Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm fully prepared to be wrong here, but are there any stats to prove this supposed workrate?  Personally, I don't see it. Plus, if I wanted workrate, I'd choose Albrighton. Not Perez.

If I want skill and/or pace, play Gray.

If I want a conventional right sided midfielder, I'd play Praet. 

I'm sure Brodgers knows best.

27 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's on course for about 12 goals, maybe a lot more if we see this supposed "post-Christmas form" that has been touted. Think that's sound enough. Maybe not for a consistent CL team, but that's not really where we're at right now.

I think that's a good total for pretty much every team in the league to be honest. The wingers who scored more than 12 league goals last season were Hazard, Salah, Mane and Sterling, plus Richarlison who if memory serves spent a fair bit of time playing as a striker. If both him and Barnes can get double figures I'll be pleased

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sure you're right. I'll just take Rodgers's view as your own and you need never comment again. 

OK boomer.

My point is. I'm sure our manager would know much more about a player that he works with almost daily than a random fan in the stands or behind a TV. No offense to anyone of course.

Edited by 420Hashish
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think that's a good total for pretty much every team in the league to be honest. The wingers who scored more than 12 league goals last season were Hazard, Salah, Mane and Sterling, plus Richarlison who if memory serves spent a fair bit of time playing as a striker. If both him and Barnes can get double figures I'll be pleased

I'd be happily shocked if Barnes managed more than ten goals to be honest. Assists seems to be more of a thing for him at this stage.

True it's decent. But I think a side consistently finishing in CL places would want more than 12 goals from what should be it's second highest scorer. Moot point, I'm happy with him.

Our collective press this season has been excellent and directly related to our success. Ayoze has contributed here hugely. He's clearly a talented player with great technique and a team player. Overall, except for a few sketchy clearances, I think he's done a great job and will only get better with time.

• Like 1

The best is yet to come. Expecting a brace from Ayoze against Everton and then the debate on his quality can be closed down. He's been brought in to contribute goals, and  I expect him to be nr 2 on the top scorers list for us. How many did Vards get in his first season? Patience.

2 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

OK boomer.

My point is. I'm sure our manager would know much more about a player that he works with almost daily than a random fan in the stands or behind a TV. No offense to anyone of course.

I got your point first time.

Does the manager knowing best only apply to Rodgers and all fan discussion, debate, opinion be disbanded for him?

Or does the 'manager knows best' rule apply to discussing  all manager decisions? Puel, Emery, Pellegrini, Silva? 

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I got your point first time.

Does the manager knowing best only apply to Rodgers and all fan discussion, debate, opinion be disbanded for him?

Or does the 'manager knows best' rule apply to discussing  all manager decisions? Puel, Emery, Pellegrini, Silva? 

Opinions matter of course, but there's a point where there's unfair criticism or fans not looking at the whole picture. Still, a manager who works with the players for hours each day 6-7 days a week knows better than a random fan who watches their team for only 90 minutes a week.

Puel, Emery, Pellegrini, and Silva are all great managers, but the environment depends. Puel is a great manager in France, but his lack of knowledge of English hindered his ability to communicate with players and made his interviews look bland in front of the press. The football was also dull for the most part. However, he did most of the dirty work here by clearing out deadwood and brought in exciting youngsters (Maddison, Tielemans, Farquad, Benkovic) and brought in the fan favorite Pereira, not to mention he brought in from the academy Chilwell and Choudhury. Brodgers probably would've never come here if we still had all the deadwood here. 

Emery is also a great manager. He won the Europa League 3 times in a row, which is quite a feat. He also won the French farmers league, the French cup twice, and the French league cup twice. It's not that big of a feat considering the resources and players he had but is still a good thing to have on his CV. He also took a "not so good" Arsenal to the Europa League final last season, only to lose to fellow London club Chelsea. The problems at Arsenal lie beyond the manager. The players aren't too good, recruitment has been bad, and the fans booing their players are certainly no help.

Pellegrini is also a great manager. He won the PL and 2 league cups with Man City, not to mention all the trophies he won in South America. Any manager who goes to West Ham is going to struggle the way I see it. They have too much deadwood and their recruitment isn't too good. Don't forget that they're not playing the first choice goalkeeper due to injury. Before that, they weren't doing too bad and some fans here thought that they could be direct competition for us this season, along with Silva.

Everton seems to have the same difficulty as West Ham in terms of deadwood and poor recruitment. Silva is a pretty decent manager, and I seem to recall a lot of fans wanting him here after Shakespeare and before Puel and after Puel and before Rodgers. He won the Portuguese and Greek leagues. He also managed to do fairly well with his short spell with Watford, which went sour after Everton interest. He did a decent job at a struggling Hull City side with limited resources. If he hadn't lost that match against Sunderland in like the last 4 games, he would've kept them up and relegated either Stoke or Swansea instead.

I think Ayoze has similar qualities to what Riyad had for us, ok he is not as good a winger but he is playing as a wide forward.

although riyad has a great first touch, I have seen on many occasions Ayoze pulling the ball down out of the sky with an excellent touch. He is also a great outlet for kaspar if we want to counter quickly due to this.

they both have similar pace and push the opposition full backs back.

Ayoze is harder working by a mile.

who is the better player? Riyad of course, but Ayoze is a better fit for our style of play nowadays.

Guest An Sionnach

Perez and Barnes should think of themselves as more than "wingers" they are strikers and should look to get in goal scoring areas just like Vardy . As I have said before they should try to emulate the Salah, Firmino , Mané triple threat of Liverpool.

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Perez and Barnes should think of themselves as more than "wingers" they are strikers and should look to get in goal scoring areas just like Vardy . As I have said before they should try to emulate the Salah, Firmino , Mané triple threat of Liverpool.

You think Rodgers’ tactics are working so poorly we need to graft on another club’s?  I'd rather trust him to come up with tactics that suit our players, as opposed to Liverpool’s.

Perez and Barnes coordinate/share space not only with attacking fullbacks, but with a pair of very dangerous 8s/10s, all in support of Vardy as our much-sharpest blade. 

Pool’s front three are …. maybe you haven’t noticed … a wee bit more balanced and interchangeable as threats than ours.  While their midfield creates relatively few assists or chances.  Because they are different talents doing an entirely different job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I'd rather Rodgers informs them what to do and whatvhes telling them right now seems to be working. 

Why change any aspect of their games right now ? Their roles right now fit perfect in our system so I'm not sure why you want to change things?

You say you have said it before? Please don't say it again.

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

but they are...Both Dont Ride the wings,and change their Positioning regularly..often criss-crossing ,on the inside.

Like Maddison...their names have to be put somewhere on the Team sheet...alot of fans,still have traditional  ideals in their heads...

Like the L'pool trio named, our front 3 ,with Maddison go in and come from different positions & angles.Vardy Runs the center,but often ( since the title season)

runs the other channels...He would have had alot more assists, if Gray,Okazaki,etc had Converted chances he created.

Perez for me is becoming the Perfect foil for Vardy, some fans forget or miss the Work & assist to the assist he sets up...Unlike Shinji,he stays on his feet,and is more of a goal threat....  

Because we are flexible in our movement, Barnes,Perez,Maddison,also Tielemans,are always in the move,and vary the channels,they Run down.

BRodgers ,and made all our players a goal threat,Take the fact,that we have 2 fbs,that Take up WBack runs und positioning,attack the flanks with either Barnes or

Perez , (Gray when he comes on) or we see both of the latter,move in that Inside position.

If we carry on with this Type of frontfoot movement, Barnes will slowly ( as he gathers experience) up his goal Tally, as for Perez, Now hes got the goal in his sights,allowing he keeps fit, I See him,this season being the 2nd highest GS. Behind Vardy....If We Keep our Good form going I Don t hope,but I See Perez giving us that  Previous missing 12-15 goals range..

With Barnes & Maddison popping up with 8-11 goals each...

If we can start to get Ndidi  to find his range & popping in with a few more... We could well break our PL-GS record....

That said...I couldnt care if we only win majority of our games...1-0.  but to be honest,

since our promotion,IMO this is the First team,that has Guaranteed goals in it..!!

Yes I have that negative angel,that occasionally Pops up on all our  shoulders ( Its in our traditional DNA),

but I will Brush him off ,I want to Enjoy every moment,I believe we will Surprise ourselves (From fans side). and wont drop out of the Top 4...

We are going to have Another Great season,how great..?  Let us Enjoy this seasons-book Page by page...

With Perez having a major chapter just for himself.....!!

Guest An Sionnach
4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I'd rather Rodgers informs them what to do and whatvhes telling them right now seems to be working. 

Why change any aspect of their games right now ? Their roles right now fit perfect in our system so I'm not sure why you want to change things?

You say you have said it before? Please don't say it again.

I take your point but Rodgers supplies the game plan yes , but players are intuitive and are constantly reading each other and this is what the Liverpool trio do so well. Our three are showing signs of the same type of play and if they can nail that , our goal threat will increase way beyond Jamie . Tielmans and Maddison also have an eye for goal and if things come together all five of them should be in double figures this season although no doubt Vardy will be leading scorer.

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I take your point but Rodgers supplies the game plan yes , but players are intuitive and are constantly reading each other and this is what the Liverpool trio do so well. Our three are showing signs of the same type of play and if they can nail that , our goal threat will increase way beyond Jamie . Tielmans and Maddison also have an eye for goal and if things come together all five of them should be in double figures this season although no doubt Vardy will be leading scorer.

It isn’t as simple as having them interchangeable to share the goals around. Vardy playing as he does allows everyone else to do what they do. He creates so much space for the wide men and the attacking midfielders simply through his constant threat even when he’s not involved in the play. 

Regardless, we would score more overall playing the way we do rather than trying to get Barnes and Perez to chip in a couple extra. For every goal they score Vardy would be missing out on twice the amount of chances, not to mention being nullified by being out wide.

I understand where you’re coming from but it’s nowhere near as simple as you expect it to be. It would be to our detriment if we played the way you’re suggesting. Vardy is a very unique talent, that we’re lucky to have and to not utilise his full armoury to get Perez and Barnes a few extra goals would be criminal. He sets the tone for the team, constantly occupies 2 defenders and pins the opposition back as they generally have no choice but to play against him rather than make him change his game. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

I like his speed, technical ability, awareness, but of all our first eleven players I think him and Barnes are the weakest links.

I'm not trying to make him the scapegoat of the day (SOTD), I though Chills, Madders, Youri were below par too, but when he came to the club I was expecting a bit more from him.

One thing that he should stop doing, is dribbling in our half when under pressure when there are teammates around. That's stupid and irresponsible, he's doing that every game and keeps losing the ball. Just play it to Wilf for Fuchssake, Ayoze !!!! :mad:

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I like his speed, technical ability, awareness, but of all our first eleven players I think him and Barnes are the weakest links.

I'm not trying to make him the scapegoat of the day (SOTD), I though Chills, Madders, Youri were below par too, but when he came to the club I was expecting a bit more from him.

One thing that he should stop doing, is dribbling in our half when under pressure when there are teammates around. That's stupid and irresponsible, he's doing that every game and keeps losing the ball. Just play it to Wilf for Fuchssake, Ayoze !!!! :mad:

I think he's getting there , we have to be patient , we are totally different to Newcastle .Of course Rodgers gets his hook out to him usually and Gray and Ihaneacho have proved to be excellent impact sub's.

Certainly got great counter attacking qualities/ instinct that probably suits our away matches. However, when we're at home, he still has work to do. He needs to strengthen up. Not get pushed off the ball, not fall down as often as he does. And be way more savvez when defending in or around our box. Heart attack material at times.

14 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

Certainly got great counter attacking qualities/ instinct that probably suits our away matches. However, when we're at home, he still has work to do. He needs to strengthen up. Not get pushed off the ball, not fall down as often as he does. And be way more savvez when defending in or around our box. Heart attack material at times.

Yes, I personally think you're right to say all that. He's a very genuine hard working lad with a lot of technical ability. But at times, far too powder puff which, combined with his wayward passing causes us problems. We'll see if we regret his selection due to the latter against teams like Manchester City or Liverpool who are able to take  more clinical advantage. It's getting quite telling though that things vastly improve on that right side and more chances appear to occur when he goes off and Gray and now Iheanacho comes on.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For 60 minutes he, Maddison and Tielemans were very ineffective. Thankfully we still salvaged the game but in this hectic run of games we can't afford for many of our attacking players to be way off the pace.

I think you have to give credit to Everton's system for that, as they cancelled out all of those players. Perez to be fair got in between the lines a few times and probably should have scored. For me it was a bit frustrating that he went down too easily a few times and in one case instead of going down for a penalty, had he have hit it he could have worked the keeper at the very least.

Under Puel we 100% lose that game IMO. Rodgers was brave enough to switch to 352 and unleash the Nacho man, and those changes made all of Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy come alive. I expect Watford will do the exact same thing so it might be a case of deja vu on Wednesday. 

For me the biggest learning was that we have another option to go to if opponents play a 541 deep block. We had that Man United under Fergie look of scoring inevitably and was just a case of if we could do it in the time left or not. If that came had kept going we would have scored for sure such was our ascendancy. 

• Like 1