Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Still can't get over that 2nd goal. Made it look stupidly easy. 

So many other players sky that over the bar or slice it because of the conditions. He's absolutely nailed it to perfection. Great finish. 

I was also super impressed with his first goal. Slick intelligent one/two touch passing and good finish. We are playing some unbelievable football atm.

Just now, JamesWelshFox said:

He is playing wide right, but his finishing last night showed you why long term he will take over from Vardy through the middle, although the way Vardy keeps on going and going, he might have to wait 2/3 years yet !

He did say in his post match interview that he sees himself as a 9 or 10. His finishing probably proves him right and I think he will eventually move in field. 

• Like 1

His goals were right out of the top drawer last night.

Pleased that he's off the mark. Been frustrating for him and us so far. Let's hope its the start of things to come. Without putting a dampner on it I believed Musa was going to kick on after his 2 goals against Crystal Palace in 2016:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All 3 of his finishes were stunning moves and goals

You're right to call out our pattern of play in saying they were stunning moves. The way we play now is sooooo pleasing on the eye and also so effective!

- Play out from the press

- Win the ball high up the field (we have made the most tackles in the league)

- Move the ball quickly along the ground from one side to another so opposition defensive block has to keep moving.

- Commit men forwards so opposition don't know who to mark.

- Players coming forwards play between the lines.

- Isolate one player who is 1 on 1 with an opponent and in a scoring position.

- Score!

For the half volley, Riccy P and Perez play the ball between them on the right hand side. Then the ball quickly moves across field through Ndidi to Chilwell who crosses it back to where the move originated (Perez) who scores.

The other team that plays this way is Man City. Liverpool are awesome but a bit more direct withe vertical passing instead of midfield technicians. In other words... we are keeping good company!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Starting to like this guy.

Hes got the work rate of shinji and albrighton with a better brain.

No offence to the aforementioned.

Not the most forward threatening game today, But he did a lot of good dirty work in the middle of the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not the most forward threatening game today, But he did a lot of good dirty work in the middle of the pitch. 

Put in an incredible shift today. We should just be glad that we have someone with the ability to do that dirty work and have his technical ability.

Perez makes it possible for others in the team to shine. Everyone working for each other.

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Put in an incredible shift today. We should just be glad that we have someone with the ability to do that dirty work and have his technical ability.

Perez makes it possible for others in the team to shine. Everyone working for each other.

He's really started to gel with Ricardo and Youri. The three manage to link up well and regularly find each other in space. 

He can work as hard as he wants but if he gives the ball away as he did several times last week,  with the likes of Aubameyang or Lacazette possibly playing, theres a good chance we'll get punished. As much as he's in favour at the moment for his hatrick and being much lauded, it's quite a persistent bad habit he needs to cut out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'Ambitious' - the Ayoze Perez transfer verdict that will delight Leicester City fans

Leicester City's Spanish forward Ayoze Perez had suitors from around Europe before he chose to leave Newcastle for the 'ambitious project' at the King Power Stadium

Leicester City's Spanish forward Ayoze Perez had suitors from around Europe before he chose to leave Newcastle for the 'ambitious project' at the King Power Stadium

Ayoze Perez admitted he was close to joining Valencia before deciding on Leicester City’s “ambitious project”.

The Spanish forward moved to the King Power Stadium in a £30m transfer from Newcastle in the summer, but City were not his only suitors.

Monaco and Napoli were also linked with the 26-year-old, but it was Valencia that nearly tempted him back to his homeland.

“I miss the food, the weather and the life in Spain, of course I would like to return,” Perez told Spanish outlet ABC after acknowledging he was ‘very close’ to joining Valencia.

“[Leicester] offered me an ambitious project and made me feel that I would be the protagonist.

“Obviously, the change has been very good for me on the pitch. Now I am in a daring team that wants to use the ball and play attacking football.”

Perez has admitted he is still getting used to the intricacies of the right-wing role he is being asked to play by Brendan Rodgers.

However, any adapting he needs to undertake will not compare to the changes he had to make when he first arrived in England.

“At first it cost me, the physical side,” he said. “In Spain, the games are decided by quality, but here a team can beat you on the basis of intensity.”