Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

Maddison outshone Grealish big style, Grealish ain’t actually that good, especially when he isn’t given the pathetic dives he makes!

Maddison was frustrating in the sense of blazing over a couple of times but he was good today and it’s a lot more difficult for him trying to score because he has about 5-6 players trying to block his shots! The guy is quality so get behind him, there been times when he has done my head in, he ain’t done a lot wrong today other than skied two shots!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

After reading some of the comments on here I couldn’t blame Maddison for walking out at the first opportunity, some of our fans are pathetic. I wonder if Villa have a similar percentage of bellends who give Grealish shit every time Villa don’t win a match?

The people giving Maddison shit are probably the same ones who hated on Mahrez and criticised him for leaving. I can see why Mahrez left now as the fans didn’t deserve him.

i don’t blame players for not giving a club loyalty with the treatment they get off some fans. Loyalty is a two wAy street.

Probably the only fan to sympathise with Mahrez. That was a completely different set of circumstances (seeing as he went AWOL and sulked like a petulant little child when his club say NO) so you can't compare the two.

People are just lashing out tonight in what is still the heat of the moment. Heads will cool overnight and maybe start dissecting this performance a bit logically rather than spouting knee jerk criticisms.

Maddison was good yesterday, but until he becomes more ruthless in front of goal he won't go to the next level. That's the difference between him and Grealish at the minute, I think Grealish is more consistent currently but Maddison as another level to go to, I don't think Grealish has. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

After reading some of the comments on here I couldn’t blame Maddison for walking out at the first opportunity, some of our fans are pathetic. I wonder if Villa have a similar percentage of bellends who give Grealish shit every time Villa don’t win a match?

The people giving Maddison shit are probably the same ones who hated on Mahrez and criticised him for leaving. I can see why Mahrez left now as the fans didn’t deserve him.

i don’t blame players for not giving a club loyalty with the treatment they get off some fans. Loyalty is a two wAy street.

100%. Some of our fans are absolute weapons 

• Like 1

He had a good game last night, he was creative and had plenty of chances. I was particularly impressed with how he picked the ball up a drove and their back four. The only criticism was he could have scored, but two outstanding saves denied him. 

I'd have him over Grealish, more to his game. 

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness I think Iheanacho had a good game, he was just isolated. Most times he got the ball something either got done or almost got done

the issue is that most of our players, individually, played alright. it's just nobody is capable of seeing that when we've lost, we have to annihilate them. 

iheanacho did well enough and scored (although was a bit rubbish at the end of the first half), barnes had his man on toast every time he ran forwards and did very well for the goal, maddison was everywhere and should've scored a couple etc. etc. 

• Like 1

Jim White just said in Talk Sport that Maddison was pushed over last night after the game. I could insert a joke about him falling over at the drop of a hat but now’s not the time, it must’ve been pretty scary for him. 

• Like 1

I can't for the life of me understand people who reckon Grealish had a better game than Maddison. I don't recall him doing anything particularly wrong but what is it he did that was so brilliant? He spent most of the match camped with his side behind the ball. Maddison could have had a hat-trick in the first 10mins but for 2 great saves. He had a few other chances aswell which he should have done better with I suppose which takes a bit of the shine off his performance. This considered though how the heck is Grealish taking the plaudits?

(tell a lie, Grealish missed a fairly easy opportunity putting his shot wide at the near post).

Maddison did ok last night but if you’d of given the same opportunities to Grealish that Maddison missed, he’s walking away with the match ball, Grealish is stronger and I know he chucks himself to the floor but no more than Maddison, given the choice of the two to have in the team I’d take Grealish all day long.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxoffice said:

Maddison did ok last night but if you’d of given the same opportunities to Grealish that Maddison missed, he’s walking away with the match ball, Grealish is stronger and I know he chucks himself to the floor but no more than Maddison, given the choice of the two to have in the team I’d take Grealish all day long.

how many shots did grealish have last night …. they played different roles for their teams but shooting from outside the box or the edge of the box with a mass of people in front of you isn't a good chance ….

Maddison was fine last night …… on another day he would have had two goals and been lauded ….. sh1t happens

madders needs to spend some time in the gym - jack has a year on him !   would love grealish here - different player to madders 

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

Great footballer has skill and intelligence . He has two weaknesses , no real pace ( not something he can do too much about ) and he is too skinny ( must do something about that). The pace thing is not really a problem , many great players have not been that quick but if he wants to reach the very top he needs to bulk up.

He’s much more than Grealish... Grealish is playing for a counter attacking team and will often get the ball in space with only a few persons in front of him! And yes Maddison goes down easily but Grealish is probably 2-3 times more blatant at this and that’s because he hasn’t got the talent of Maddison.

I personally see them playing completely different positions. Maddison your CM/CAM whereas Grealish more a wide player in a front three higher up the pitch

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gerard said:

deserves every single rep,you get...!!!  

Maddison & Grealish are both the Type of Player we Need to See in the PL.  Though Grealish can sometimes Enjoy the Shinji position too often,The floor!!!

Maddison is the positive that keeps the  tact plus frontfoot Balance of our team .We Need him to Stay a couple of seasons if we want to Stay and Play in the higher echolons of the PL.

Also...I have Never and will never understand  any booing,especially from this season....!!!

• Like 1

Maddison falls to the ground and then puts his arms up in disbelief but Grealish falls to the ground, doesn't get the free kick and then starts jumping up and down like a 2 year old who didn't get his sweets!!  Both are good players but if I were a neutral I would go for maddison over Girlish.  Girlish is a type of player who you only like if he plays for your team(Savage) but Maddison doesn't seem to have many haters from other clubs!

He was very good last night, great saves in the first half, a few poor efforts but got himself in to the right position time and again so all positive really. I do think the grealish v Madison debate is a very valid one, grealish certainly outshines Madison in certain areas and vice versa, I think England should take both of them over mount and Ali to the Euros.