Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

you just can’t play 4-3-3 with liverpool’s galavanting full backs. aswell as expecting our own fullbacks to get forward and not have any width to cover for them.

And then, to make matters worse you put an attacking CM on the left wing and we wonder why Chilly was exposed so much.

I just can’t hold Madders responsible for his performance today.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but Rodgers has dropped an absolute clanger today - i’m amazed a manager of his calibre didn’t foresee any of this.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Maddison and Tielemans both need dropping, almost every pass Maddison played was behind the man and Tielemans kept want to stop and turn all the time instead of driving with the ball, in games vs Liverpool and Man City we simply cannot play both of them

Edited by Jimmy

1 minute ago, MPH said:

you just can’t play 4-3-3 with liverpool’s galavanting full backs. aswell as expecting our own fullbacks to get forward and not have and width to cover for them.

And then, to make matters worse you put an attacking CM on the left wing and we wonder why Chilly was exposed so much.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but Rodgers has dropped an absolute clanger today - i’m amazed a manager of his calibre didn’t foresee any of this.

Not like it wasn’t coming either. Same thing happened against Man City.

10 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Not like it wasn’t coming either. Same thing happened against Man City.

agreed. Pep has to get some credit.  i bet Klopp was licking his lips seeing how they devoured chillwell. chillwell is an excellent  LB but he can’t be expected to deal with Salah AND Alexander-Arnold surely? ASWELL  as being expected to get forward.

Chillwell has every right to feel frustrated tonight. In fact they all do.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

you just can’t play 4-3-3 with liverpool’s galavanting full backs. aswell as expecting our own fullbacks to get forward and not have any width to cover for them.

I think Lee Dixon pointed this out

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

Completely agree with all of this. I know everyone is an expert after the game but genuinely, this is exactly what I thought would happen when I saw the formation and the line up. To make exactly the same mistake he made against Man City in literally the next game? Poor. It meant Klopp just needed to follow Guardiola's blueprint and it was job done. Easy.

Really feel for Ben in that respect. However, not moving with the defensive line for their first was really poor.

• Like 1

Madders n tilly in front of N'Didi with two wingers worked well enough earlier in the season, sticking Madders on the wing, if that was where he was playing does not work that well and Praet was where, really could not tell what his position was last night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

So I opened up a panini sticker book today for the first time in years. And found myself laughing at the Norwich page, anyone found something a little off with the picture they used? 

Screenshot_20200104_214356.jpg

James let me have your swaps. 

• 2 weeks later...