Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes excepted, our forwards are the skinniest in the premier league  Perez could do with 10 lbs. of muscle on him. He's not playing with Rondon now.

Have to agree with what @Nicolo Barella said. There is more meat on a sparrows wing than Vardy but he is as tough as old boots. He has admitted himself that if he tried to bulk up he would loose his pace. Some people are naturally slight of build others more solid. If you try to change someone's fundamental physical build you can do more harm than good.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Have to agree with what @Nicolo Barella said. There is more meat on a sparrows wing than Vardy but he is as tough as old boots. He has admitted himself that if he tried to bulk up he would loose his pace. Some people are naturally slight of build others more solid. If you try to change someone's fundamental physical build you can do more harm than good.

Jamie is indeed an incredibly tough hard man and his speed means he is rarely caught in possession. Ayoze is nothing like as quick and is often strong armed off the ball by powerful defenders. If he can't bulk up he is going to have to get rid of the ball more quickly.

10 hours ago, frany104 said:

Agreed, constantly giving the ball away, constantly fouling and so weak. The amount of times he gave the ball away and created a 2 vs 1 against Perraira was unreal.

I think he's still our best option to start but...

I've noticed a few times he's really not keen on going in with any real effort for 50/50s. Seems like an oppo player showing any aggression is much more likely to win it. In turn this seems to be the root cause of his poor ball retention - he tends to spill it when he's getting snapped at from behind. So, in short, he's a big wendy.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

How many times have we seen Vardy shoulder the defender off the ball ! It's not about bulk or muscle, it's more about timing. I think Perez plays with aggression and is certainly not out of place in the Premier.  I believe he will start to get into the goals pretty soon & then foxestalk will love him until he has an off game & then he will be shit again.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agree 100% re Klopp etc and the sentiments. I don't think Vardy is a fair analogy though as he cost 1m and jumped into Premiership football from non league obscurity. Perez came from Newcastle with a price tag suggesting that you could reasonably expect a bit more. The fact that he's no better than Gray, Barnes, Albrighton and Nacho is a little troubling. If the latter 3 of those had been afforded the same opportunities I think we'd have seen more improvement in them.

You see,there are those slight Waves of differences of opinions...I Don t  reckon that Nacho,Barnes & Gray can even be compared on the same Level or wavelength,as Albrighton...

And I do Think Perez is better at the Moment compared to the other 3.you have to consider his given job( from BR) und wider Work Range all round Play &  and capabilities are better and astute.His game awareness,Like Shinjis often Not understand or Really seen,from many fans.

IMO,though he is not,yet consistently bringIng  that consistent & Clinical sharpness,around the box ,he is still heavily involved.

I Don t compare,what or where and whyfores,thats for other topics,and Stories Off the field.

I refer to Space,,patience,and various Time or timing,it takes for any new (even ready made) Player to hit their stride ,to find their own und their Teams rythme und needs. Some just have it,and Click within notime, then others like when we look through the modern history, majority of players Take longer ..6months Maybe a season. Its comparable to when we see with famous Top players,After a

Long injury outage,or failed Comeback because of reoccuring injuries....

It doesnt just knit und Fall into place,they Show sporadic form only at first.

Some again needing a Full season...Perez  isnt has bad as some "knee-jerk" Type of Posters are insuating....Hes doing a job,Shows Good purpose und Bright ideas,through the games,when selected.He is probably playing between ratings 5-7 and has had a top 10.

We Need him & Nacho to hit consistently between 7-8,with the odd 9 giving them the higher avg rating.

Like Barnes (for different reasons!!) he gets or sets up everything just right...but just Off the pace and required concentration for those Nano Second moments...

Trying to Analyse his failings and faults, sorry IMHO far too early.  Oh!! One other thing,I am still Happy we bought him.

In hopefully a rekindled Nacho & Perez himself,we have 2 good alternatives and styles that will enhance the Teams potential, again hopefully that can offer the positive idea,they could actually Play well together,in the last 3rd of the season,transfering to fact for Next season.Giving some respite for Vardy...

I prefer to Read more support ,understanding & importantly encouragement towards our players,

instead of the easy gratious OTT critical comments...

We have just started to organize our journey,the bus aint yet Left the depot,and we havent yet  finished our breakfast....but it looked fine and tastes good...

We havent yet bitten in to all the Goodies on the plate,and still preparing to make up our first Butty bacon sarnie....und Take that First Morning sip of tea...

Not Even kissed the Wife to say Good morning..:kissing:...Far too early!!!

Mind you there will always be the :mad:,who shout s out,when  Running out of the house shiiit I have missed the bus....with kids..:crylaugh:collapsing,shouting after

their crazed relation....'but its only Sunday'...!!! We have organized a Mystery tour, have you forgot..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

How many times have we seen Vardy shoulder the defender off the ball ! It's not about bulk or muscle, it's more about timing. I think Perez plays with aggression and is certainly not out of place in the Premier.  I believe he will start to get into the goals pretty soon & then foxestalk will love him until he has an off game & then he will be shit again.

Disagree with that , if Ronaldo couldn't beat a defender with skill he would just knock them out of the way. Perez cannot hold the ball up he has to get rid quickly.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Disagree with that , if Ronaldo couldn't beat a defender with skill he would just knock them out of the way. Perez cannot hold the ball up he has to get rid quickly.

Yeah,you're right !!! Ronaldo is probably the better player.

• Haha 2

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Yeah,you're right !!! Ronaldo is probably the better player.

Sadly for some , size often really does matter. However if you can spot the quick pass and get rid you can avoid being clattered by somebody 30 lbs heavier than you. Which is what Maddison usually does.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Jamie is indeed an incredibly tough hard man and his speed means he is rarely caught in possession. Ayoze is nothing like as quick and is often strong armed off the ball by powerful defenders. If he can't bulk up he is going to have to get rid of the ball more quickly.

Ayoze was quick enough to keep up with Vardy when he scored against Brighton

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You see,there are those slight Waves of differences of opinions...I Don t  reckon that Nacho,Barnes & Gray can even be compared on the same Level or wavelength,as Albrighton...

And I do Think Perez is better at the Moment compared to the other 3.you have to consider his given job( from BR) und wider Work Range all round Play &  and capabilities are better and astute.His game awareness,Like Shinjis often Not understand or Really seen,from many fans.

IMO,though he is not,yet consistently bringIng  that consistent & Clinical sharpness,around the box ,he is still heavily involved.

I Don t compare,what or where and whyfores,thats for other topics,and Stories Off the field.

I refer to Space,,patience,and various Time or timing,it takes for any new (even ready made) Player to hit their stride ,to find their own und their Teams rythme und needs. Some just have it,and Click within notime, then others like when we look through the modern history, majority of players Take longer ..6months Maybe a season. Its comparable to when we see with famous Top players,After a

Long injury outage,or failed Comeback because of reoccuring injuries....

It doesnt just knit und Fall into place,they Show sporadic form only at first.

Some again needing a Full season...Perez  isnt has bad as some "knee-jerk" Type of Posters are insuating....Hes doing a job,Shows Good purpose und Bright ideas,through the games,when selected.He is probably playing between ratings 5-7 and has had a top 10.

We Need him & Nacho to hit consistently between 7-8,with the odd 9 giving them the higher avg rating.

Like Barnes (for different reasons!!) he gets or sets up everything just right...but just Off the pace and required concentration for those Nano Second moments...

Trying to Analyse his failings and faults, sorry IMHO far too early.  Oh!! One other thing,I am still Happy we bought him.

In hopefully a rekindled Nacho & Perez himself,we have 2 good alternatives and styles that will enhance the Teams potential, again hopefully that can offer the positive idea,they could actually Play well together,in the last 3rd of the season,transfering to fact for Next season.Giving some respite for Vardy...

I prefer to Read more support ,understanding & importantly encouragement towards our players,

instead of the easy gratious OTT critical comments...

We have just started to organize our journey,the bus aint yet Left the depot,and we havent yet  finished our breakfast....but it looked fine and tastes good...

We havent yet bitten in to all the Goodies on the plate,and still preparing to make up our first Butty bacon sarnie....und Take that First Morning sip of tea...

Not Even kissed the Wife to say Good morning..:kissing:...Far too early!!!

Mind you there will always be the :mad:,who shout s out,when  Running out of the house shiiit I have missed the bus....with kids..:crylaugh:collapsing,shouting after

their crazed relation....'but its only Sunday'...!!! We have organized a Mystery tour, have you forgot..!!!

A good post and food for thought.

24 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

What does this bloke actually do other than throw himself on the floor and give the ball away?

It's an absolute joke that Albrighton is on the bench while Perez plays.

Albrighton? 

Runs around a lot and blindly crosses from 40 yards every game?

Put him in Burnley's side and he does as well as drinkwater has since he left.

Marc and Danny were carried by Mahrez and Kante.

10 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

Albrighton? 

Nobody was carrying anyone in the 15/16 season, they were all fantastic in their own right. Kante wasn’t heading balls out the box, Morgan and Huth was. Mahrez wasn’t tracking back to cover Fuchs, Albrighton was. 

I don’t mind the media and neutrals saying ‘Kante carried us’, because they only saw the highlights. Surely our own fans realise every single player put a shift in that season, yes we had 3 word class players but we shouldn’t downplay the rest of the team’s contribution. 

Perfect team, perfect storm. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

Albrighton? 

Mahrez is a million times the player Albrighton is . 

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Nobody was carrying anyone in the 15/16 season, they were all fantastic in their own right. Kante wasn’t heading balls out the box, Morgan and Huth was. Mahrez wasn’t tracking back to cover Fuchs, Albrighton was. 

I don’t mind the media and neutrals saying ‘Kante carried us’, because they only saw the highlights. Surely our own fans realise every single player put a shift in that season, yes we had 3 word class players but we shouldn’t downplay the rest of the team’s contribution. 

Perfect team, perfect storm. 

If you honestly think every player contributed equally to our success then i'm not sure what you were watching. Like with anyside, there are key players which are more important than others. There were no other players in the league that season capable of offering what Vardy/Mahrez/Kante did.

Compare the career trajectories of the 4 I mentioned earlier, two are now considered World Class, two are Premier League backups.

I dont question Albrighton's Work Rate, but I question his quality.

Like I said, like with Nugent after Promotion, he's not young enough to improve individually, and not currently good enough to improve us.

He's fortunate Gray/Musa havent worked out, Perez is not a natural there and that Barnes isnt consistent.

The reality is, if Albrighton was as rated highly as you say, why has every manager tried to replace him?

It probably says more about how low he is thought of by them that his replacements havent worked out, and he still hasnt got that spot back.