Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Guest An Sionnach
17 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

He cost 30m and is on thick end of 100k a week. How dare you expect more than average

He is Rodger's player , he bought him and probably doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

No defending that performance, he was dire all game long.

Mahrez went for 60m, we've tired replacing him with Gray, Diabate (remember him), Ghezzal and now Perez. None of them are anywhere close to being the game changer Mahrez was for us, or that he was for Man City today.

A quality wide man would be the most welcome addition to our first team and squad in January / the summer but they aren't so easy to get hold of. I really want us to get one though as it could end up being the difference between 4th and 5th, which could be huge to the next few years for the club.

• Like 2

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

No defending that performance, he was dire all game long.

Mahrez went for 60m, we've tired replacing him with Gray, Diabate (remember him), Ghezzal and now Perez. None of them are anywhere close to being the game changer Mahrez was for us, or that he was for Man City today.

A quality wide man would be the most welcome addition to our first team and squad in January / the summer but they aren't so easy to get hold of. I really want us to get one though as it could end up being the difference between 4th and 5th, which could be huge to the next few years for the club.

We replaced Mahrez with Maddison. A like for.like is not mandatory

21 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

If you honestly think every player contributed equally to our success then i'm not sure what you were watching. Like with anyside, there are key players which are more important than others. There were no other players in the league that season capable of offering what Vardy/Mahrez/Kante did.

Compare the career trajectories of the 4 I mentioned earlier, two are now considered World Class, two are Premier League backups.

I dont question Albrighton's Work Rate, but I question his quality.

Like I said, like with Nugent after Promotion, he's not young enough to improve individually, and not currently good enough to improve us.

He's fortunate Gray/Musa havent worked out, Perez is not a natural there and that Barnes isnt consistent.

The reality is, if Albrighton was as rated highly as you say, why has every manager tried to replace him?

It probably says more about how low he is thought of by them that his replacements havent worked out, and he still hasnt got that spot back.

Are you serious? Albrighton was key in our title winning season and used to do so much defensive work it allowed Mahrez to play more offensively that season. He was pivotal in our counter attack feeding Vardy down the channels.

I agree that he is not suited to all managers, especially a side that wants to keep possession like ours, but in 2015/16 he was as key to our play as anyone. He did a lot of the dirty work which is why he never got the headlines. 

If you're talking about players being rejected - remember that De Bruyne and Salah were rejected by Chelsea and they have turned out to be okay players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

We replaced Mahrez with Maddison. A like for.like is not mandatory

That's a fair point, but I think a like for like replacement is long overdue!

Very happy with Maddison of course, who I think was decent today. He at least tried to turn on the ball and play the passes unlike many others on the team.

Wonder how Okazaki would have looked outwide.....Another natural number 10.

He's filling in, and it isn't working.

What do people want though?

Gray plays, its his natural position, and he marks himself out of the game the whole time he is on the pitch. Or Albrighton, who tracks back so much that he actually puts us under more pressure and is no goal threat whatsoever.

It's the area of the team we need to improve the most, we can all see that. That isn't Perez's fault, and i'm not seeing a lack of effort, just a lack of understanding of the role he's being asked to play.

• Like 1

Tonight was just a more exaggerated version of the performances we’ve been watching all season.

He's a patchy player, he will have a good spell at some point but we’ve been carrying him most of the season.

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

Are you serious? Albrighton was key in our title winning season and used to do so much defensive work it allowed Mahrez to play more offensively that season. He was pivotal in our counter attack feeding Vardy down the channels.

I agree that he is not suited to all managers, especially a side that wants to keep possession like ours, but in 2015/16 he was as key to our play as anyone. He did a lot of the dirty work which is why he never got the headlines. 

If you're talking about players being rejected - remember that De Bruyne and Salah were rejected by Chelsea and they have turned out to be okay players. 

I think there were many many players in the league that season who could've replaced Albrighton.......

But none for Vardy/Kante/Mahrez.

No coincidence that those 3 are still 3 of the better players in the division.

Regarding De Bruyne/Salah, you can quote this post if you like when Albrighton gets to that level.

It isn't one manager that didn't think Albrighton was of the standard we wanted, every manager he's had here recruited in his position.

Add Rodgers to that too, who still has Perez/Gray ahead of him. 

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Tonight was just a more exaggerated version of the performances we’ve been watching all season.

He's a patchy player, he will have a good spell at some point but we’ve been carrying him most of the season.

At the level we're aiming for we haven't got half a season and mostly ineffectual piss poor performances to wait for the rare odd good patch. He's a total waste of space and if he can't understand what he's being asked to do then after half a season he must be incredibly thick. If he physically can't do what he's being asked to do then thats down to him being a poor buy like Silva.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

I think there were many many players in the league that season who could've replaced Albrighton.......

But none for Vardy/Kante/Mahrez.

No coincidence that those 3 are still 3 of the better players in the division.

Regarding De Bruyne/Salah, you can quote this post if you like when Albrighton gets to that level.

It isn't one manager that didn't think Albrighton was of the standard we wanted, every manager he's had here recruited in his position.

Add Rodgers to that too, who still has Perez/Gray ahead of him. 

It's possibly only because Perez was Rodgers purchase and a 30m price tag that puts him ahead of Albrighton because it's certainly not his footballing ability. One good game in half a season is poor, had Albrighton been given that opportunity I think he'd have had far more influence than powder puff Perez over the course of those games. I hope we don't see him out again for a while. 

• Thanks 1

I've thought throughout this season that a lot of the time Perez has been made an unfair scapegoat by a lot of the fans, but today there's no defending him, he was very poor. 

So was Tielemans for that matter. 

Reality check today, title challenge all but off the table now, top four still well on and we should be focusing on how far away we are from 5th. Semi-Final of a cup too...