Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think he means that now he's not in form, every little mistake is under the microscope so we notice it a hell of a lot more. When you're in form and misplace a pass, nobody cares. But whenever Perez does the same it's the end of the world.

He needs to be taken out of the team for a few weeks IMO. Hopefully he can get a goal or something against Prague because his confidence is clearly on it's arse.

I'd agree that he needs taking out but Brendan's in a catch 22 now, I mentioned a few fixtures back that I think they agreed a run of games for him to get back amongst the goals/assists and those games have gone by without him getting any, if he's dropped now surely that would batter his confidence even more, even if it is the right thing for the team. 

You either play him behind Vardy in the ‘number 10’ role or you don’t play him at all. 

Maddison though occupies that role, therefore Perez should constantly be on the bench.

Throughout his Leicester career, he’s done next to nothing when playing on the right, last night he pretty much played from the left and it was the same result. Yes he’s been poor, but Rodgers hasn’t helped matters by playing him out of position, to keep persisting with Perez when he’s clearly not a winger is baffling.

I expect to see either Albrighton or Ricardo on the wing for the foreseeable. 

Come the summer we either keep Perez as a back up to Maddison, or we cut ties with him and sell him. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

According to football critic, against Wolves he lost possession 12 times with a 63% pass completion. Against Brighton, he lost possession 11 times with a 84% pass completion. 

I was quoting whoscored.com who get their stats from Opta 

I'm starting to feel sorry for him, which is probably worse than disliking him in many ways.

Seems like an engaging nice guy so the personal abuse in twitter etc is so uncalled for. Not really his fault we bought him and not his fault he's not good enough as a Vardy back up / a winger.

Hope he proves us wrong, he had a couple of decent games in January but I guess that was when we had decent players around him and he was playing through the middle.

Edited by Nalis

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just because you're the weakest player in the squad doesn't automatically make you a "scapegoat". He's started the last 6 games and not scored or assisted once in that time, that's not "scapegoating", that's just pointing out how he's struggling badly. 

But the scapegoating comes in when all the focus is so much on him, up to a point yesterday he'd done little wrong, but was still taking absolute pelters in the match thread, despite his performance being no worse than anyone else. Wolves I thought he deserved it as so much was breaking down when it got to him, but some don't seem capable of just being objective in matches, they are actively looking to have a go. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just because you're the weakest player in the squad doesn't automatically make you a "scapegoat". He's started the last 6 games and not scored or assisted once in that time, that's not "scapegoating", that's just pointing out how he's struggling badly. 

Not all comments are scapegoating- just many of them.  Some are simply nasty.

There is a difference between a constructive comment and a demeaning one.  

I've been as big a fan of Ayoze as anyone but his lack of pace and cutting edge is really starting to show as his confidence dips.  Not sure where he can go from here, maybe as back up only for Madders only in the hole.

I actually thought Under was the worse of our two wide players last night, struggling to keep the ball at all, whilst JV was naturally off the pace.  Tough night for our front men!

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

You either play him behind Vardy in the ‘number 10’ role or you don’t play him at all. 

Maddison though occupies that role, therefore Perez should constantly be on the bench.

Throughout his Leicester career, he’s done next to nothing when playing on the right, last night he pretty much played from the left and it was the same result. Yes he’s been poor, but Rodgers hasn’t helped matters by playing him out of position, to keep persisting with Perez when he’s clearly not a winger is baffling.

I expect to see either Albrighton or Ricardo on the wing for the foreseeable. 

Come the summer we either keep Perez as a back up to Maddison, or we cut ties with him and sell him. 

To be honest seeing him getting raped on a 3 on 3 counter attack I don't think he would be any better at the number 10 role.

His movement of the ball is poor, he is slow and he always looks like he is going to be tackled to easily. 

Watching him last night standing with 3 players round him not moving for the ball far to static. Give him credit he does look like he is trying though maybe to hard.

If we was a mid table team would he be good enough most probably yes. 

16 hours ago, Babylon said:

But the scapegoating comes in when all the focus is so much on him, up to a point yesterday he'd done little wrong, but was still taking absolute pelters in the match thread, despite his performance being no worse than anyone else. Wolves I thought he deserved it as so much was breaking down when it got to him, but some don't seem capable of just being objective in matches, they are actively looking to have a go. 

Surely that is just the frustration of fans seeing that he keeps getting picked despite relentless poor performances.

8 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Surely that is just the frustration of fans seeing that he keeps getting picked despite relentless poor performances.

No excuse for the pelters though, having seen Under, who is the alternative in this injury hit season surely?

For me he's a jack of all trades but a master of none. He's a sort of half decent squad player, good for 6-10 matches a season but just doesn't offer enough in terms of goal scoring  or creativity. In a way I feel a bit sorry for him. If he'd cost the same amount of money as say, Amartey, he wouldn't be getting this kind of fan reaction all the time. Yes he'd still get criticism but it wouldn't be as constant and he would be given more slack.

I'm not really certain why we bought him and we cetainly badly overpaid. I'm not denying he works hard or that he's a decent guy and a good team mate, but I just don't see what his position in the team really is. In all the positions he can play we simply have better options.

It isn't his fault that we overpaid, but for 30 million I'd expect more and as a club we need ot spend that kind of money better.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

It’s inevitable if certain players get preferential treatment - Under hasn’t been given anywhere near the same amount of minutes to prove himself. Exactly the point I’m making.

I see the point but disagree. If they were only under consideration for match day performances then fine, but they are not, no-one is.

Every single player is judged initially on their ability in training. I do feel there is a better option (Marc) but anyone will need rotating during this hectic period.

I have confessed my error in backing Ayoze over Kelechi though  

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Slating him when he's done nothing wrong is frustration? How about slating the manager who keeps picking him?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

For me he's a jack of all trades but a master of none. He's a sort of half decent squad player, good for 6-10 matches a season but just doesn't offer enough in terms of goal scoring  or creativity. In a way I feel a bit sorry for him. If he'd cost the same amount of money as say, Amartey, he wouldn't be getting this kind of fan reaction all the time. Yes he'd still get criticism but it wouldn't be as constant and he would be given more slack.

I'm not really certain why we bought him and we cetainly badly overpaid. I'm not denying he works hard or that he's a decent guy and a good team mate, but I just don't see what his position in the team really is. In all the positions he can play we simply have better options.

It isn't his fault that we overpaid, but for 30 million I'd expect more and as a club we need ot spend that kind of money better.

Yes, there's a lot of truth in all that and whatever the actual sum paid, it's not the fault of the player. I think a lot of the frustration is due to what some supporters perceive to be preferential treatment over other squad members who are thought by some to be either a better option, or others that they deem worthy of a playing opportunity or a similar run of appearances to try and prove themselves.

Nobody ever liked a teachers pet or a brown nose and although they may seem to be poor analogies in one way, Perez does on the surface, seem to live a charmed life compared to others and it's perhaps fairly natural for that  to invoke feelings of resentment in some. This also is hardly the fault of the player either though  because the fact that he's picked, or played in a position that to some, seemingly doesn't suit him, is ultimately the manager's choice. We can only wonder at the reasons why and different theories are bound to be aired on a football forum but we we don't see his or other players in training. However, training isn't everything and some players flourish on a live stage. Under wasn't brilliant for example against Brighton, but neither was he afforded his opportunity in front of Ricardo and a in first choice team like Perez. Rodgers understandably has concerns over the latter's defensive qualities but, are those of Perez when played on the right that much an improvement and wouldn't Under's potential offensive qualities be more than ample compensation. There can sometimes be an obsession with safety and defensive qualities at the expense of trying to actually win a game. There again, it's not my head on the block should a game be lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Slating him when he's done nothing wrong is frustration? How about slating the manager who keeps picking him?

People get frustrated to see him start over better alternatives - this boils over into slating him. Then he starts to make errors and it all gets worse. I think people are all reluctant to criticise BR because he is doing a very good job overall. He seems to have a blind spot where Perez is concerned, or he really believes he’ll turn it around.

25 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

People get frustrated to see him start over better alternatives - this boils over into slating him. Then he starts to make errors and it all gets worse. I think people are all reluctant to criticise BR because he is doing a very good job overall. He seems to have a blind spot where Perez is concerned, or he really believes he’ll turn it around.

Please provide examples- this gets more and more like a witch hunt as time goes on. :blink:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I'll criticise him. Brendan just stop it - now!!

• Like 4