Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

15 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Snowflakes look away, we wont miss him. A squad player at best.

Sorry Dennis:surrender:

Obviously i wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Fair few goals and assists across 3 competitions this season that aren't obviously replaceable without always playing Maddison (injury prone) and Tielemans (on the verge of exhaustion). We have no other viable option in midfield right now, perfect for Tavares but even I'm resigned to that never happening. 

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Like with one or two others, I suspect a sustained run in the team with a consistent role and we'd see vast progress. Gutted he's hurt. 

I agree, the second half he was much better and the Belgian connection is clear to see, he needs game time to boost the sharpness and confidence. That's why this is gutting for him if reports are true. To say he is ineffective is garbage. Hopefully it isn't the 3 month that's currently rumoured. Equally gutted as the team was finally all coming back and he was 2 minutes away from the end of the game and no injury 🤦‍♀️ I think the fact he sprinted at that point of the game showed how much that goal would have meant.

I genuinely feel sorry for the lad as that's his season over. But while he's not a bad player, he's not good enough to secure a regular starting place.

And remember he's Brendan's signing, which would usually mean an extended run in the team. Yet clearly Brendan doesn't trust him.

It follows a similar pattern at his previous clubs.  

I just feel we can do better with a more physical type who can also play. 

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Tielemans and Madders get injured we're up the creek anyway.

I think Praet is ineffective and certainly doesnt offer what Tielemans and Madders bring.

Last Saturday's third goal indicated that there's class there - the manner in which he took that ball and then travelled with it was outstanding. He is one of those players who isn't constantly being referred to in match commentaries and sometimes it's hard to pick him up in play. However, he's a more effective player than Choudhury. Perhaps it's a confidence thing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What pattern? What are you talking about? He was absolutely loved at sampdoria and Anderlecht starting practically every game he was fit for. 

I really cant understand the negativity towards him for me and for anyone who understands football this is a huge loss. 

Praet is an unbelievable squad player can play in about 4 different positions is technically good and tactically sound and seems to be a top pro,with international and champions league experience. 

Top Sides need praets and albrightons just as Milner, Barry, Park, butt etc etc etc

Agreed. Dennis is an excellent player. He is just a bit unlucky that he's up against Tielemans, Madders and Wilf for those central midfield slots and they are all slightly better players...doesn't make Dennis any less valuable to us. I also don't understand this logic that if a guy isn't a regular start then he's expendable, what makes a side a Top 4 side is having class players in reserve - we have that with Dennis.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Tielemans and madders get injured we're up the creek anyway.

I think praet is ineffective and certainly doesnt offer what tielemans and madders bring.

Not so black and white, is it? Praet is clearly a better option than Hamza or Mendy if Youri gets injured, and arguably the only squad player that has any chance of doing that sort of job in the team.

36 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What pattern? What are you talking about? He was absolutely loved at sampdoria and Anderlecht starting practically every game he was fit for. 

I really cant understand the negativity towards him for me and for anyone who understands football this is a huge loss. 

Praet is an unbelievable squad player can play in about 4 different positions is technically good and tactically sound and seems to be a top pro,with international and champions league experience. 

Top Sides need praets and albrightons just as Milner, Barry, Park, butt etc etc etc

No he didn't it took him nearly a year or two to get a regular run in the side. Though you could argue that's at the start of his career.

He is a technically good player but just doesn't deliver enough for me. He's too similar to Youri and I just cant see why we bought him.

He's not a victim of being a previous managers choice, He's Brendan's signing yet he hasn't given him a run in the team. Doesn't that tell you something.? He can't even displace Albrighton who's nearing the end of his career here.

He's not a bad player just not good enough for us at this time. 

I just feel we can do better by signing a player who would add to the team now or change a game when brought on. I just don't see Denis doing either.

But I do feel sorry for him with a nasty injury.

What we need is a proper Reserve Team set up involving 1st team squad and development players , They could then get regular planned run outs without suddenly chucking them into a 90min 1st team game.

This would also benefit the development players. Maybe introduce an U21 level to replace the U23s.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Shit! If it's 3 months it's a disaster, he is vital for rotation with so many games. Hope we can sort a short term loan out or bring back KDH.

Hang on, folks, don't panic, don't panic . Our striker cover is a bit thin but in defence its first class and likely to be firster class over the next week or two, incredibly flexible too with Castagne and Justin . Pretty good in midfield too and we have some options as striker even without bringing KDH back in panic. He won't thank anyone for sitting on a bench. Covid may complicate things but I would think a lot of the PL teams are worse placed than us. Our squad is not weak except maybe at the front where we are shorter of options but even here I would n't use the word disaster and we have a very quick option in KDH and it looks Harvey Barnes . True KDH would mean we have to pay Luton a bit but nowhere near new striker money.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Hang on, folks, don't panic, don't panic . Our striker cover is a bit thin but in defence its first class and likely to be firster class over the next week or two, incredibly flexible too with Castagne and Justin . Pretty good in midfield too and we have some options as striker even without bringing KDH back in panic. He won't thank anyone for sitting on a bench. Covid may complicate things but I would think a lot of the PL teams are worse placed than us. Our squad is not weak except maybe at the front where we are shorter of options but even here I would n't use the word disaster and we have a very quick option in KDH and it looks Harvey Barnes . True KDH would mean we have to pay Luton a bit but nowhere near new striker money.

You do know that KDH isn't a striker, right?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You do know that KDH isn't a striker, right?

Nor is Harvey Barnes by standard classifications but they can both give a good enough imitation of one to be reclassified. Goals are n't struck out if a "non -striker " scores them. I'm not sure Gary LIneker was a striker at this stage in his career he certainly had n't been one long. We have n't even seen the medic report on Praet yet.

Edited by Alan Frost

4 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Nor is Harvey Barnes by standard classifications but they can both give a good enough imitation of one to be reclassified. Goals are n't struck out if a "non -striker " scores them.

There is a big differance between a winger like Barnes and a deeply lying  CM like KDH.... 

It's quite clear from your post that you thought he was a striker and that you've maybe mixed him up with someone else or got confused, that's fine mate. It happens but don't try and defend it, it'll just make you look silly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

There is a big differance between a winger like Barnes and a deeply lying  CM like KDH.... 

It's quite clear from your post that you thought he was a striker and that you've maybe mixed him up with someone else or got confused, that's fine mate. It happens but don't try and defend it, it'll just make you look silly. 

Well as per my recent post I don't know much about him and still don't know his height. i can't find it listed. But I do know we list him as MF and  I did watch the video of his goal for Blackpool someone just posted today and had read the posts about his performances at Blackpool and Luton. I would think is if we get desperate he's worth looking into as a striker and Harvey Barnes I think is pretty well there. JV is only 5 10 so I'd be hopeful .

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Well as per my recent post I don't know much about him and still don't know his height. i can't find it listed. But I do know we list him as MF and  I did watch the video of his goal for Blackpool someone just posted today and had read the posts about his performances at Blackpool and Luton. I would think is if we get desperate he's worth looking into as a striker and Harvey Barnes I think is pretty well there. JV is only 5 10 so I'd be hopeful .

F4A93DB8-1E5D-442C-89D4-B79A5C7AB8E9.jpeg

• Haha 2