Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

He’ll always be decent but he’s not gonna push it to the next level because he’s not a big game player. Don’t get me wrong, James Maddison is a fantastic footballer but if you were to ask me who I would want on my team in a winner takes all game between Grealish and Maddison, I’m taking Grealish every time.

Grealish is a winner and comes good in big games. Maddison doesn’t have that mental ability, he’s missed numerous penalties, he’s gone missing in big games at times and isn’t clinical enough to get the ball in the net when it matters. 

He’s a quality player and we are lucky to have him, but with a choice, I’d swap him for Grealish in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I don't get this obsession with declaring either better than the other, they're both fantastic players and it'd be great to see them in the same team. They're very different players playing in very different teams

Would be a very weak midfield, both fall over at a slight touch 😂

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It might be an overreaction but I’m starting to think Grealish is actually better than Maddison.

Carries the ball much better, more direct and better defensively.

tbf it’s much easier to carry a ball 50 yards when your team is always under pressure. you literally just have to run in a straight line. 

maddison gets the ball and is surrounded by about 4 players, 30 yards out, over and over again. 

Maddison has had a very good season, tonight was one of his games where he seems to be trying to shoot at every opportunity rather than assess the situation. Grealish is not twice the player he is, Maddison has still been very effective and as Scouse says, is a marked player usually.

He needs to cut out the going to ground, needs to consider his options more at times but when he's on form we're a much better team.

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf it’s much easier to carry a ball 50 yards when your team is always under pressure. you literally just have to run in a straight line. 

maddison gets the ball and is surrounded by about 4 players, 30 yards out, over and over again. 

That’s fair, I just don’t think Maddison would have the same impact in their team but we will never know.

Giving Madders shit is pretty hilarious lol he’s a keeper having a worldie away from being on the front page tomorrow! 

One thing I’ve not seen enough of this season is the gaffer getting stick, we wouldn’t be in this position if he hasn’t gone full mental with the tactics in the first leg. He also picked the wrong Belgian in midfield today, Praet is probably our most in form player in the last month! Similarly Cags was knackered because for some reason he played Saturday!! 

He’s worked wonders yes. But some of the decision making over the last month has been baffling. And the lack of desire to add much needed bodies this month could damage us over the next few months! 

Don’t just criticise players, there’s fault elsewhere too at present; and it’s probably just a blip!