Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Burnley pre match

15 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

So difficult picking the middle 3, Maddison shouldn’t be on the left. So it’s between Maddison, Tielemans and Praet for 2 of the positions in the middle. 

I’d go

Schmeichel 

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Barnes

Vardy

I would put Albrighton to start this one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

I agree but against dogshite like Burnley, you need his long throws to mix it up a bit in the bus parking area! 

You are aware burnley set up with basically 4 centre halves right?

Vardy jumping against them is hardly going to work, unless you're throwing Wilf and Soy/Evans up, but that then leaves us extremely open for the counter. 

• Like 1

It would be nice to see Drinkwater start this one :mellow:

Does it seem a bit like we're building the team around Chilwell if he has to have a winger in front of him?

I'm not sure we'll see a consistent system from Rodgers for a while, so no idea how he'll see this game. 

Praet is the headache, but I still say, if you play the best player in position then I see the team looking like this. (standard my opinion/I know nowt about football disclaimer applies)

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell*

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Maddison 

Perez Vardy 

Sorry Ben, it's a non existent left wing again, so get over it and fill the gap properly. 

*debatable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Think this will be a 1-0 backs against the wall job from Burnley. They will sneak a goal then we will have 80% pocession but not be able to break them down.

The Power of Positive Thinking :appl:

Obviously not going to play 2 DMs against Burnley.  The challenge, it seems to me, is to find a way to get Praet - who's been one of our best players the last two weeks - on in a formation that keeps Maddison in a central role.  The best way I see of doing that is to play 4-1-2-1-2 with Perez and Vardy as dual strikers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Obviously not going to play 2 DMs against Burnley.  The challenge, it seems to me, is to find a way to get Praet - who's been one of our best players the last two weeks - on in a formation that keeps Maddison in a central role.  The best way I see of doing that is to play 4-1-2-1-2 with Perez and Vardy as dual strikers.

That's where Maddison played at the end of the Tottenham game. Maddison, Tielemans, Praet and Ndidi all in the same midfield is the stuff of dreams. 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Tielemans has clearly had issues with the 4-3-1-2 and just playing without wingers in general. Until he can support Chilwell properly and add some width from that position like Praet does, I don't think we should play the 4-3-1-2 against a compact team like Burnley as the midfield will be too congested and we won't be able to get anything done. 4-3-3 with wingers on the wings, one of Tielemans/Maddison/Praet getting the chop.

55 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Do we need to play a DM against these? 

A midfield four of Perez, Praet, Tielemans & Barnes/Albrighton with Maddison off Vardy.

Ndidi could always come on to then protect a lead  

I've suggested it in the past, but it's pretty clear at this point BR will never do it.

At this point I can't justify leaving out any of a healthy Praet, Tielemans or Maddison, even allowing for concerns with the formation.  They're all among our best and ultimately our three most creative players.  

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

.. so the diamond then!! 

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tielemans has clearly had issues with the 4-3-1-2 and just playing without wingers in general. Until he can support Chilwell properly and add some width from that position like Praet does, I don't think we should play the 4-3-1-2 against a compact team like Burnley as the midfield will be too congested and we won't be able to get anything done. 4-3-3 with wingers on the wings, one of Tielemans/Maddison/Praet getting the chop.

One radical answer to that would be a 4-3-3- with either Tielemans or Praet on the right wing.  I'd hate to lose their creative spark deep-lying in the midfield but technically either could certainly do it.  Praet actually has some experience playing as a kind of false winger on the right.

.. not sure if Maddison will be used for the International games and would like to see him fully recovered, before playing him again. 

Using Tielemans in the 10 role and Praet as the number 8 worked well against Newcastle and we appeared to be well balanced on the day. 

The only way we could accommodate Tielemans, Praet and Maddison is a diamond. We may now have too many riches in our midfield and shoehorning them out of position is not the answer. I can see Rodgers' playing Maddison wide left against Man. City as it seems that for him, that is the answer to the conundrum! 

He got it wrong at United and repeated the same poor decision against Liverpool. 

We went to two of the biggest clubs in England and never showed up. 

Don't blame the players Rodgers' tied their hands,! 

Something about Burnley at home that always fills me with dread. If anyone is going to beat us 1-0 it is them. Ndidi has to play for his physicality, want Preat and Tielemans to both play but that would mean Maddison on the 'wing' Has to make a choice. Whilst our wingers show no end product its easy for Rodgers to throw Maddison out there.

To be honest, as long as Soyuncu puts Ashley Barnes in the stands I'll be happy.

• Like 1