Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheff Utd (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

No, it’s down there with humour and courting.

Fair play lol

If you read back a few posts you'll see I was taking the piss out of some of the frankly embarrassing wailing going on when it was 0-0.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

For those with a stream - how's Praet looking?

Best of our (central) midfield 3, but none have been particularly spectacular. I’d  much prefer to drop one of them to then allow an extra winger to then move Maddison inside. 

Just now, Brooksy said:

Was that Tielemans losing the ball again?

He's going to be our 'Mahrez' this season. He's going to try tight balls, which if they work everyone will laud as being amazing, but if they don't work out people will moan about. He's done alright, and the 50% that get through will be quality.

• Like 1

Brilliant finish Vardy and great ball Maddison. 

I am a little concerned with Youri and Praet. Youri we all know is class but at the moment seems to think he has an extra second on the ball and the opposition are dispossessing him. Praet looks short of match fitness 

Hamza has been excellent that half 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That can’t be right - someone on here last week reliably informed us all that we were getting relegated this season???

I think our UEFA co-efficient is less than Celtic’s. Reserves so we can forget about Europe.

• Haha 1

Great goal and link-up play between Maddison and Vardy!

Hoping we can put the game to bed on the counter 2nd half as Sheff utd have to bring the game to us more and we'll love more aggressive on the counter.

Still not convinced by this formation and while I'm sure they'll improve, Perez and Tielemans have had pretty dire starts to the season in this first 2 1/2 games.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

He's going to be our 'Mahrez' this season. He's going to try tight balls, which if they work everyone will laud as being amazing, but if they don't work out people will moan about. He's done alright, and the 50% that get through will be quality.

Issue with Tielemans today is dawdling in possession, nothing really to do with trying eye of the needle balls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

That's the flexibility of the formation. Allows the two 'wide' forwards to tuck in behind Vardy.

He wasn't tucking in behind anyone, he was on the halfway line, in midfield where he did his best work from last year. He isn't a "wide forward" he's a number 10 or deep lying playmaker. He's not involved enough out there, he needs to move back into to midfield three like he was at the end of last season, and we can stick Barnes on as the wide forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't seen anything from perez so far this season to make me think he's an upgrade on Albrighton. Looks very similar in terms of work ethic, but he does seem to get bullied off the ball more easily than Marc. 

Just now, Fktf said:

Haven't seen anything from perez so far this season to make me think he's an upgrade on Albrighton. Looks very similar in terms of work ethic, but he does seem to get bullied off the ball more easily than Marc. 

Yeah seems to be like Rodgers is trying is hardest to justify the £30m fee.