Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Match Thread

That scoreline is certainly fair based on the flow of play.

Nothing to be ashamed of there - Liverpool is a great team, they're generally going to dominate the chances, especially at home.  We were certainly outgunned but we didn't look overmatched, and offered the occasional interesting foray going forward. 

Barnes completely lost again, touch needs more work, need to get Perez on. Chilwell defensively poor, both Liverpool full backs are streets ahead of ours today.  We need to get Yuri, Madders in to game. Still look very very nervy at the big arenas and tests. Vardy incredibly isolated. 

Thats a good team we are playing. What we been trying to do all game, they done in an instant and gets a goal for it. We can't get going and thats down to Liverpool's doing.

But seriously Rodgers. Stop the Maddison on the wing thing, its not working and exposes today's weak link in Chillwell. Caglar is flippin great though!

• Like 1

We've done quite well I think. We are up against the European Champions and the gulf in class is there for all to see. Soyuncu has been magnificent and for the most part Evans was too, though he made a mistake I feel with their goal, which was superbly taken by Mane. I think we look too vulnerable down our right hand side with TAA and Mane having the beating of Chilwell. That's not a slight on Chilwell because those are two of the best players in the league, but I feel like it will cost us again if not sorted.

But being behind we will have to go for it and leave ourselves open! If only Adrian hadn't pulled off that wonderful save on Soyuncu...

• Like 1

Playing well- impressed with Praet.We look vulnerable down our left. Chilwell is not a great defender at the best of times, but he's not getting any protection from Maddison. Would it be better to switch Praet to the left? Caglar immense

• Like 1

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Barnes completely lost again, touch needs more work, need to get Perez on. Chilwell defensively poor, both Liverpool full backs are streets ahead of ours today.  We need to get Yuri, Madders in to game. Still look very very nervy at the big arenas and tests. Vardy incredibly isolated. 

Oh Jesus...classic FT.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

0-1 probably fair. We've been shite on the ball but they've swarmed us. Some good spells and still in the game. Albrighton on for Praet and Maddison in the middle at some point imo

Praet has been our best player with Soyuncu. Albrighton for Barnes I'd suggest. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

We've been ok, Liverpool are very good and they give you no time whatsoever and we've struggled in midfield. Need Albrighton on Alexander-Arnold as he's a huge threat. Barnes decision making frustrating, Maddison not good in that half but I think Tielemans has done well. Evans should be cutting it out but Mane makes some great runs. 

We've still got half a chance, got to stay in it. 

• Like 1