Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Fvck me. IF it is 3 months, that's terrible news. 

Even if it's not that long, you can tell it's quite serious when a player pulls up like that. They know straight away it's a bad one. 

Wish him luck in his recovery, whether it's a few weeks or a few months. Hopefully we can see him back in action before the end of the season. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but maybe it's one of those where you only miss it when it's gone. When you see how he's deputised when we've had injuries so far, he becomes valuable. 

Before, I wasn't keen on recalling KDH as he's having a good time of it at Luton and confidence is high. However, now I wouldn't be so averse to it. Could fill in and at least we know we'd have a player ready to step in if needed. Especially for cup/EL and perhaps some PL games. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Praet has started 2 of our last 9 league games he needs minutes to stay sharp. 

Yes, understand that. Praet getting badly injured was just an example of risking any key players in the least important competition we're currently competing in..

It could have been Tielemans, Fofana, Barnes injured in that game...if it was we don't have quality cover in any of their positions.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

We'll see..

Glad you have confidence in the depth of our squad to compete in 3 competitions and that we can just brush aside losing the likes of Praet for several PL games.

Maddison is already nursing an injury and all it needs is for him to be sidelined then who comes in?

We're back to the problems that cost us CL football !

Ok, Praet could have got the injury playing a league game or in training or playing with his dog in the back garden etc.. but he didn't, he got it against Stoke in an FA Cup match.

Don't care what you say.. the PL and Europa should be the club's priorities and key players should of been rested/protected against the likes of Stoke City in a domestic cup competition.

Why are you arsed about CL football? If we ever got it again you'd probably just want to rest players to concentrate on the league.

57 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Would you walk off like he did if he had a torn his hamstring that badly?

Yes you can, adrenaline! He went straight down the tunnel and was being immediately treated and strapped up. He also seemed in pain and discomfort. As with any muscular injury pain, bruising and swelling often feels worse in the hours and immediate days afterwards. Gutted for him if it is torn as he was just finding his feet and confidence again in that second half.  I'm sure the club will officially update soon. Fingers crossed for him 🤞

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why are you arsed about CL football? If we ever got it again you'd probably just want to rest players to concentrate on the league.

Now you're just being silly 😂😂.

F A Cup or CL?...

Ummm.. let me give it some thought and I'll get back to you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Sports Pissness are claiming the Belgian Press are claiming - torn ligament and out for 3 months:ph34r:.  Not sure the Club have said anything yet?

I’m sure LCFC Family twitter page has been on this thread, taken this post and tweeted it as ‘info’ lol

• Haha 1

Need another body if this is true. We're one injury away from lining up with ndidi and mendy in the same team, or seeing albrighton play as an 8.

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

We'll see..

Glad you have confidence in the depth of our squad to compete in 3 competitions and that we can just brush aside losing the likes of Praet for several PL games.

Maddison is already nursing an injury and all it needs is for him to be sidelined then who comes in?

We're back to the problems that cost us CL football !

Ok, Praet could have got the injury playing a league game or in training or playing with his dog in the back garden etc.. but he didn't, he got it against Stoke in an FA Cup match.

Don't care what you say.. the PL and Europa should be the club's priorities and key players should of been rested/protected against the likes of Stoke City in a domestic cup competition.

But you must See by now, Perspectives & opinions differ through the whole spectrum, on this forum...I

So One has to Stand back and Stop being demanding & somewhat bombastic on how you " demand" the path and choices the club/manager should be making..

Winning ,performing & slowly Building it into consistent routine.....makes you eventually  stronger...History of all Sports shows us that...I

Riding the Horse of fear, & Not Facing up, across the season, just Leaves One struggling to Diagnose the over-all Take on how the season is Running or ends.

Protection is Not in profi-or any Level of -sports no vocabulary.....you enter a competition...Then One Faces up and competes......Or whats the use..!!??

Leicester are at the Stage of Building a Reputation & ethos, protect or run away from the challenge, just confuses the routine or reason....

In the future looking back..if we Fall back & dont  compete and Chose the players of the moment....The emptyness would be frustratingly loud.

so far through history, in all sports with all participants through seasons,Shows continualyl competing in your organisations major competition,builds rythme, confidence and importantly gives you more chances to Analyse where you have gone wrong und where you can improve,for the now,later in the season,or even for the Next season....

Sport doesn't Guaranteed One anything, the duty for the paricipants is to Take up the Challenge on more fronts...

More so in Team Sports with squads consistently Changing needs, both  created or forced upon..

putting yoselves in cottonwool...will never,Never work...!!!

One of my coaches humerously named it   " The Soft sofa"  approach...!!  One Cant afford to get comfortable, or Hide behind...:D

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Would you walk off like he did if he had a torn his hamstring that badly?

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Sports Pissness are claiming the Belgian Press are claiming - torn ligament and out for 3 months ..

Well ..   we’ve narrowed it down to somewhere between 2 weeks and 3 months ...   

Well done team ...    keep me posted.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m sure LCFC Family twitter page has been on this thread, taken this post and tweeted it as ‘info’ lol

New up-date

Sports Pissness are claiming the Belgian Press are claiming and now also claimed now by the LCFC Family Twitter page - torn ligament and out for 3 months ......

• Haha 1

I'd rather we look for a replacement for Hamza, for example someone who will be a first/second starter in midfield, someone like Ozan Tufan.

We cannot go 3 months without a seasoned pro and by that I mean someone like KDH who albeit is doing superb in a mid table championship team but is untested at this level and is not the answer. What happened last year? We crashed and burned through 1st team starters getting injured i.e. if madders now got injured etc.

If we are serious about the Top 4 then we must get experience and quality together while we can and keep nurturing KDH until he is ready (poss next year). Praet is going the summer after anyway and madders/tielemans will be wanting their big break in a couple of years. If KDH is willing to play it smart then that is what I hope he and we can do.