Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Match Thread

Mane has had Chilwell on toast in that first half. 

We've not troubled them at all. They've looked very comfortable. 

If we continue like this we'll end up losing 3/4-0 as Liverpool were just growing into the game as the half ended. 

1 minute ago, foxoffderby said:

Chilly has been poor today

Very poor, and not just this game but this season. Fuchs would have done a much better job and could help out in attack too. But with Chilwell in, perhaps we need to bring Albrighton on to support on the left.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Barnes completely lost again, touch needs more work, need to get Perez on. Chilwell defensively poor, both Liverpool full backs are streets ahead of ours today.  We need to get Yuri, Madders in to game. Still look very very nervy at the big arenas and tests. Vardy incredibly isolated. 

That's Barnes's main issue at this level, pretty loose first touch and not the best at protecting the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We've done quite well I think. We are up against the European Champions and the gulf in class is there for all to see. Soyuncu has been magnificent and for the most part Evans was too, though he made a mistake I feel with their goal, which was superbly taken by Mane. I think we look too vulnerable down our right hand side with TAA and Mane having the beating of Chilwell. That's not a slight on Chilwell because those are two of the best players in the league, but I feel like it will cost us again if not sorted.

But being behind we will have to go for it and leave ourselves open! If only Adrian hadn't pulled off that wonderful save on Soyuncu...

It still looks to me more like a damage control rather than effectively containing them. If Milner didn't fluff his lines we should've been one down in the first 20 minutes. We're nowhere to be seen in the middle of the park. Chilwell is having a mare but has no protection whatsoever against Mané and TAA. I can't see us getting anything if it goes on like this.

Albrighton should come on and Maddison must play more centrally. Soy has been great, good game from Praet.

Edited by That_Dude

We are a half a touch out... think its the differnece in playing this lot compared to Newcastle. The balls were finding our players last week, this time they are getting cut out, neeed to up the speed

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

One of the best teams in the wold at the moment so not a disgrace by any means. Would like us to try and impose ourselves on them more in the second half. COYB!! 

With Lovren and Milner in the eleven lol

Ok first half...Chilwell and Barnes looked a bit lost first 15..Liverpool had a game on Wednesday we should have a bit more in the tank second half.

Just Need to keep the ball a bit better once we get hold of it, as too quick to give back possession against a good team.

Vardy not had much to do, have felt at times this season Youri seems to slow down play when we have a chance to break away.

Not out of it yet, chances on target for both teams quite sparse.

Hopefully come out second half and go for it.

There's no shame in being one down at half time to Liverpool but I just wish that Rodgers in the big games would stop with this Maddison on the left shite.  He belongs in the middle.  We've seen time and time again that this works so why does he change it for these games.  If we are gonna lose these big games (which we likely will) then at least go down punching, not trying to scrape a nil nil. 

• Like 1