Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Burnley pre match

19 hours ago, pds said:

Jon Moss referee :plancque:

Don't want to get anyone too excited, but my mate who I go with hasn't missed a game since that famous West Ham game in 2016, and he isnt there tomorrow.

Too many coincidences..  so good news is we will definitely win the league, bad news is 2-2 tomorrow and Vardy will be sent off, so lump on!!

#itshappeningagain

Bar the 2016/17 home game Burnley has always been a difficult one for us. Even with our soaring profile they've known how to frustrate us. We even tried Ghezzal in the central midfield area last year IIRC. Not quite Crystal Palace levels of frustration but you earn it against them.

Not sure of our chances in this. B-Rod has improved us no end against the sides outside the top 6 but we probably are due to misfire against one of them sooner or later. Burnley for all their flaws are better and more organised than say Fulham of last year or Newcastle last month. 

Woould need Praet for a game like this. He was central to everyhting good about Newcastle and this type of game looks to suit him a lot.

Be great to win after Anfield. Off ye go Foxes.

Guest Eamonn

I'd play a 4 behind Vardy: Perez,  Maddison, Tielemans, Allbrighton.

Recovering the ball in their half will be important and i reckon those 4 are our best bet.

I expect more aerial combat than the Battle of Britain. Tough game this. An early goal though could change things dramatically. Just keep it on the floor and do not give away too many corners.

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I expect more aerial combat than the Battle of Britain. Tough game this. An early goal though could change things dramatically. Just keep it on the floor and do not give away too many corners.

If we start Maddison and Youri in the middle I have faith we should be able to cut open their midfield.  

Fun stat alert courtesy of Opta's Duncan Alexander:

City were the last team to have played eight games in a row against teams beginning with the letter "B", one of which was Burnley.

Back in 1936, we played:

Barnsley

Burnley
Bradford City

Blackpool

Bradford Park Avenue

Blackburn

Bradford Park Avenue (again)

Bury

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 02:20, pmcla26 said:

I thought Newcastle was going to be a tricky home game to see how much we’ve improved breaking down sides that sit in deep, but it wasn’t to be with the limp fight they put up. 

This could be that difficult game though, and after losing to Liverpool think it’s important we pick up 3 points here. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a nail biting 1-0 win mirroring that Norwich win in the 15/16 season after the international break

Guest Eamonn

This is my 6 yr old's 2nd game. We've been reading The Fox and the Ghost King as a warm up. Excitement levels are pretty high round our way...

4 hours ago, Guppy said:

Does anyone know what time the turnstiles open on matchday? 

Used to open around 10 on a match day, but if you knew the right people you could always knock on the back door and get an early beer. More than one away game back in the 90s we met up there having our first drink before the sun came up.

Not sure it’s there any more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going for 5-1 city, player on each side sent off. Penalty from Vardy, Perez hat trick and Evans with an early bullet header. 
Chris Woods with the goal for them, who is booked for his celebration, where he mimics what he did to Nigel’s daughter in front of the travelling support!

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Going for 5-1 city, player on each side sent off. Penalty from Vardy, Perez hat trick and Evans with an early bullet header. 
Chris Woods with the goal for them, who is booked for his celebration, where he mimics what he did to Nigel’s daughter in front of the travelling support!

Chris Woods doing well for a 60 year old goal keeper there!