Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

7 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

The funny thing is if we went back to the 1920s when we beat Portsmouth 10-0 I guarantee no one left early, if that happened today Rodgers and the players would still be applauding a half empty stadium.

I bet in the 1920s the players clapped the fans straight away instead of cuddling each other and having a little chat amongst themselves first.

I'd be more concerned Newcastle were out singing us.

Edited by Fox92

37 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

My dad needed a piss. Hope thats ok with you all.

If you need to leave then fine - my problem is with people that do it every week win lose or draw, i’d like to know what the team would have to do to get everyone to stay to the end if 5 goals don’t cut it, lifting the trophy again I imagine might make a few change their mind but that’s about it.

My main problem is not only that so many people leave after a massive win, but that that is normal for most of you, and that I’m unreasonable for questioning it more than everyone else is for leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was there the day we beat Pompey 10-nil in October 1928 and can confirm a lot of fans left early to avoid getting stuck in a penny farthing jam on Walnut Street.

And they had to because they needed to "send t'kids up chimney before dark"

Also on their departure they were all moaning about Channy missing a stack of chances in between his six goals that day ("Flat track bully" "Get rid" "he should've scored 10 'imself")

And many bemoaned how Filbert Street would have a better atmosphere if they swapped the Kop and Family Stand.

They were also blaming our Scottish boss Willie Orr for not speaking the Queen's English. "He should use words like 'qualiteh, intensiteh, mentaliteh' in the Leicester dialect only" 

And when the fans got home they wrote furiously to the evening newspaper, using their finest quill pens, to say it was better in the old days and "yer won't win owt w'kids."

Blimey Geoff ..... I think you could have a future in written Journalism if the radio lark ever dries up ........the sarcasm is up there with the best Henry winter pieces .........

Meanwhile, I think the OP has a point .....one wonders how much worse it will be in a few more years with another 10k in there ......

8 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

I don’t like being negative especially after a great game yesterday, but does any one else find it incredibly embarrassing that a large proportion of our fans can’t be bothered to stay to the end of a game where we won 5-0? 

Witnessing our joint highest scoring pl game to the end, adding to the atmosphere, and applauding the players and Rodgers for their efforts apparently are lower priorities than getting to your car a few minutes earlier to sit in gridlock traffic.

Its frankly embarrassing especially with the result and performance what it was but it happens every week. No other pl team would find their stadium half empty at the final whistle after a win let alone a 5-0 rout, and I doubt many football league clubs either. The Newcastle fans must have been watching in disbelief. I just felt sorry for Rodgers et al as they went round applauding so many empty seats.

I know some of you will say “I pay my money I’ll leave early if I want” but I’m sorry if a 5-0 win doesn’t compel you to stay and support your team then nothing will. 

If supporting the team, and staying to the end at least when the team has played brilliantly and scored FIVE GOALS aren’t your thing, maybe consider watching the games on Sky instead?

My dad is over 70. He got soaked at the game. He left at 4-0 to sit in the car and warm up. He doesn’t care what time you arrive or leave. 

• Like 4

If I go and there's the rare occasion I need to be somewhere after the game (as was the case yesterday) I just walk to the entrance way of the concourse about a minute left of added time and watch from there, give a quick clap then leg it. See no point in leaving a full five minutes earlier, but that's down to your own decision in the end, nothing to do with me. 

Edited by Finnaldo

8 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

I don’t like being negative especially after a great game yesterday, but does any one else find it incredibly embarrassing that a large proportion of our fans can’t be bothered to stay to the end of a game where we won 5-0? 

Witnessing our joint highest scoring pl game to the end, adding to the atmosphere, and applauding the players and Rodgers for their efforts apparently are lower priorities than getting to your car a few minutes earlier to sit in gridlock traffic.

Its frankly embarrassing especially with the result and performance what it was but it happens every week. No other pl team would find their stadium half empty at the final whistle after a win let alone a 5-0 rout, and I doubt many football league clubs either. The Newcastle fans must have been watching in disbelief. I just felt sorry for Rodgers et al as they went round applauding so many empty seats.

I know some of you will say “I pay my money I’ll leave early if I want” but I’m sorry if a 5-0 win doesn’t compel you to stay and support your team then nothing will. 

If supporting the team, and staying to the end at least when the team has played brilliantly and scored FIVE GOALS aren’t your thing, maybe consider watching the games on Sky instead?

Couldn't agree anymore with this. So many people around us left before the 5th goal! So many fans would love to watch their local club yet you've got these idiots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Great argument mate. I’m sure the same thing can be said for any opinion you can/have posted on here.

i wonder if you left early? You probably did, but it’s not like we won or anything so don’t worry.

There is no argument to be had, you are just being a child. 

Damn I love these threads. 

"You're a fake fan for leaving early"

"You're a tosser for thinking you're better than those that leave a bit early for reason XYZ" 

Never fails amuse me when someone comes on thinking they're better than sliced bread and how all those who leave early are inferior.

Personally I don't leave early, but I have the luck that I haven't needed to yet. But people have their own valid reasons, whether you like it or not. 

But at the end of the day, this is @WhatTheSchlupp?'s world and we're just living in it.

/s

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Markyblue
14 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Great argument mate. I’m sure the same thing can be said for any opinion you can/have posted on here.

i wonder if you left early? You probably did, but it’s not like we won or anything so don’t worry.

Mate let me explain a couple of things.  I've supported this club for over 45 years,  ive been the length and breadth of the country,  spent thousands following them in Europe,  been a season ticket holder for as many years as i can remember and if i decide to leave 2 minutes early when we are 5 nil up to possibly save me an hour on a50 mile journey im doing it. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Mate let me explain a couple of things.  I've supported this club for over 45 years,  ive been the length and breadth of the country,  spent thousands following them in Europe,  been a season ticket holder for as many years as i can remember and if i decide to leave 2 minutes early when we are 5 nil up to possibly save me an hour on a50 mile journey im doing it. 

Plastic... you should clap them off the pitch.