Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Spuds then Newcastle next two games and I’d be over the moon with 4 points although 3 would be more realistic ...

Spuds are the inform side and it will be very tough even if we raise our game ...    but !  ..   never say never !!

Poch taking tips from his mate Biesla?

Edited by Nalis

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Spuds then Newcastle next two games and I’d be over the moon with 4 points although 3 would be more realistic ...

Spuds are the inform side and it will be very tough even if we raise our game ...    but !  ..   never say never !!

Given it’s the cursed 12.30 ko and Spurs are rampant atm, it’ll be a damage limitation exercise. They’ll win by 2 goals. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Depends who you ask, i personally thought he did ok and we looked better when he came on. He didnt do anything exceptional though, just ok. 

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

How did Perez perform yesterday?

Was better than gray as he pressed but that was about it

In said on another post I think, I look at our team on paper and actually feel a bit ‘meh’ ... no one makes me excited, gets me off my seat. Barnes is the closest of doing something unexpected but that’s it. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Spurs are annoyingly consistent unlike Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. They'll comfortably finish 3rd and will probably beat us. 

1-2

Maddison for us, Kane brace for them.

Spurs recent form is actually rank. 19 points from their last 17 Premier League games. 

Guest An Sionnach

Is Jamie going to have to play all 38 games for us , somebody is going to have to step up and help him out . Spurs can win 4-0 without Harry scoring that's what we need and soon .

If we change the tactics up and play to an attacking strength, we might have a chance. Can’t protect a lead if we never have one - and we’re simply not getting enough shots or playing well enough at LB/RB lately to expect one of their talented players to not find a way through.

Head says 3-2 Spuds; Heart says 2-2 draw.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

I think it's a case of a reality check.

We were poor against a team alot of us rate as poorer even though they are they 'mighty Manchester United', for me that phrase doesn't wash anymore, they're average and on their knees, no-one, absolutely no-one should fear going to Old Trafford at this current moment, they're there for the taking and we (as in the team and set up) were negative, as a fanbase most fans I spoke to were in high spirits and confident we'd go there and get something yesterday but negative tactics got threw back in our faces, we seems scared, fuck the fearless tag of 2015/16 ever since we've largly been fearful.

I expected (it's the wrong word but to quote you) a 2-1 win yesterday, as I said expected is the wrong word, maybe predicted, hoped, I was confident, cocky perhaps, look where that got us, a reality check has been took, have we improved that much, with this quality at our disposal, has much changed? Hmmm i'd say marginly, we're not using it to anywhere near its potential let's put it that way. So I think people have now been took down a few pegs and let's just play things down again, ultimately (And I know it doesn't work this simple) but Tottenham are streets ahead of Man Utd at this current moment and if we were so negative and scared against that current Man Utd team I can't see how we'll be any better against Tottenham, that is where the 'pessimistic and negative' posts are coming from.

Hindsights a wonderful thing, had we gone there, attacked, tried to play positive football and got a new arsehole ripped we'd all be saying we should have been cautious but negative football is no good for anyone and it goes without saying casuses frustration, negativity and pessimism. There's middle ground that needs to be found where we mix styles up abit, become abit of the unknown, teams questioning what they're gonna get against us, at the moment we're anything but unpredictable and far too predictable.

The other day on a national sport show they had predictions for the weekend with four on the panel. Three away wins and a draw were the predictions for ours.

We weren't stupid to think we could get something. A lot of neutrals thought we would and the Redcafe thread had more predict us to win than them.

We had the total wrong attitude from the off. We didn't look at any point like we believed we could win.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

Spurs are annoyingly consistent unlike Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. They'll comfortably finish 3rd and will probably beat us. 

1-2

Maddison for us, Kane brace for them.

They're not at all. I do think they are better than those three though.

They've not won a league away game since January and that frankly terrifies me.

Choudhury is slightly less limited than N'didi technically, slightly less good at doing what N'didi specializes in.  It's silly to talk of "Hamza just need to push the ball forward more" - it's simply not something he's capable of.  There's a 90% overlap between his game and Wilf's, and to be brutally honest while they're both good footballers neither is so good that their name should be an automatic on the team sheet.  They can't play together plain and simple, and if they do we're going to be a punchless, ineffective side.