Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Apparently he plays better after Christmas. 

Santa's bringing him some shooting boots. Am I dreaming this?

I think he started quite well, hit a peak in saints game and has since dropped off.  I feel this isnt his best position.

A lot of our best moves were down his side of the pitch, but in more recent games we have been attacking down the left more which seems to have coincided with us struggling to score goals.

Liverpool fans were impressed with him and rated him as a top 4 player.

Benitez either used him as a 10 or in combination with a 10.

See the game where they won 1-0 at our place. Ritchie/Almiron played wide, with Perez behind as a 10.

Sure, he was 'forced' wide on occasion, just like he is now, as he was both ours and Newcastle's best option there.....But he is a 10.

Not sure why Rodgers is being accused of only playing him because he is one of his signings and is unwilling to admit he was wrong.

1. We have been linked with Perez in multiple windows before Rodgers arrived.

2. He's playing because Gray/Albrighton offer 0 goal threat.

On 18/12/2019 at 23:35, Master Fox said:

Absolute don of a player. We look so much better with him in the team. He’s going to tear Man City a new one Saturday and Mahrez will be watching from the bench wishing he was as good as our Ayoze 

Aged like milk this 

• Haha 2

He plays like how I think I do at 5 a side. Really intelligently, moving well to make space and dropping into the right positions but the reality is my touch let’s me down, I get bullied off the ball and blaze it over the bar when shooting 

• Haha 1

I see him neither getting beyond or getting the ball off Robertson,  I do forsee him regularly falling over and passing the ball to the opposition. Time for him to sit this one out and possibly a few more unless we change his role because he's a total shambles in the one he's been given at to date.

We really can afford to rest Vardy against say Wigan and trying Perez in a 10 role behind Iheanacho or vice versa is possibly worth a try. Failing that I don't see much of a future here for him. If he can't fulfill a role in the Premiership he's certainly not going to pull any trees up in Europe. Even if he came on as a sub you'd hardly been inspired at the prospect of him being employed as an impact player.

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Only thing really left to do is try him out as a deputy for Vardy if he can't do that it's bye bye Ayoze.

Is it really?

I know he's missed chances, but he's still in a team second in the league blah blah blah.

I'm still giving him time and really prefer him on the pitch. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

He makes some strange decisions considering his experience. 

I think he will be useful in time. But at the minute I honestly prefer either Gray (who has that steaming pace) or Albrighton (For his defensive duty). 

Perez was hired principally to score goals , he has scored four but in 15 matches he hasn't , sadly Gray and Albrighton do not either. He is not a "winger" so if he is not scoring what is he? The team would benefit, I believe, bringing Hamza back in, we are too lightweight. Because we have few other options Iheanacho will have to be given yet another chance as well.

2 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

See the game where they won 1-0 at our place. Ritchie/Almiron played wide, with Perez behind as a 10.

Sure, he was 'forced' wide on occasion, just like he is now, as he was both ours and Newcastle's best option there.....But he is a 10.

Not sure why Rodgers is being accused of only playing him because he is one of his signings and is unwilling to admit he was wrong.

This is just wrong.  Sorry.

He played the majority of his Newcastle career wide right.  The 1-0 win at KP, again he was wide right, see link below to line ups.  

https://www.premierleague.com/match/38642

I don't ever remember us being linked with him pre Rodgers.

• Like 1

I like him. His turn on the ball is really good, he regularly gets his foot in to nick the ball and he links up well with Ricardo, because his technical close control is better than Albrighton or Gray.

That said, like the other alternatives in that position, BR will ultimately judge them on goals and assists. Unlike the others, maybe, stats say he'll most likely improve those stats over the second half of the season. 

He hasn't been great but he has shown promise in my opinion. He's played 15 games for us and he's been here for less than 6 months. Sometimes players need time to find their groove. Ludicrous to write him off already IMHO.

I remember people saying Soyuncu wasn't good enough after the Cardiff game last season. Look at him now. Have some patience.

• Like 3

Too early to write him off yet but he needs to step his game up but not sure I like his apparent attitude when he gets substituted. Then again, I gave up on Nacho and he looks a different animal these days. 

3 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

No, we really wasnt. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s annoying because he seems like he has all the attributes to work but it just isn’t clicking at the minute. 

And before anyone says he’s too lightweight for the premier league, he’s proven already he can do it in this league. Couple Newcastle fans I know say he only turns up second half of the season, so we can hope. 

Thing is he played alongside Rondon an extremely strong player. He may well have been OK with Slimani. Come to think of it they did play together for a while.

Edited by An Sionnach

14 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Perez was hired principally to score goals , he has scored four but in 15 matches he hasn't , sadly Gray and Albrighton do not either. He is not a "winger" so if he is not scoring what is he? The team would benefit, I believe, bringing Hamza back in, we are too lightweight. Because we have few other options Iheanacho will have to be given yet another chance as well.

Though despite having a good preseason, Albrighton or Gray haven't had the opportunities to play in Rodgers new system compared with what we had before. Who knows whether the reliable Albrighton could adapt yet again because he hasn't had the opportunity. Perez has had more than ample opportunities and is an ineffectual damp squib.

10 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Leave the lad alone. Very clever feet, can finish and also works hard to help his full back when he needs to. Will get better. 

He may have very clever feet but unfortunately they're not connected to his brain. He's missed far more guilt edged chances than he's scored so overall his finishing has been piss poor and we really can't pretend otherwise. Being supportive is one thing but not judging him with the same set of rules as other players is crass. People are so desperate for him to succeed they turn a blind eye to his performance or imagine things. Yes, he does work hard but is easily brushed off the ball,  forever falling over and gives the ball away. He's light years away from Albrighton in those sort of duties.

When he goes off and Gray or Iheanacho have come on things have invariably changed into a short space of time and we've mostly scored. They and Albrighton deserve their chances. He's pathetically weak and he should have by now done something about that, he's perpetually being forgiven like an up and coming youth team player but he's not, he's supposedly a seasoned Premiership player that's cost 30m! He's a 10m squad player at best but what we need is a first team winger not another squad player. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

16 hours ago, murphy said:

This is just wrong.  Sorry.

He played the majority of his Newcastle career wide right.  The 1-0 win at KP, again he was wide right, see link below to line ups.  

https://www.premierleague.com/match/38642

I don't ever remember us being linked with him pre Rodgers.

Ditto. Don't recall a mad rush by anyone else bar us to buy him. If we were previously linked to him several times I look forward to the evidential links.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1