Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

Spurs will be playing in Greece on Wednesday night, this is a lunchtime Saturday kick off.

Hopefully we'll see an exhausted Spurs facing a refreshed Leicester.

Doubt that will make much of a difference though.

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I'm going for another Rodgers ultra offensive exciting set up. 

Kasper

Ricardo Morgan Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Gray Tielemans Ndidi Hamza Maddison 

Too many midfielders, not enough goalkeepers.

-----------------------------Schmeichel-----------------------------

Ricardo-----------Evans----------Soyuncu------------Chilwell

-------------------------N'didi------Praet----------------------------

------------Perez----------Tielemans--------Maddison---------

--------------------------------Vardy----------------------------------

This formation means that Chilwell and Ricardo really need to get forward and provide the width. 

Perez also needs to contribute a lot more than he has so far, but Praet will certainly improve on us being more creative from deep. 

Alternatively...

-----------------------------Schmeichel-----------------------------

Ricardo-----------Evans----------Soyuncu------------Chilwell

--------------------------------N'didi-----------------------------------

Albrighton--------Tielemans------Maddison----------Barnes

--------------------------------Vardy----------------------------------

Gives us plenty of width but have to guard against countless, hopeless crosses into the box to a well marked Vardy (I'm looking at you Marc!) 

Tielemans will also need to drop deeper often to get the ball and start our attacks. 

12 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'll honestly be infuriated if we do, it's exactly like when Mendy and Ndidi played together. We just look f%king crap and predictable

I'd appreciate if someone could try and explain what the benefit of it actually is, and why we've broken up what was our best looking midfeld in years for it.

He's not that quick, he's not exactly good at covering Chilwell like Albrighton can do as a winger, he's just not at all suited to it. It's madness.

We are honestly infuraiting. We've got so much going for us and we shoot ourselves in the foot.

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Try the diamond if we're not going to play with wingers. 

Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans and Maddison. Get Perez upfront with Vardy.

That would be one possible option. Playing Albrighton and Barnes/Perez is the  other.  This hybrid “worst of both worlds” setup that’s clearly Rodgers’ preferred formation is a disaster on every level.

I’m sure Praet is thanking his lucky stars he agreed to that transfer...

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Assuming Rodgers refuses to utilise Tielemans correctly, we could put Praet in for him, and then Hamza in for Ndidi, with Maddison as the third mid. I reckon they could cover each other's deficiencies; Hamza isn't as strong as Ndidi defensively but he can be helped out by the presumably more active Praet, and Praet probably won't be as effective attacking as Tielemans but that will be helped by having a DM who can pass, starting attacks down the middle. 

Of course, I'm speculating and know little about football. I won't be upset if we don't see what I just suggested. 

If he is given a chance I wouldn’t mind seeing him and Youri together as the two number 8’s. I suspect it probably wont happen until the Luton game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I'm going for another Rodgers ultra offensive exciting set up. 

Kasper

Ricardo Morgan Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Gray Tielemans Ndidi Hamza Maddison 

Put amartey in for Gray, Fuchs for Madisson, and Mendy for Tielemans. 

• Haha 2

I'm still not leaning towards the opinion of 'Rodgers doesn't know what he's doing', but I'd like to start to see some kind of formation, squad and system starting to take shape and that delivers consistency. 

We can't have any more surprises like the Man Utd selection yesterday. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Evans

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

I reckon that team ticks everybody's favoured formations of 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, Diamond, Free-Swim. 

Perez, Choudhury, subbing with purpose. 

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When folk say Spurs are playing in Greece, they are kicking off at 6. Basically means they probably be back home by 1ish. Recovery Thursday afternoon - it’s not as big as an advantage with the earlier kick off time 

Exactly...i.e they will be prepared for this situation, it goes with the rigours of playing Champions League footeh. 

I'd imagine they'll leave the ground 10 minutes early as well to avoid the traffic. 

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

The problem is Wilf and Hamza are two of our best and most reliable players . If you like they could become our Viera.  and Petit . As I remember Arsenal fans didn't complain too much about defensive play . Our problem is we only have one threat up front.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The problem is Wilf and Hamza are two of our best and most reliable players . If you like they could become our Viera.  and Petit . As I remember Arsenal fans didn't complain too much about defensive play . Our problem is we only have one threat up front.

Vieira was box to box though, he offered some offensive threat. They also played two wide players, in standard 442. They didn't moam because it worked. We have to drop someone, add an extra striker or something to play those two. Replacing one winger with Hamza and trying to play the exact same personal otherwise wont work.