Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He's too lightweight and not offering enough. But you have to say that he's never been a winger in the way we expect so it's unfair to criticise him when he's being played out of position. He also works harder defensively than the other wingers in our squad barring Albrighton so deserves a bit of credit for that

2 minutes ago, Anish said:

He's too lightweight and not offering enough. But you have to say that he's never been a winger in the way we expect so it's unfair to criticise him when he's being played out of position. He also works harder defensively than the other wingers in our squad barring Albrighton so deserves a bit of credit for that

He’s been played in the exact same position he played for Newcastle.

• Like 1

I must admit it's hard for me to judge him in most matches as when I analyse the players performances in my head more times than not he seems to be anonymous and I can't recall anything he's done.  

In his defence his ball recovering stats for an attacking player is excellent and I think he'll be best suited as a flat track bully. I don't say that as a criticism because you need players who can punish weaker opposition. It's Christmas now and the only non top six team we've dropped points to this season is Norwich and that's the main reason we're second as we've been so consistent.

I think Perez is good at finding space and will score a decent return of goals by the end of the season but for £30m we appear to have made the all too common mistake of spending good money on a player who doesn't really improve the first XI. The only two things I wanted this summer was to sign Tielemans and get the best attacking wide player we could get. £30m spent and Perez's position is still the weakest in the team.

13 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Wonder how Okazaki would have looked outwide.....Another natural number 10.

He's filling in, and it isn't working.

What do people want though?

Gray plays, its his natural position, and he marks himself out of the game the whole time he is on the pitch. Or Albrighton, who tracks back so much that he actually puts us under more pressure and is no goal threat whatsoever.

It's the area of the team we need to improve the most, we can all see that. That isn't Perez's fault, and i'm not seeing a lack of effort, just a lack of understanding of the role he's being asked to play.

10 hours ago, Anish said:

Why are people still making this excuse?

No, he's not a winger, he's a wide forward or inside right, which is the role he's being asked to perform and the same role he played at Newcastle.

• Thanks 1

Summed him up yesterday when he managed to be knocked over in the process of Vardy scoring. Mendy is a big man but he made Perez look like a child.

I honestly can’t remember anybody that physically weak playing for us, which makes his defensive stats all the more impressive.

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Should be closer to Vardy.

Exactly... as I said at the start of the season, we are using differently here than Newcastle did out wide.

We find him much deeper and much wider than Newcastle did. He’s going to do nothing from those positions. 

To to get the player who scored 12 out wide for them, we need to find him higher up the pitch and get him linking with the striker.

If we aren’t going to do that, the don’t bother with him!

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, frany104 said:

Not good enough. £30 million. Another waste of money. Our signings are so hit and miss. 

True but you can say that about all clubs, it's the nature of football. Just have a look at the expensive flops Man united have come up with over the last few seasons?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

To me, he's looked embarrassed by his price tag since the day he's arrived. 

And that's understandable. I'd be self conscious too if I was given a 90k a year senior management job and then realised on my first day just about every single existing employee would've been better at the job than I am.

Would be lucky to get a team offering 15m  for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Would be lucky to get a team offering 15m  for him.

He's a half decent, likeabke.professional who'd maxed out at a lower mid table Newcastle and would be suited to similar - a West Brom or Norwich - for 6/7m quid. 

He's so far off the elite levels of Evans, Ricardo, Maddison, Vardy, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Wilf it's cringe worthy

• Like 1

Currently he's not playing to anywhere near the required standard and doesn't look like a 30 million pound player. His composure on front of goal is shocking at times though he has been getting into some good positions.

Right now it looks like the 30 million could have been better spent but time will tell.

14 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I backed him from the start but now I’m starting to lose belief. Such a shame because I thought the signing made perfect sense. 

Hopefully he shows the second half season form that he showed at Newcastle last season, but he’s really proven very little so far. Rarely see him take on and beat a man then deliver a cross, which is disappointing and the least you can ask from a wide player, or at least hope he gets into a few more shooting positions as an inside forward.

Yeah, but you've got Ahmed Musa as your profile pic lol

Guest An Sionnach
15 hours ago, reynard said:

Currently he's not playing to anywhere near the required standard and doesn't look like a 30 million pound player. His composure on front of goal is shocking at times though he has been getting into some good positions.

Right now it looks like the 30 million could have been better spent but time will tell.

Should have bought Rondon really.