig at....many miss their more positive input,and concentrate and  only wait on errors...!!!

That doesn t mean,I am against Rodgers rotating,or making the odd change, by using the squad . Players like Gray/Praet/Chouhury/Albrighton and Now Nacho,should be given some starts... fans and the media,still Don t get it...!!  In a Good squad, players Don't get dropped the First 14-16,are Major gametime

Players... 

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Almost every single week we improve as soon as Perez goes off. 

Is it tactical that we DELIBERATELY play a slightly weaker team from the off and lull the oppo into a false sense of security?

The 60 minute change up is definitely a tactic , switching Vardy's support strikers seems to unsettle defences to our benefit. We could start with Gray and bring Perez on in the 60th as well but the present tactic seems to be working at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

The comparisons to shinji are very accurate. Capable of a shifting the game in our favour through sheer hard work, and often very frustrating when he's weak and loses possession easily, but even when he's not playing brilliantly we look better with him in the team than without. Hopefully Brendan will find some consistency in him. 

I like aspects of his game and agree well continue to get more from him. The shot second half that swerved was much more like it. My biggest frustration with him is the simpler chances that require composure and a cool head. He seems to snap at those and often wastes good opportunities. 

Hes not alone in that but for 30m and big wages you are generally paying for someone who's technique and ability means they will be more accurate when in that position.  

Would love to see him rattle in a few over a few games. 

Perez played well tonight, made a real nuisance of himself and linked up well with Ricardo down the right. He does add a nice balance to the side.

A big bugbear for me with Perez is how much he lashes at shots when he's in good positions. The Ricardo cut-back and Vardy dummy was beautifully worked and he scooped it over the bar. There have been a few similar occurrences, one in the Watford home game for example. He's finding the space and opening up for the shot well so hopefully it comes with time.

I like Pérez. As an attacking player i suppose he’ll get judged on his assists and goals which is fair enough I suppose, and it’ll always bring him some criticism because I don’t think he’ll score many - but if you spend any time watching us play it’s easy to see how much better we are when he plays. 

• Like 3

Every time he receives the ball I expect him too lose it.. just does not fill me with any confidence.

Wont go up for a header and spends half his time on his arse. 
That all said, He when we are playing well, he fits our style of play.

Gray, Albrighton and Barnes don’t convince though either. We definitely could improve on the flanks.

• Like 1