Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Guest An Sionnach

He is a good footballer, nobody would deny that but like Coutinho he is not strong, he needs to be in a team where others supply the muscle. We are a physically small team offering him no protection. Rodgers should have recognised that he would not be suitable for our set up. Having said that his agent should have warned him that he would have to adapt to a totally different system.

17 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Perez was hired principally to score goals , he has scored four but in 15 matches he hasn't , sadly Gray and Albrighton do not either. He is not a "winger" so if he is not scoring what is he? The team would benefit, I believe, bringing Hamza back in, we are too lightweight. Because we have few other options Iheanacho will have to be given yet another chance as well.

The whole board were in agreement that we didn’t play well with two DMs, why would we want to revert to that?

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

The whole board were in agreement that we didn’t play well with two DMs, why would we want to revert to that?

Chilwell's defensive weakness for a start , the only other option for that is three at the back. Principally though because we are too lightweight and the going gets much tougher now.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If anyone needs a reminder not to write some of after a few games or seasons, look no further then Sir Jamie Vardy.

It amazes me how Leicester fans are still so quick to write someone off after living though the Vardy story..,..

Don't think anyone particularly wrote him off but did recognise that at 1m from non league football, it was always going to be a huge step up. Perez's situation bears no comparison. He was a 30m signing from a Premiership club, I think it entirely fair that bearing that in mind that you should expect a better return in performance for the money.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Chilwell is decent defensively... 

But in a top premiership team decent is not good enough , however give him support and his attacking qualities come to the fore.That is the dilemma for Rodgers , Chilwell is a potent attacker but an average defender , but a back three would be a big tactical change. Given Perez's lack of penetration, replacing him with Hamza loses little in attack but gives Chilwell the cover he needs.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

But in a top premiership team decent is not good enough , however give him support and his attacking qualities come to the fore.That is the dilemma for Rodgers , Chilwell is a potent attacker but an average defender , but a back three would be a big tactical change. Given Perez's lack of penetration, replacing him with Hamza loses little in attack but gives Chilwell the cover he needs.

I really don't think you can call him an average defender. If he isn't isolated he's as good as any in the league.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I really don't think you can call him an average defender. If he isn't isolated he's as good as any in the league.

Tbf I am not the only one who thinks so, a top quality full back usually comes out of a one to one, better, nine times out of ten and Ben is easily take out by players cutting in on him. One of the most underated left backs I ever saw was Nigel Winterburn, even Ryan Giggs rarely got the better of him. Chilwell should watch a few old videos to see how it should be done.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Tbf I am not the only one who thinks so, a top quality full back usually comes out of a one to one, better, nine times out of ten and Ben is easily take out by players cutting in on him. One of the most underated left backs I ever saw was Nigel Winterburn, even Ryan Giggs rarely got the better of him. Chilwell should watch a few old videos to see how it should be done.

Not anymore... Which fullbacks are coming out on top 9/10 times in one on ones that you're watching? Wan-Bissaka maybe. But he can't do anything else.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not anymore... Which fullbacks are coming out on top 9/10 times in one on ones that you're watching? Wan-Bissaka maybe. But he can't do anything else.

It's true that current full backs are less accomplished defenders, Chilwell is not the only one , Pereira is an exception combining both skills very well. But we have to face facts with Chilwell , he needs cover and that is why I would have Hamza in the team to bolster our left-sided defensive strength, that for me means leaving Perez out.

I think the biggest problem for us with Pérez is how he is being used, and, of course, what he does in the game.

in having him wide in front of Ricardo we are expecting him to 

* create chances for Vardy or centre mids coming through

* work well with Ricardo to find space for the fullback to cross, shoot or dribble with the ball

* take up positions that give him chance to shoot and score goals.

* being able to back up Ricardo defensively on the right when the opposition press, as we only have Wilf in midfield who is covering the defence.

He isn’t showing that he can do all this, so either we play him in a different position or a different formation, or we coach him to improve his play, or we drop him. 

I cannot stand the inability to stay on his feet, he regularly loses the ball or slows the game down, what is going on, is no-one telling him to cut it out?

Edited by hamptonfox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Did Giggs not generally play on the left, taking right backs on? 

Guest An Sionnach
11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Did Giggs not generally play on the left, taking right backs on? 

He did, but he switched sides often during matches.

51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yes 2, he gets an assist for the header back to Nacho then he clearly played in Gray for the winner

Agree. Clearly 2 assists. I didn't see the match live but (based on MOTD coverage) he was MOTM.