Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

1 hour ago, Slab Edd said:

He's not creating anything, taking shots from afar when all you have to do is put in a simple pass for your teammate is stupid. And he's been doing it alot lately

Did you miss this from @RumbleFox...... 

Maddison has the joint top number of through balls in the league (level with KdB). Grealish not even in top 20. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Now watch him stupidly get banned or fined for speaking out.

When I say stupidly, I mean the decision to ban him, not him for saying something.

At the end of the day he feels as hard done by as we do and there's nothing wrong with that. Especially when there's a final at stake.

Ist Football livelyhoods,and career progress. Plus VAR infolge them directly,playing wise...Players should be allowed to speak....So long as it is Not Directely personal...

Or are the gone to ground despots,dictators,alive & Kicking in the FA/PL.   

I was hoping somehow we Brits might be a Bit more forward than the  🙈🙉🙊 at FIFA

50 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Is Maddison selfish, or just full of confidence?

Fans moan when we keep passing the ball sidewards and sidewards, then they moan when someone has a go and misses. It's like unless you score a goal, you took the wrong decision.

I think Maddison is full of confidence and believes in his ability, he was very good on Tuesday, just unlucky. Should have scored if it wasn't for a fantastic save or two, should have created a penalty. Yes, a couple of shots went astray but he is having a go and trying to change the game. He still passes and creates.

Fans seem to just like moaning regardless. It seems more enjoyable for some to moan than try and look at the positive aspects of a player. 

Madders is an incredible player, if any Leicester fan can come up with a midfielder like him who is always 100% and never makes the wrong choice who would actually sign here than fair play, but they can't can they. 

He'll **** off one day and we'll sign another player not as good as him who also has aspects of his game that needs work, that's because its the level of club that we are. 

People expect perfection, it's not ****ing happening. 

I don't think Maddison was selfish with his chances the other night, his finishing style gives keepers a chance though sometimes, one in particular he shouldn't have given the keeper a chance to save it. Tries to be to precise with technique and skies some too easy.

He works on his finishing he could be pushing 15-20 goals a season in a good team.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Slab Edd said:

He's not creating anything, taking shots from afar when all you have to do is put in a simple pass for your teammate is stupid. And he's been doing it alot lately

Yep slack him off 

He is shit 

Doesnt create, doesnt score, takes shots from his own penalty area, doesnt pass 

Sell him on the cheap and buy someone half decent 

:nigel:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Slab Edd said:

If he scored I've had pardoned him because talking about it would end up with me being crucified. I'd have still thought about it in my mind,also

What stats? He has less goal contributions than Barnes,Perez and iheanacho. I get it, he's young,he's English ,you all have a soft spot for that nonsense. I don't, and RN all he's contributing to us is increasing the shots per match count 

Whilst his stats are not what we all might hope I think you’re being slightly harsh on him and maybe focusing more on the perceived negatives through a mild case of conformation bias. He’s creating chances for teammates better than anyone in our squad. In fact, in the entire premier league he’s created the fourth most amount of chances this season. And two of those above him are amongst the world’s best players (KdB and TAA). He’s also created more chances than Grealish whilst playing slightly fewer minutes. As I said, he needs to deliver more assists but he’s creating lots of chances and some of the criticism on here is demonstrably over the top. X

Edited by RumbleFox

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think Maddison was selfish with his chances the other night, his finishing style gives keepers a chance though sometimes, one in particular he shouldn't have given the keeper a chance to save it. Tries to be to precise with technique and skies some too easy.

He works on his finishing he could be pushing 15-20 goals a season in a good team.

The one he skied Vs Villa, when you watch the replay it's not his fault. The ball from Tielemans comes in way too hot and doesn't give Maddison the time to adjust his feet for a first time shot.

18 hours ago, koop. said:

Yep slack him off 

He is shit 

Doesnt create, doesnt score, takes shots from his own penalty area, doesnt pass 

Sell him on the cheap and buy someone half decent 

Criticising a player when he is doing something wrong is good, he had ten shots against villa, 2 only on target,if you don't see a problem here then I do not know anymore I just don't. Didn't even say he was a bad player. I just want him to pass more

17 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Whilst his stats are not what we all might hope I think you’re being slightly harsh on him and maybe focusing more on the perceived negatives through a mild case of conformation bias. He’s creating chances for teammates better than anyone in our squad. In fact, in the entire premier league he’s created the fourth most amount of chances this season. And two of those above him are amongst the world’s best players (KdB and TAA). He’s also created more chances than Grealish whilst playing slightly fewer minutes. As I said, he needs to deliver more assists but he’s creating lots of chances and some of the criticism on here is demonstrably over the top. X

He had ten shots...ten, I can't imagine how many it is over the whole two legs...his trigger finger is happy..

I can't find any extended highlights of the match

But if you remember well it was 2v2  with Maddison and iheanacho vs their CBs ,iheanacho made a decent run,checked back inside about twice so he could get a pass,what Maddison do?

Drive forward and misses comically wide.

I do not care if you think I am slating him,that's not my problem,if you refuse to see the problem until it's staring you right in the face then hey-ho. You do you

19 minutes ago, Slab Edd said:

I can't find any extended highlights of the match

But if you remember well it was 2v2  with Maddison and iheanacho vs their CBs ,iheanacho made a decent run,checked back inside about twice so he could get a pass,what Maddison do?

Drive forward and misses comically wide.

I do not care if you think I am slating him,that's not my problem,if you refuse to see the problem until it's staring you right in the face then hey-ho. You do you

What's Ghana like?

1 hour ago, Slab Edd said:

He had ten shots...ten, I can't imagine how many it is over the whole two legs...his trigger finger is happy..

Good point, well made but it doesn’t really address my point. Yes he had a lot of shots but you seem to be basing his entire season on two games? You have stated he needs to create more chances. The stats prove he has created more than any other players bar 3 in the entire league this season. Could he be better? Of course. Should he have more assists? Yes. Am I saying he’s perfect, of course not. I’m simply stating you’re criticism of him seems unfair and you seem to be stubbornly ignoring the facts. 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Good point, well made but it doesn’t really address my point. Yes he had a lot of shots but you seem to be basing his entire season on two games? You have stated he needs to create more chances. The stats prove he has created more than any other players bar 3 in the entire league this season. Could he be better? Of course. Should he have more assists? Yes. Am I saying he’s perfect, of course not. I’m simply stating you’re criticism of him seems unfair and you seem to be stubbornly ignoring the facts. 

Do set pieces count for chances created also, because if they do then um...I'm sorry I can't exactly take that stat in good faith. 

Also no I'm not basing it off two games,he's actually been more eager to shoot than pass this season,sometimes it works(Spurs and west ham)so I genuinely can't complain otherwise I will get crucified. I'm not saying he's a bad player,just a bit selfish this season and that honestly has to change

On 30/01/2020 at 09:50, RowlattsFox said:

Agree with this. Sometimes I think he tries to score with a "pretty" shot when he would have been better off to have put his foot through the ball. The keeper would have had no chance to save 2 of the shots if they'd been struck just a bit harder.

4 hours ago, Slab Edd said:

Do set pieces count for chances created also, because if they do then um...I'm sorry I can't exactly take that stat in good faith. 

Also no I'm not basing it off two games,he's actually been more eager to shoot than pass this season,sometimes it works(Spurs and west ham)so I genuinely can't complain otherwise I will get crucified. I'm not saying he's a bad player,just a bit selfish this season and that honestly has to change

A set piece that create a chance would count as a chance created obviously.  He’s a wee bit selfish sometimes but he’s demonstrably, empirically over the last two seasons one of the most creative players in the league. Last season he created more chances than anyone else. You’re obviously allowed to criticise but you have to accept some people, and facts, might challenge you. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Slab Edd said:

Why should set pieces not count?

He's demonstrably brilliant from them and they're one of the reasons we're one of the best sides at attacking set pieces in the league.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

A set piece that create a chance would count as a chance created obviously.  He’s a wee bit selfish sometimes but he’s demonstrably, empirically over the last two seasons one of the most creative players in the league. Last season he created more chances than anyone else. You’re obviously allowed to criticise but you have to accept some people, and facts, might challenge you. X

I guess, ultimately I just want what's better for the team, which is him passing more. 

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why should set pieces not count?

He's demonstrably brilliant from them and they're one of the reasons we're one of the best sides at attacking set pieces in the league.

Because I wasn't on about his set pieces, he takes literally every set piece we have of course he's gonna be in high numbers. A better creative stat would be his open play play-making which is why I made the criticism in the first place

9 hours ago, Slab Edd said:

Criticising a player when he is doing something wrong is good, he had ten shots against villa, 2 only on target,if you don't see a problem here then I do not know anymore I just don't. Didn't even say he was a bad player. I just want him to pass more

Good idea to shift him out to the wing.

He appeared to be marked out of the game from the start and our players had difficulty finding him when central as he had Kante near him. 

Looked to get more of the ball when put out on to the left and showed some decent touches to break free in to their half and start attacks.

Should have had an assist if Evans got his free header on target in to the top corner. Was hoping he'd bang in the free kick but not to be.

I’m far from a FIFA fanboy but I thought this was a good interview which was released a few days ago. It gives some insight into a few of our players and there is an interesting bit at the end where he said “Puel and Soyuncu were worlds apart from having an English conversation”. Not surprising and it isn’t a dig at Puel but I think Maddison comes across well once again

• Thanks 1