Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluebeau

Bernie?

I was obviously used to seeing him at matches and have a few stories from that, but i had a surreal moment when i visited Loughborough on a Tuesday, and i just hear a bunch of men shouting all sorts of expletives across the road. Low and behold i look over and Bernie is shouting WE HATE NOTTINGHAM SCUM to these men. Dressed in all his usual matchday clothes and one of his stuffed carrier bags. The man never stopped. Hope he never will lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

So the chap who visits Bernie in his care home has posted a message saying that  he thinks Bernie has paid his last visit to the King power. Basically age is catching up with him.:(

Bernie has always loved Leicester City!:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Leicesters first Ultra!

Edited by MPH
  • Sad 5

Well if he doesn't see us play again live he's had a great Leicester City watching career. 

He definitely saw us win the Premier League as he was there for the Charity Shield game the August after. 

He was there first in the queue and was wearing a Leicester City Kings Crown. 

I wonder how many Bernie stories there are out there? 

I mentioned before that I caught him when he fell off a wall at Blackpool - I quickly put him down though 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

So the chap who visits Bernie in his care home has posted a message saying that  he thinks Bernie has paid his last visit to the King power. Basically age is catching up with him.:(

Leicesters first Ultra!

Bless him, always saw him week in week out, even at the away days! Shame he is unable to make it but I hope he is still able to watch/listen and soak it in…. And continue to bother Nottingham folk! 

• Like 2

On 08/11/2021 at 18:37, MPH said:

Leicesters first Ultra!

Wonder if there was even an under 23 match he could attend there when there aren't many fans about in case he wants a final visit in a less stressful environment. Know it wouldnt be the same but still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Wonder if there was even an under 23 match he could attend there when there aren't many fans about in case he wants a final visit in a less stressful environment. Know it wouldnt be the same but still.

great idea!

• Thanks 1

On 08/11/2021 at 18:37, MPH said:

Leicesters first Ultra!

18 hours ago, Nalis said:

That's actually a brilliant idea @Nalis and something I might be able to help with - my grandparents have a box at the ground which can be used for Under 23 games (we don't use it for these so it just sits empty - as do most of the boxes). I'm sure my grandparents would be happy to let him use the box for one of those games. If there's anyone on here who has any contact with Bernie or his carers, feel free to pitch this idea to them. It would give the option to watch the game either out in the stands or from behind the glass, inside the box where it would be nice and warm.

I know the majority of the U-23 games take place at the new training ground these days, but i'm sure they still have the occasional one at the stadium, right?

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Thanks 1

Bernie should have a last game. Chauffeur driven car (probably hate it), VIP box (probably hate that too). Club should sort it. 

The guy has grown from the stinking, embarrassingly grotesque to a true legend of LCFC. He was always there, mouldering, yelling, muttering - but supporting in his own unique way. It was always kind of weird when you didn’t see him. He was just a part of the day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

I wonder if he'd want his his ashes, when that time comes, to be spread in the memorial garden at the side of the ground?

Obviously that's a personal thing for him and any family to decide but it just entered my head. 

probably spread in the faces of forest fans would be more bernies way!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

That's actually a brilliant idea @Nalis and something I might be able to help with - my grandparents have a box at the ground which can be used for Under 23 games (we don't use it for these so it just sits empty - as do most of the boxes). I'm sure my grandparents would be happy to let him use the box for one of those games. If there's anyone on here who has any contact with Bernie or his carers, feel free to pitch this idea to them. It would give the option to watch the game either out in the stands or from behind the glass, inside the box where it would be nice and warm.

I know the majority of the U-23 games take place at the new training ground these days, but i'm sure they still have the occasional one at the stadium, right?

I’ll email the suggestion to the guy who goes and visits him and see what he says. I can then put you guys in touch if that’s ok, @TiffToff88? Of course it all depends where they play the games these days..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I’ll email the suggestion to the guy who goes and visits him and see what he says. I can then put you guys in touch if that’s ok, @TiffToff88? Of course it all depends where they play the games these days..

Yeah that's fine. Although I've just checked the U-23's fixture list and it looks like the only game at the stadium this season isn't until April (Vs Man U)

• 1 month later...