Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
turkish14

Wilfred

18 minutes ago, Frost said:

The passion when he scored was unreal. That's what it's all about. 

Still forget he's so young too because of the amount of experience he's racked up.

Yeah I loved that. He came right up to the away end and went absolutely nuts. I kind of wished we saw more of that, because those sort of celebrations really make Football special. Vardy getting the Premier League record, King scoring on title winning day, Knocky scoring against Watford in the game after deeney day, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His dejected demeanour just proved how much he cared about the result and regardless that he scored the equaliser, he was still trying not to think about his contribution towards Chelsea's early goal. This club obviously means a lot to him and that's great to see.

Just got to put it behind him and learn from the experience, and look to the next game against the Blades. Just the attitude we look for in a player. Rodgers will for sure be focusing on getting his chin up quickly so he doesn't lose his confidence on the ball.

• Like 1

Rather than faffing about with fancy corner routines now that Maddison no longer has a slab to aim at, surely we should just aim them at Wilf instead? Fairly tall and with a massive leap on him, he’ll probably score just as many.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He’s clearly genuinely  disappointed with their first goal - how can you have a go at this lad, after this reaction and to be fair no one did around where I was in the top tier. Maddison clearly has huge character as well. He was fantastic with little Sophie and looks to look after Wilf here - looks like a potential future captain to me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

He’s clearly genuinely  disappointed with their first goal - how can you have a go at this lad, after this reaction and to be fair no one did around where I was in the top tier. Maddison clearly has huge character as well. He was fantastic with little Sophie and looks to look after Wilf here - looks like a potential future captain to me.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m really impressed with madders during that interview, proper club player. 

Im sure the fans will get behind wilf against Sheffield United.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say as a critic of the use of Ndidi last year, he is winning me over this season (for me it is never personal but about whether someone should play or how the coach should get the best out of the players he has and make the team work effectively).  Yes it is only 2 games in, but the accuracy of his tackling has gotten even better (reduced his foul count) and he is improving other aspects as well, which is the main thing. I will continue to criticise his selection if I feel there is a better option in a particular setup, but in any event I hope he continues to improve.

It was a big mistake by Wilf but I would cut him some slack. We would have ended up conceding anyway with that onslaught. Let's move on.

Great goal though. We were reliant on Maguire for that type of thing the whole of last season and it never really worked.

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Rodgers asks too much from him. Wilf should never be collecting the ball off the defence never ever ever ever never. Push him up and let Youri, Maddison etc... have it. 

On one hand I agree with you but to play devil's advocate for a moment, how can players improve if you don't stretch them? Challenge them? Get them out of their comfort zone? I think BR has been pretty open about the fact that they will make mistakes because he's trying to develop their game which is what a good coach does. To be fair to Brodge he did take the blame post-match too.