Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, sm1 said:

It's a matter of mentality as well as physique. David Silva & Vardy are two of the puniest players around but rarely get pushed off the ball. I think the likes of Maddison and Perez can stay on their feet if they want, but their first reaction is to collapse in a heap. 

With Vardy, his electric pace cannot be compromised and his game does not rely on his lightweight build. I think you will find that Silva is far from puny , just short. Anyway the Man. City quick passing game is designed to nullify their lack of stature but we are not at that level yet.

28 minutes ago, sm1 said:

It's a matter of mentality as well as physique. David Silva & Vardy are two of the puniest players around but rarely get pushed off the ball. I think the likes of Maddison and Perez can stay on their feet if they want, but their first reaction is to collapse in a heap. 

Me too, sadly it's part and parcel of the modern game. Players go down far to easily, it needs to be outlawed.

I think we're seeing why Southgate doesn't think he's good enough for the England team....And you would have to agree with him.

12 months ago I was fed up of all the Grealish love in whilst watching any Championship game on the telly, but the reality? He's miles ahead of Maddison right now.

Too greedy and selfish.

Constantly looking to make himself the game winner so he can get a 9/10 rating in the papers the next day.

Doesn't realize that he's the main reason we look so disjointed in attack, he holds onto the ball too long.

Needs to learn from Praet in that sometimes being a 6/10 or 7/10 and just providing the basics in a game is how you contribute to winning it.

The reality, if Maddison doesn't score or assist, he's just what he was yesterday, playing with 10 men.

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

I think we're seeing why Southgate doesn't think he's good enough for the England team....And you would have to agree with him.

12 months ago I was fed up of all the Grealish love in whilst watching any Championship game on the telly, but the reality? He's miles ahead of Maddison right now.

Too greedy and selfish.

Constantly looking to make himself the game winner so he can get a 9/10 rating in the papers the next day.

Doesn't realize that he's the main reason we look so disjointed in attack, he holds onto the ball too long.

Needs to learn from Praet in that sometimes being a 6/10 or 7/10 and just providing the basics in a game is how you contribute to winning it.

The reality, if Maddison doesn't score or assist, he's just what he was yesterday, playing with 10 men.

Thing is Jimmy is our playmaker so he has to think creatively but is he just following Rodgers instructions. Is Rodgers limiting his abilities particularly his long ball skills.

Madders is a very good player. Not a great player as he hasn't earned that accolade/adjective that's used too liberally today. He has annoying traits such as looking at himself in the mirror, hairstyles etc. but heh I can put up with that if his play is good enough! His deliveries need working on from corners and his free kick quality has dipped quite a bit since December last year. His work rate has improved since last year but he has developed a habit of falling over too easily when tackled. 

Needs to get back on his bike, deliver the ball much quicker when he can and get a bit of confidence back. I'd still have him in the team every time though 'cos he's got the x-factor.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is Jimmy is our playmaker so he has to think creatively but is he just following Rodgers instructions. Is Rodgers limiting his abilities particularly his long ball skills.

Taking the shot, or taking so much time looking for the shot and then losing the ball instead of playing the correct pass, are neither examples of Rodgers trying to 'limit' Maddison.

If anything it is the opposite, and i'm convinced Maddison should be the next player dropped and Tielemans taking his place. Give the Anderlecht duo a chance together as 8's, because Maddison needs dropping on current form.

He's doing exactly what Grealish was doing 2-3 years ago. Strolling around, making wrong decisions and making them slowly too.....

Miles behind Grealish at this point.

The reality is, he's performing no better than under Puel.

The emergence of Soyuncu, the monsterous Ndidi and Vardy's resurgence are the main differences Rodgers has made to this side since his still relatively short appointment.

Maddison has stood still, and thus appears to have regressed. He's fortunate that Tielemans has too been poor this season, otherwise it would likely be him sitting on the bench and not the Belgian.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

he is definitely regressing.

Too many tumbles to the ground, and also holds onto the ball too long, he should have scored vs burnley or at the very least worked the keeper, vardy laid it to him on a plate.

Regressing? Is it possible to regress over the course of 6 games, bearing in mind we won the previous 8 and are 3rd in the league

He's hit a rough patch of form that is all, like most of the squad

Next you'll be saying Vardys legs have gone if he doesn't get 30 by the end of the season

• 2 weeks later...

Decent player when things are going well, weak when the game gets physical.

Not saying he’s a bad player by any means, but massively over rated, if Man U offered anywhere near 100 mill that’s being banded around, I would snap their hands off, he’s good but has so much to improve in his game