Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheff Utd (A) Match Thread

Sorry, I know it's now frowned upon to criticise, but that was nowhere near the standards required for a team with top6 aspirations. Slow, sluggish, unispiried, with some really under par performances. We don't deserve to be winning and if the opposition were PL established, we wouldn't be. Lucky for us a bit of Maddison and Vardy class give us a head start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perez has been pretty poor so far. I would like to see Barnes replace him instead and see what he can do with Fuchs behind him.

Tielemans is having another quiet game so far. He needs to start performing.

Vardy - good goal.

Maddison - good assist but he should really stop taking corners and free kicks for a while. They have been poor again.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

That's the flexibility of the formation. Allows the two 'wide' forwards to tuck in behind Vardy.

Spot on...!!!

I have said this Forum cant Pick players...Even worse they dont understand modern tactics on formation.

Maddison will Not Play on the wing,he Moves around,und so like the others,Inside forward,on the flanks,driving through the middle....

Ditto Tielemans,und Perez...

The manager has to put names on paper they wont all stand in the Middle or on One flanks,but they have to Kick-off..!!

where und how they move,is the flexability of the system.... 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

The system looks like it's not playing to our strengths but still good enough V a poor Sheff Utd team. 

Would not call them poor, physical and a tad  limited but dangerous.

Still think we are not playing at anything like our best.

Yeah seems to be like Rodgers is trying is hardest to justify the £30m fee. 

Every manager that comes in drops Albrighton, and after a few months he's fought his way back into the team. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner rather than later this season. 

Just now, Collymore said:

Anybody noticed how deep Hamza has been playing?  Was playing CB at times.

Well that's how our system works. One player drops in to provide protection because our full backs bomb upfield. This means on the turnover we have protection. It also means we have an immediate passing triangle when building from the back, as there is always an outball. Other teams can exploit this, like Mount did last week, but Hamza has a better first touch so I think is less likely to give it away in that spot. As I said in an earlier post, he's been terrific.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Fair play lol

If you read back a few posts you'll see I was taking the piss out of some of the frankly embarrassing wailing going on when it was 0-0.

Yes, I see that now hahaha.... it has been a little bit embarrassing, few Vardy goals will get rid of those eternal moaners.....

Sheff United

The system looks like it's not playing to our strengths but still good enough V a poor Sheff Utd team. 

Sheff United isn't that poor - they're well organized and modestly talented.  They won't be top half but they're no Cardiff or Huddersfield.

I thought that was a better first half than Wolves or Chelsea, though still not great.  We were pretty much imposing ourselves on them in the final 20-25 minutes and harrying them off the ball, but as usual struggling to connect several passes to construct an attack.  I was actually surprised to see Praet playing so high up the pitch - higher than Tielemans most of the time.  He made a couple of nice interceptions in our end and his presence freed up space for Tielemans and Maddison to operate, but I think he'll be more effective in attack if he sits a little deeper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Spot on...!!!

I have said this Forum cant Pick players...Even worse they dont understand modern tactics on formation.

Maddison will Not Play on the wing,he Moves around,und so like the others,Inside forward,on the flanks,driving through the middle....

Ditto Tielemans,und Perez...

The manager has to put makes in paper they wont all stand in the Middle or on One flanks,Bit they have to Kick-off

where und how they move,is the flexability of the system.... 

Exactly. Drives me nuts how people on here seem to think players can only run in straight lines!

Just now, ithuriel said:

Would not call them poor, physical and a tad  limited but dangerous.

Still think we are not playing at anything like our best.

Just think that the quick movement of the ball is the thing that costs hundreds of millions to do effectively and we still need to fine tune. Not far off been unplayable though...

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Sheff United

Sheff United isn't that poor - they're well organized and modestly talented.  They won't be top half but they're no Cardiff or Huddersfield.

Exactly! Getting promoted is probably one of the hardest things to do in football. You can't underestimate the quality and ruggedness of a promoted team.