Sign in to follow this  
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

Let's not bother with Mendy, Gray and our number 10 on the wing eh Brendan?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Could do with son picking up a knock on Wednesday- they are so much better with him

Could do with some dodgy lasagna at the hotel.

Edited by Facecloth

19 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Before today, if there was a league table for games since BR was appointed, we were third. You seriously need to get a grip and some perspective.

Ok, what's your prediction for team and score next week? 

25 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Before today, if there was a league table for games since BR was appointed, we were third. You seriously need to get a grip and some perspective.

But we haven't played well this season though if we're honest though, have we?

Even though we were 3rd many of us were less optimistic at the start of the season because of the performances.

It was a bit reminiscent of the time we were top in October under Peter Taylor despite not playing well at all and most of us knew it was a false position.

If we have Perez , Tielmans and Iheanacho on the bench at about £100 million , people are going to talk , these players were bought to score goals ! Spurs are a big side physically and will get stuck into us straight away , coupled with having one of Europe's best strikers ( who didn't need to score today) this is going to be tough.

Edited by An Sionnach

Ditch Puel-ball for a start and have a go at them. Bit embarrassing how much respect we paid a piss-poor Man United side today.

• Like 2

Go back to a proper 4-2-3-1 with Maddison as a number 10 where he can actually influence the game and 2 wingers.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyunchu - Chilwell

Tielemenas - Ndidi

Albrighton - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Go back to a proper 4-2-3-1 with Maddison as a number 10 where he can actually influence the game and 2 wingers.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyunchu - Chilwell

Tielemenas - Ndidi

Albrighton - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

433 or 4231 it's pretty fluid. Just don't play Choudhury and Ndidi and don't play Maddison out wide. Simple.

• Like 4

If we win this after that shite today I’d be content with that trade off.

Edited by Harry96
  • Like 1

We need a fast get into them team.

I'll go with

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Ughelumba (okay Chilwell but he is disappointing this season)

Choudhury

Tielemans

Madders

Albrighton

Vardy

Barnes

And attack, attack, attack on both attack and defence

Edited by FIF

Jesus Christ our first loss at Man Utd and people are turning on the manager already.

back what ever team he plays. He knows best.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would like to see if Praet can offer something. 

Not a bad idea. He’s supposed to tick all the boxes of an all round midfielder. 

But assuming we play a 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 with two wingers, who do we replace in midfield for Praet? 

Play our best eleven with best players in best position. If it means one of Ndidi or Hamza miss out than so be it

• Like 2

The good news is Spurs are playing in Greece in the Champions League on Wed evening.

The bad news is that they are visiting the 'ever obliging Leicester City' without a Premier League away win since January (at Fulham)...

2 hours ago, browniefox said:

Ok, what's your prediction for team and score next week? 

Fair enough I will put my money where my mouth is. 2-2. Normal back 5. Wilf. Maddy, Youri, Albo, Harvey, JV. 

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

But we haven't played well this season though if we're honest though, have we?

Even though we were 3rd many of us were less optimistic at the start of the season because of the performances.

It was a bit reminiscent of the time we were top in October under Peter Taylor despite not playing well at all and most of us knew it was a false position.

We are hit and miss, I get that. Don’t think it’s fair to draw comparisons with the Taylor era!! 😱

Sheeeessssh, not an easy fixture. Either a draw or we get slapped.

If we win, i will go streaking

in my own house

Come on city pleaaaaaseee lets twat these cocks!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

Not a bad idea. He’s supposed to tick all the boxes of an all round midfielder. 

But assuming we play a 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 with two wingers, who do we replace in midfield for Praet? 

Assuming Rodgers refuses to utilise Tielemans correctly, we could put Praet in for him, and then Hamza in for Ndidi, with Maddison as the third mid. I reckon they could cover each other's deficiencies; Hamza isn't as strong as Ndidi defensively but he can be helped out by the presumably more active Praet, and Praet probably won't be as effective attacking as Tielemans but that will be helped by having a DM who can pass, starting attacks down the middle. 

Of course, I'm speculating and know little about football. I won't be upset if we don't see what I just suggested. 

• Like 1