Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

8 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Well as per my recent post I don't know much about him and still don't know his height. i can't find it listed. But I do know we list him as MF and  I did watch the video of his goal for Blackpool someone just posted today and had read the posts about his performances at Blackpool and Luton. I would think is if we get desperate he's worth looking into as a striker and Harvey Barnes I think is pretty well there. JV is only 5 10 so I'd be hopeful .

Listen mate, it's starting to read like you're just hammering the middle option on your predictive text, whacking a bit of punctuation in and hoping for the best so I'm going to bow out of this conversation but all the best man. Take care. 

• Haha 2

Has anybody considered what would happen if Schmeichel got injured?

With Iversen going out on loan and Jakupovic apparently not trusted, we need to recall Sir Keir Dewberry-Horlicks from Melchester Rovers quickly to provide much needed cover in goal.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Has anybody considered what would happen if Schmeichel got injured?

With Iversen going out on loan and Jakupovic apparently not trusted, we need to recall Sir Keir Dewberry-Horlicks from Melchester Rovers quickly to provide much needed cover in goal.

I've heard that Scottish lad Nelson is left handed, maybe he can fill in for the kitman if needed. 

1 hour ago, Alan Frost said:

Well as per my recent post I don't know much about him and still don't know his height. i can't find it listed. But I do know we list him as MF and  I did watch the video of his goal for Blackpool someone just posted today and had read the posts about his performances at Blackpool and Luton. I would think is if we get desperate he's worth looking into as a striker and Harvey Barnes I think is pretty well there. JV is only 5 10 so I'd be hopeful .

Salah,Mane,Aguero,Fernandez,Solsjkaer,Scholes ,Owen.....

I could go through 100s, Not Groups of ten10s, of top strikers that  have come in at at a fighting height of 1,73-1,79

This forum Really goes OTT and Grind out totally irrelevant Physical Stats on players. All those Player have Scored regular with their head...I

Thats Why there were alot of negative tosh forum statements on our crosses into the box...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

Snowflakes look away, we wont miss him. A squad player at best.

Sorry Dennis:surrender:

Obviously i wish him a speedy and full recovery.

He carried us through with Tielemans early part of the season before Madders came back. He did well. Some of us would argue he is a better partner (than Madders) to Tielemans and fits in better in terms of team chemistry. Since Madders came back, as some may say predicted, we have been inconsistent though Madders staying up as No. 10 and being more disciplined about it has helped Tielemans to play better (still Praet is a better partner and helps the flow better, but for his injury).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Leave KDH at Luton. He can play but reality is Rodgers will still have Madders, Perez, Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, Tielemans and KDH will not get much game time. KDH needs a run of games and first team football at 22.

The problem is not so much numbers, the problem is, do we really want to see any combination of N'Didi, Mendy or Hamza in the same team?

That leaves Tielemans and Maddison,  We need more depth than that.  I would expect KDH to get plenty of minutes if recalled, even without further injuries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mehrez said:

‘TalkSport’ transfer guy, genuinely never heard of him. I’ll let @UpTheLeagueFox vouch for him.

Alex Crook is very well connected, the best of all our reporters.

KDH wasn't in the matchday squad for the FA Cup and one might draw a conclusion from that that we might consider a recall.

It wouldn't be completely straightforward though because of how the loan deal was set up.

• Thanks 2

Puel recalled Barnes from West Brom and threw him straight into the first team. Can see KDH being recalled and getting serious minutes here with FA Cup, Europa League and Premier League heavy schedule coming up.

This KDH we're expecting to get loads of game time because Praet has been injured? The same lad who is behind Hamza and hasn't played all but a minute for us this season even though wilf has been missing? Even hamza has played about 10 minutes for us (hyperbole) this season with loads of injuries. Or am I missing something? 

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

This KDH we're expecting to get loads of game time because Praet has been injured? The same lad who is behind Hamza and hasn't played all but a minute for us this season even though wilf has been missing? Even hamza has played about 10 minutes for us (hyperbole) this season with loads of injuries. Or am I missing something? 

Everything?

KDH effectively plays a very different position from Hamza.  He doesn't have two guys directly blocking him.  He's had an extraordinarily successful half-season on loan, while Hamza has been an intermittent bomb scare.  We have no depth at creative MF if we don't sign one, so unless there's no squad rotation at all (and even for Rodgers that's impossible) KDH would have to play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Puel recalled Barnes from West Brom and threw him straight into the first team. Can see KDH being recalled and getting serious minutes here with FA Cup, Europa League and Premier League heavy schedule coming up.

Barnes had a lot to thank Puel for, as it turns out. Because of this, when Rodgers came in, Barnes was in the first team and continued to give him a run of games. As most managers do, when they first come in, they tend to stick to the then first team for a while before making changes. As Barnes was already in, as it so happened, it gave him a head start and he did well to stay on.

I think we should bring KDH back if we have that option as part of the loan deal. We'll need an extra midfielder with Praet being out.

We saw what happened last season when we didn't have enough squad depth. He should get plenty of game time with us still competing in three competitions.

He's one of our own.....

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 2